Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Well, if twelve of us each pony up thirty one grand, we can each have it for a a month!

I had no idea it ran that extreme negative camber. Interesting. The instrument panel is also gorgeous, my God.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I hate the fake HF striping and stickers considering the car is in no other way set up for rallying and I think the type of PO who is likely to add those is probably an idiot. The final price was fair to decent if all of the potential issues with the car were identified by BAT people. Based on the PO and the seller, I'm not confident of that at all. The subframe mount should have been identified and replaced earlier, and the "just needs an alignment!" misdiagnosis doesn't inspire confidence, so I chose to sit it out.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I think they're already climbing. I am only allowed one (1) fun car, or else I would buy one.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Cholmondeley posted:

Took the Giulia out for a little snow-crossing this morning. The Q4 all wheel drive is nicely responsive.

What AWD system is it using? Haldex 5?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

there's a Maserati Khamsin on BAT with the euro bumper which has to be one of the most attractive cars ever made

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Well I'd like to know more

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that's a pretty big snail. did stock transaxle and such hold up to it or is there a bunch of custom work?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

I'm going to be getting rid of my '15 STI at some point this year and am looking for something that's for lack of a better term, more refined than my current car. What's the consensus on the Giulia as opposed to a 3 series, A/S3, CLA/C Class or other options in that similar price range, so that's going to exclude the QF obviously.

I had a '13 Abarth that I bought new(yeah yeah) that really soured me on the brand and the dogshit dealership network so that makes me wary. I offloaded it for the STI after about 7k miles and numerous gremlins at a monstrous loss because I was worried about the car literally falling apart on me. It was fun as hell to drive, I'll give it that.

You're likely to have all the same issues, but the Giulia is pretty nice so you should do it anyway.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

MrOnBicycle posted:

Question for any of you that have a GTV6: I just realized that I'm probably not the average 80's Italian man, I'm 192cm (6' 3-4"), with long legs. Am I screwed?

You can't really tell unless you sit in one but as has been alluded to, you can get spacers that help with the position. If you can't get the seat far back enough, that will be a bigger challenge.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that hard top ruins the lines

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Lladre posted:

I was thinking about leasing a 2018 Giulia, all wheel drive version. Anything I should watch out for?

it will definitely break

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

they should make a proper 124 coupe https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_124_Sport_Coup%C3%A9 bring back the AC imo

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ibntumart posted:

So I bought a new thing and I think it might fit in here.

haha yes you are an insane person in the best possible ways

how is it?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I am going to complain bitterly about the lack of a 3rd pedal in the lower-end Giulia until I am blue in the face. I don't give a gently caress how good the ZF 8-speed is.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

that's a pretty good value for Euro land but loving A I can walk in to my local FCA hellhole and walk out in an Abarth for like $25,000

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

ya bud

Euro car market is just expensive, it's not anything to do with shipping or supply chain or whatever. Taxes and fees are higher and the market pays higher prices. Basically what I am saying is the USA owns.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Dope. I saw a new Guilia QV on the street here in Michigan last night. I can't decide if I like it or not. The cloverleaf is still cool, though.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

It doesn't quite look like an Alfa to me. Something about the overall lines, I think. Just take the 159 design and put it on the new platform problem solved lads

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

RIP 4c you were cool as gently caress but somehow unsatisfying

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

krysmopompas posted:

And too low production for anyone to bother making a 6mt swap kit to rectify that.

that wasn't really the problem

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

RIP serge :italy:

to his credit he almost certainly saved FIAT and Chrysler both, which is fairly impressive

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

I enjoy every time an article gets posted when they lead with an AS 124 Sport Spider and you're reminded what a truly attractive car design looks like.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Grakkus posted:

The classic is amazing, but to be fair, the new one is pretty sweet for a modern car

It's not terrible but it just doesn't quite resolve. The headlights in particular look poo poo. There was a good interview with Tjaarda before he died where he complained and said it looks like a committee designed it. There are good elements but you don't get the sense of "this is one man's vision for a car" that you do on really good designs. I think he's right, and I don't think there's been a really good car design in a while, in part due to limitations of regulations but also due to the fact that no company is willing to take a risk with design.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

The MiTo followed by the 1300? berlinetta (I'm no good at Alfas) is a hilarious contrast. You can see the corporate resemblance in a good and bad way.
Great pictures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

the 159 looks great but the new noses look odd to me on the Giulietta and the MiTo. I don't think the Giulia looks like an Alfa.

• Locked thread