Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I LMAO when I see a modern FIAT 500, there's an original one that lives a few streets away and it's tiny. I then see a FIAT 500 X or L and just die from laughing because they're the most hideous cars currently for sale anywhere in the world and yet people buy them.

...when you get a picture taken next to your fat friend because it makes you look super tiny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Cheapest I can find over here is £14k and that's a solid £4k cheaper than the next one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

kimbo305 posted:

I'm drooling: http://www.evo.co.uk/news/19684/jay-kays-lancia-delta-integrale-comes-up-for-sale
Watch that video if you aren't familiar with the Integrale Evo -- shows a few of the special bits.

I appreciate the song names included in the text there. :v:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

The FF was/is indeed cool but people didn't realise it.

...it won't be like the FF though. :/

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Saw my first Giulia out in the wild on the opposite side of the road to me. I didn't know what it was initially but it looked fantastic, it was a dark grey. They look better in person than they do in photos.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

there's the classic bear wheels that were available for the Miata, that would be very fitting for a Panda

They've been superseded by the Rilakkuma (relax bear) wheels...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I can't decide whether a new Panda rolling on a Cromodora CD3 would look cool or not.

They'd look really loving cool if they had a touch more dish.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:mmmhmm: yeah

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

slothrop posted:

here's your reminder about this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXgWWNJVdYA

Chris Harris sitting in a 037, Stratos, Delta S4. No he's not driving. I watch this every few months and it never fails to make me smile.

I will second this being a video to return to multiple times. The old fuckers on here are still insanely quick, reactions on point.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

there's a Maserati Khamsin on BAT with the euro bumper which has to be one of the most attractive cars ever made

There's a dude local to me who owns one and I was graced by it's beauty twice in as many days as I was cycling home from work. Guy clearly enjoys driving it, he was wearing the hugest poo poo-eating grin.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

That's the first time I've liked the 124.

Same. I'd still take the MX5/Miata over it every single time though if I were purely going on styling.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

aka the MichaelJacksonmobile from the Moonwalker video.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Fabulous, Italian, rare as gently caress...

https://petrolicious.com/articles/hidden-for-decades-we-found-gianni-agnellis-custom-fiat-500-and-it-has-some-incredible-stories-to-tell

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

It's not terrible but it just doesn't quite resolve. The headlights in particular look poo poo. There was a good interview with Tjaarda before he died where he complained and said it looks like a committee designed it. There are good elements but you don't get the sense of "this is one man's vision for a car" that you do on really good designs. I think he's right, and I don't think there's been a really good car design in a while, in part due to limitations of regulations but also due to the fact that no company is willing to take a risk with design.

It's the sheer acreage of cheap looking plastics on the front that truly kill it for me, it's supposed to be more expensive than the MX-5 yet the MX-5 looks like it costs more and is a far more coherent design from front to back. I say this as someone who hated the MX-5 initially. The 124 in general looks really 'Americanised' to my European eyes, I grew up looking at cars like the original and the 124 just looks like as you say, a committee approximation of it.

• Locked thread