Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I drove my sister-in-law's Renegade and was blown away at how bad everything was. Gf's Crosstrek seems 5 years newer and somehow a LOT more powerful, despite it having a CVT vs the jeep/fiat's 6spd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Is the 500 actually a bad car? I've seen them locally for $4-5k with like 60k miles and clean. It's stick, it's tiny, perfect to park in city. What am I missing?

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I think it's fun. I drive a miata, so small is good. I just need something with a hard top that's quiet enough to drive places and not a bright yellow miata with a roll bar and race tires when I meet clients.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
Drove a '13 500 Sport today.

Hooooly crap. I drive a 1.6 miata and this thing was SO slow. Car is 4 years old with a broken arm rest, worn buttons, broken trunk lid and the prop for the hood fell to the ground when I opened it.

Biggest disappointment? My head touches the roof. For such a tall car I expected tons more space. :sigh:

Guess I'll keep driving my miata everywhere.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

eyebeem posted:

The sport is just a base model 500 with a body kit.

Drive a turbo or an Abarth.

Literally 3x the cost. I'd just buy an FR-S/BRZ.

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003
I'm shopping used. 4k is local 500 price if you shop around, 12k+ for an abarth. That's into BRZ/FR-S territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise
Sep 10, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

BR-Zs cost $12k now???

Around 10-12 for R-title and 12-15 for non. So yes. BRZ/FR-S

• Locked thread