Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPhOCXzLBKA

Hopefully this one will diverge further from the "Assassins Creed in LOTR" formula the first game mostly followed and expand on the Nemesis system some more. Like maybe a friendly faction of guys who have ongoing vendettas with certain orcs or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Also I hope there's an actual final boss and not just a stupid QTE.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Shadow of Boredom lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Shadow of Boredom lol.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've had the first for over a year and can't bring myself to play it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Shitness lol.

Edit: Wrong thread.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

sector_corrector posted:

i've had the first for over a year and can't bring myself to play it.

it's pretty fun if you skip most of the side-missions

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I have the epic GOTY Legendary Cocksmith Motherfucker EA Gold Badass edition and never got far into it. I liked most everything about it except the aesthetic which bored me to tears. Did the environments ever change?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I have the epic GOTY Legendary Cocksmith Motherfucker EA Gold Badass edition and never got far into it. I liked most everything about it except the aesthetic which bored me to tears. Did the environments ever change?

There's a map with grass on it.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you switch over to a second, prettier map at around the halfway point

the enemies are pretty much the same tho

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I loved the first one when it came out and haven't thought of it since. The nemesis system was great

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
They should add a monster truck

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
the entire map looks like a lovely mudpit, let us drive a bigass truck tearing that mud up everywhere

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I loved the first one when it came out and haven't thought of it since. The nemesis system was great

I don't know why more triple A games didn't rip the nemesis system, it was really neat beating someone who killed your friend

elf help book posted:

the entire map looks like a lovely mudpit, let us drive a bigass truck tearing that mud up everywhere

This reminded me of the Ni no Kuni overworld car, ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want a saints row with that system for the rival gang.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

the nemesis system fuckin rocked, it made for some really cool poo poo. myo nly problem with it was that the hard to kill trait should have been applied to all the orcs by default nd there should only have been ten or so around at a time. fewer but better captains would have been way more fun

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I don't know why more triple A games didn't rip the nemesis system, it was really neat beating someone who killed your friend

This reminded me of the Ni no Kuni overworld car, ftw

I wanted something like this for an Action RPG or something similar. Also speaking of NNK... 2 can't come soon enough

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i liked shadow of mordor but after a while everything felt the same and you became far too powerful for a game that just keeps throwing grunts at you, ill keep an eye on this though

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

the Nemesis System was brilliant for the first 2-3 hours then you never died ever again and it became kind of moot. Games advice on this was to constantly kill yourself to keep it interesting

Hope this is good though, or at least gets more people to copy the nemesis stuff

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

I liked shadow of mordor but my AMD GPU blew the gently caress up if i tried to use the focus mode for shooting arrows. AKA game unplayable.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

that book owned

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I never actually read it. I bought SoM on sale a couple months ago but haven't dug into it much. The curse of too many games

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Pablo Gigante posted:

I never actually read it. I bought SoM on sale a couple months ago but haven't dug into it much. The curse of too many games

I read a line from it every night before me and my family dig into our Chipotle bowls.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

I read a line from it every night before me and my family dig into our Chipotle bowls.

Lmao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the Nemesis System was brilliant for the first 2-3 hours then you never died ever again and it became kind of moot. Games advice on this was to constantly kill yourself to keep it interesting

Hope this is good though, or at least gets more people to copy the nemesis stuff

I think theres a way to advance time in that game without killing yourself, like if you go the top of the towers

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I actually liked hte first game up until the last hour and the loving Final Boss QTE

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

"Revenge solves everything" - Gandalf, Dishonored (2012)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nobody eever copied the nemesis system like everyone hoped that someone would.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

Nobody eever copied the nemesis system like everyone hoped that someone would.

new Warriors game with it please

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

HORMELCHILI posted:

new Warriors game with it please

Oh my loving god

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

I think theres a way to advance time in that game without killing yourself, like if you go the top of the towers
yeah but the nemesis system is kind of boring if it's not creating memorable baddies from the orcs who actually keep killing you. At the start of my playthrough I kept getting sniped by this one tiny infuriating fucker and I hated him more than any normal game villain I can think of lol. I was really sad when I killed him a fourth or fifth time and he never came back.... the joker to my batman if you will. I really want it in saints row or something like that

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

the joker to my batman if you will.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

yeah but the nemesis system is kind of boring if it's not creating memorable baddies from the orcs who actually keep killing you. At the start of my playthrough I kept getting sniped by this one tiny infuriating fucker and I hated him more than any normal game villain I can think of lol. I was really sad when I killed him a fourth or fifth time and he never came back.... the joker to my batman if you will. I really want it in saints row or something like that

yeah i hd a sniper who could one-shot me wth his bow and was immune to evrything except fire and half damage to arrows, i spnt like five hours trying to get hm in a situation i could finally kill him for real nd when he was really dead i felt like i beat the game

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Batman gets sad when he kills the Joker, his "nemesis".

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You don't know poo poo about Batman.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

That is uncalled for.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Like maybe a friendly faction of guys who have ongoing vendettas with certain orcs or something

Oh I guess this is actually happening

quote:

The game, which takes place directly after the first title, expands the Nemesis System to encompass the environment and other characters by includng followers and Nemesis Fortresses. Followers sow their own stories of "loyalty, betrayal, and revenge," and Fortresses let you defeat enemy strongholds and create your own orc army.

Already announced for the game are two Nemesis expansions titled Slaughter Tribe and Outlaw Tribe (featuring new orc tribes, missions, fortress updates, equipment, and more) and two story expansions titled Blade of Galadriel and Desolation of Mordor (with a new campaign, playable character with abilities, missions, allies, and more).

It seems like the game is going to revolve around you staging some kind of orc civil war, but I REALLY hope you get to leave Mordor this time. The trailer seemed to show a lot of stuff outside Mordor so it'd be weird if that wasn't the case.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That is uncalled for.

Batman would never take the life of anyone, not even someone like the Joker, a man so disturbingly chaotic he finds the very concept of crime to be funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I really want to be able to lead a small army of orcs against an enemy army, Mount & Blade style. I hope the faction battles aren't all just you and four guys vs. whatever captain and his four guys, or something...

• Locked thread