Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you go to Culver's you get the pork tenderloin, not the burger. Duh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If you marinate your cut-up chicken pieces in baking soda for 15 minutes prior to cooking, it makes crappy dry white meat chicken have the dark meat consistency like what you get in chinese restaurants. Excellent tip for stir fry/making chinese food or chicken tacos at home.

Other facts:

Any steak cooked higher than medium is a waste of expensive meat.
Roast dinners are okay but mostly are useful so you can tell your english friends "Yorkshire pudding? This is a roll, mate".
Avocados are cool and good and my friend and it's kind of odd that it revulses our antipodean friends so much. He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich, I guess.
Shaving should be done twice a week max, with a Gilette Fusion blade you change once every 6 months at most.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
If your butcher doesn't... butch.. he's just a meat dealer. A meatpimp, if you will.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Weather finally got nice in SoCal, here's some fun commuter cars seen this week:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Movie chat/UK Regional Softness Chat:
My wife (who is not from That London but sounds posh enough to do voiceovers) and her friends were allowed to rent the VHS of "Cannibal Holocaust" at about age 12 by her mother, a professional woman of the solidly well-off middle class. I watched it in my mid 30's, hardened by a couple decades of the internet, and I was still shocked and impressed.

The first movie I remember seeing in the theaters was also Star Wars. Hi-five to Lloyd and Cat and the rest of the experienced crew.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Daylight Wasting Time is stupid and should be abolished. I don't care that the economic anxiety voters are unable to find their new coal mine jobs because it's too dark in the mornings.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I just finished Cormac McCarthy's 'The Road' and my biggest question is "Why is there such a shortage of shoes, it's obviously just a few years after whatever trump did to that world's timeline that reduced the population by 90% and I've got like 10 pair I don't even remember owning in my closet at this point, where did all the shoes go"

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I'm not affiliated with this at all but got an email about their $11 early-access/alpha since I liked "Big Pharma" enough to buy it from them:

http://www.positech.co.uk/productionline/

positech.co.uk marketing posted:

The main gameplay objective of Production line is implementing the efficiencies discovered by Henry Ford with the original model T car, the system that became the blueprint for the production line revolution, and which still holds fast even today. The principle that dividing a task (such as building a car) up into ever smaller, ever more defined, even simpler tasks will yield higher production performance and thus cheaper cars. To 'win' in production line you need to be able to seek out and fix inefficiencies in a vast production line that snakes with carefully planned precision around a collosal car factory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOrFgzZM5H0

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I've driven priuses, trust me, it's just a Prius.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Applebees Appetizer posted:

That's a dumbass thing to say. It's a brand new car no matter what kind of car it is, don't act like you wouldn't be pissed if it happened to you.
Nah, I just have perspective on what actually matters in the world and disposable driving appliances that are meant to be treated like work trucks isn't high up there.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Black paint really is impossible to keep pristine, but it's also easiest to cover up with the Dr. ColorChip type solutions.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

everdave posted:

Worse, it is "Desert Sand Metallic" not just black black

I am about to start drinking at work everything is fine I am not stressed at all thanks

It IS Saint Patrick's day...

Seriously man, Nashville is going to have plenty of good detailers. If you spend $150-200 on the right one, you'll never know it happened. Sorry your new car got scratched up, don't let it ruin your day.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

clam ache posted:

I'm in Louisville till Tuesday. Celebrating my aniversary with my wife. Anyone have any good recommendations? Just did the Louisville slugger tour. Was awesome due to an amazing tour guide. Also this city feels tiny compared to Chicago but still a bigish city.

There's civil war battlefields and stuff around there, and the horse grounds at the Kentucky Derby are interesting as well if you're into that kind of thing.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

So, uh, how hard is it to learn stick? If I bought a Focus RS or Civic R with no manual experience would I just gently caress up the car and cost myself a ton of money?

99.9% of the developing and undeveloped world drive manual only. It's not hard at all. It should take about 2 or 3 attempts on a sloppy cheap car's transmission, and maybe 15 times on a racecar with a stiff clutch if that's your first manual ever.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
It's probably so when he steals a car legally and the fuckbag deadbeat comes out and makes up a big plate of lies about how he beat them up, he has evidence to show the cops.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Looks like a rural slum that moved closer to town.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

The Door Frame posted:

Ok, ok, I hear you, but I also think that W might have done something similar to the first picture
When you dodge the draft in Vietnam, you gotta get your playtime on the military toys somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Geoj posted:

Jesus tapdancing Christ.

Just took a call from one of my old bosses at the call center that laid me off last month, asking if I could come in to sign a noncompete they "forgot" to have me sign when I first started there in summer of 2015.

He seemed genuinely confused when I said no, and doubly so when I explained that I stand to gain nothing by doing so when he asked why I was being "difficult".

Just tell them they also forgot to sign and send you the $10k check that will allow you to waive your competition intentions at this point in the proceedings and then ask why they're being difficult when they refuse.

• Locked thread