Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

auto pay to your credit card, collect those reward points or cashback, pay it off every single month.
I mean sure, but you don't have to use auto pay. It's still a potential headache. I don't mind paying bills as they come in.

Speaking of credit card rewards, what are you guys using? I was on a 1% rewards Capital One for years, cashing the points in for fuel cards, but just switched to a Capital One Quicksilver cause it's 1.5% cash back.

I have a 1% cash back American Express for backup. Neither card charges an annual fee, and I pay them off every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

ilkhan posted:

Citi double cash. 2% on everything, no hassles with minimums or anything, no AF. I have a CSP I need to cancel to avoid the fee soonish too.

Ooo I'll have to look into that.

Look I know we don't do politics here, but you guys have to see this because omg

It's the birth of Immortan Joe. Today trump wore an "I :love: TRUCKS" button, sat in a rig and pretended to drive, truth is stranger than fiction

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

That's my president

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Congratulations!

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Liquid Communism posted:

Reasons why I will never own rental property, Exhibit A.
Trust, we don't want it either. It sat for sale for months in the stagnant market a few years ago before we decided to rent.

I'm tempted to walk away, but my wife doesn't want to screw up her credit. Hell if she had walked away originally she'd have a ton more cash and past halfway to it running off her credit report. I guess she wants to keep her options open to run off from me. :v:

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Cage posted:

Saw a nice house online a few hours ago, so I just got pre-approved for a mortgage and asked my realtor friend how to get the ball rolling in viewing the house and possibly making an offer. 🏠

Nice, congrats.

I did basically the same with our last home and mortgage, we weren't actively looking so I started the loan process online. When it got to underwriting, they sent me a letter needing an explanation for the credit check that they, the same bank did at the beginning for pre-approval. I wrote them just about the snarkiest explanation letter I could conjure.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I have to own property in the country, my lifestyle doesn't allow living in a neighborhood or apartment.

Rednecking it up over here

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

I'm so goddamned sick of getting sick this winter. Every time I turn around the kids bring some new crud home.

P sure this latest was brought by the wife helpfully watching one of her co-workers little brats. Usually the youngest gets it when we have to drop her into daycare for a day here and there. Last year I paid almost $1k for the privilege of letting my kid share space and disease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

funny Star Wars parody posted:

The average American cannot afford a $400 emergency cost and has over $50k in consumer debt

I don't doubt it, most of my co-workers gross near 80k, and probably half don't have much more than $1000 cash at any time.

Everybody has big shiny 4wd trucks though!

• Locked thread