Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Today on the BBC and the Spectator: should disabled people be 'allowed' to be paid less than minimum wage? This woman in Brighton thinks so, because her daughter doesn't understand the concept of money anyway:

https://twitter.com/Emmabarnett/status/837234398374346752

(That 'Improving Lives' government paper that wilfully misinterprets research to conclude that being unemployed is bad for your health because work literally just makes you healthy makes me really, really angry)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

You know, that's exactly the same line of reasoning that some employers use to justify not hiring women too - we're a liability, because 'as soon as you hire one she'll only go and get pregnant and then you have to find maternity cover and when she comes back she'll be distracted thinking about her child all the time and she won't work as hard and that's why we don't hire women, it's not sexist really it's just the way of the world'.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Prince John posted:

Still a bizarre question though, who the gently caress wants to talk about their sexuality at work?

I mean I don't know what your workplace is like but in my office people talk about their husbands/wives/etc pretty often. I knew two of my colleagues were gay because they mentioned their boyfriends in passing. That's 'talking about your sexuality at work'.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Paxman posted:

What if it was possible for WhatsApp to break the encryption on behalf of the police if there was a genuine reason for seeing a specific person's recent conversation, as there arguably is now. Is it technically feasible to design it so it works that way? (I have no idea).

That's not how encryption works. If encryption can be broken by anyone, it can be broken by anyone else.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

The problem with sex-selective abortion isn't the abortions, it's the reasons people feel that having a boy/girl would be absolutely awful for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

This is an April Fools joke someone messed up the Twitter scheduling on, right? ...Right?

• Locked thread