Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

northern ireland is having an actual election today and the thread poll is about who should be labour leader! cmon, no need to be so anglo centric

Which way would you all vote today if in northern ireland?

The big players are

DUP - unionists, corrupt right wing nut jobs, just got booted out of government by their coalition partners. historical association with paramilitaries. pro brexit
    Sinn Féin - republicans, said coalition partners who have a fresh new leader for new elections, historical association with paramilitaries (and apparently friends of corbyn) . anti brexit
    UUP - unionists, basically tories but more willing to work with others than the DUP, used to be in government until going into opposition last year, no party position on brexit but a lot of their candidates seem to be pro
    SDLP - nationalists, socially conservative but take the labour whip in westminster so infer from that what you will, anti brexit
    Alliance - undeclared, third way (in the northern irish sense) liberals, not as bad as the other main parties but a bit underwhelming, anti brexit

the lesser players

TUV - unionists, like the DUP only more so, pro brexit, they currently have 1 seat
    PBP - republicans? anti austerity, pro brexit party, they currently have 2 seats
    Greens - undeclared, got their second mla last year, popular with young people

the outsiders

Workers party of ireland - republican, Marxist–Leninist, pro brexit?
    Cannabis is safer than alcohol party - undeclared, no idea what their stance is on anything except weed
    Conservatives - unionists, always do terrible (they tend to get less votes than the various communist parties), pro brexit
    cross community labour alternative - undeclared, left wing anti brexit party, cant dress themselves
    pup - unionist, left wing, historical association with paramilitaries
    ukip - unionist (but not if its european!), pro brexit of course
    independents - lots of these

so a great many to choose from but its STV so people may go hog wild voting down the list

personally i intend to vote in this order: greens, cross community labour alternative, alliance, sdlp and then just wing it from there voting for everyone except the dup, conservatives, tuv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clear eyes full farts
Jul 3, 2007

the uk is just awful
It's a fake democracy
with free education and healthcare as long as you are a dosser and I am trapped here :(

Spangly A posted:

Cannabis is Safer than Alcohol don't exist anymore. It's a totally seperate party, called Citizens Independent Social Thought Alliance, and definitely not a rebrand honest

whoops i didnt even know thanks! its led me to this amazing blog entry https://northernsocial.wordpress.com/2017/02/19/tony-blair-stole-my-posters/

• Locked thread