Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008
Recent news wise there hasn't been anything in the last couple of threads about our dirty little secret - the failing prison system. Surprised as there has been a lot more coverage recently & the hidden (sorry, I mean prison) service typically gets bugger all press.

Cuts endemic to the nasty party if applied to some other service would have shut said service down. Out of sight, out of mind I suppose. Easy to tear chunks out of what the public can't see & don't much care for or understand. Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008

kingturnip posted:

I imagine what's great about prisons from a Tory point of view is that, for the public, it's the equivalent of 'The Only Moral Abortion'. Everyone in prison is there because they're an unrepentant, dangerous sack of poo poo apart from anyone I like, who's there by mistake.
Therefore, no-one actually cares all that much about cuts that harm prisoners.

Y'know, other than anyone who thinks rehabilitation is worthwhile, or who realises how loving expensive it is to keep prisoners in prison, even after you've cut things to the bone.

I admit I've got a vested interest in the service; what disappoints me is that the horrendous statistics reported about assaults on staff etc go undiscussed everywhere; Parliament don't give a poo poo & every mouth breathing daily mail reader assumes that officers are well remunerated institutional thugs.

Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008

Pistol_Pete posted:

After watching the eye-popping undercover Panorama documentary on the state of our prisons, it's pretty clear that the whole system could be engulfed in catastrophic riots at any moment.

Not watched it. Don't really feel the need to. However since you said that I've had a gander on YouTube, it's been uploaded there. Had to close it as the comment section (not the best cross section of society I know) made me turn a bit red. To quote a snippet "Some of the prison guards are letting the drugs in and making a load of money while the Government turn a blind eye". Indicative of a lot of comments on public forums with regards to the situation. The internet is the worst place.

• Locked thread