Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I offer myself to lead the Labour party as a silent cardboard box covered in memes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Britain.... bad????????

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

I think Carswell is relatively popular on a local level

When he first defected and won his seat's re-election, BBC went down there to ask locals why they voted for Carswell/UKIP and the response from one local was "because our previous MP was loving useless."

Voters are dumb, is what I'm saying.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jBrereton posted:

ok what can we do with this information

*smokes a turd* why would you want information on rich people that can reveal uncomfortable truths about their lives, that's just like 1984

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Is that what the hip young tory councilors are doing nowadays?

Oh he's more than just a failed PPC?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

The most chilling part is how the commenters think that this is compassionate. It's like watching eldritch, otherworldly horrors try on human masks.

Compassionate conservatism. Or in this case compassionately conning autism havers.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

WMain00 posted:

The FTSE went into utter freefall this morning, anyone know why?

I have a feeling the extra £2bn in taxes made investors nervous.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Y'all are getting rather sensual for 9 in the evening on the dead gay forums.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

streaming has broken the singles charts because peolpe just listen to the same songs over and over

Goon project: get Blue (Da Ba Dee) back to #1 in the singles charts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

...BDSM Black Metal?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Close. Depressive suicidal black metal. It's super goofy and dumb. Emo for metallers.

if your black metal isn't discussing the worthless pointlessness of existence it's not doing its job imo

either that or it's dimmu borgir who I still have a soft spot for

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Such a deal assumes that May would negotiate an utterly dogshit deal (at this point looking quite likely) that voters would come to their senses (not likely) and take part in the #LibDemFightBack leading to 100 years of Lib Dem hegemony.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Greens are better and cheaper but more of a hassle to deal with

But enough about the political party.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

Apparently the Greens in my area are full of right-wing Jill Stein-esque weirdos since all the left-wing people joined the Labour party after Corbyn won

The Green Party's central committee are full of right-wing people who are virulently opposed to gay people, trans people, black people, women, Muslims, etc.

The youth of the party frequently said that they're more naturally Labour but couldn't support New Labour. With any luck the outcome of the Corbyn experiment will at least have a new generation of left-wing Labour members to revive the party post-2020 defeat.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Mainstream environmentalism has a very strong conservative trend when you go deep enough and I'm not sure why people are so frequently surprised given that 90% of the premise is "wasn't it better when this was all countryside?"

I'd be interested in their actual justification for hating LGBT people and women, except I'd imagine they're no more interesting than that of the Religious Right only swap The Lord with Gaia and keep the underlying reason of "they're different and I don't like them."

It was a bunch of old white guys. It's basically their default state. Bonus points for the bewildered looking white dude ranting about "the Islams." Local parties can be better. Mine basically just talk about carpools, recycling and disability rights.

Pissflaps posted:

Yeah this will definitely revive Labour.

Higher likelihood than impotently whining about Corbyn on a dead comedy forum!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

At least my impotent winnings on a dead comedy forum won't actively make Labour worse.

True, just the thread.

forkboy84 posted:

Please, you mean the Green Party of England & Wales. The Scottish Green Party is very good. Except on the usual issues that goons love involving science.

I have to admit I've not heard much from the Scottish one (for some reason down here in the Midlands).

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Well, they are good. Patrick Harvie is the best. The natural party for left wing pro-independence supporters. Also have more MSPs than UKIP & the Lib Dems combined which is nice.

Ah, so they have 1?

*turns to give TinTower a poo poo-eating grin*

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

6! Could have been more if SNP voters could be bothered to listen to how the Scottish Parliament voting system works but there you go.

It would be nice to have anything other than FPTP down here.

I'd even settle for settle for pure PR.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

settle for settle for

says tesseraction with a dazed look

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao

Pissflaps posted:

I don't think I could ever tire of highlighting the grubby, opportunistic face of nationalism.

We're finally seeing the power of pissflaps' activism at its strongest: weakly trolling some guy's blog via twitter.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I'm not an activist.

Well clearly, you're peak slacktivism.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

God drat it forkboy!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

I do gain satisfaction from successfully arguing a point in good faith

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

It's Vince McMahon, the runner of World Wrestling Entertainment (formerly World Wrestling Federation until they lost a cage match to an angry panda). Also the reason Donald Trump is technically a wrestling hall of famer.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JFairfax posted:

donald trump is his barber

Trump's pulling that face because of the black man's proximity.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

the election expenses investigations are making things a little backstabby at conservative hq:

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/841712936062132224

and thus leads the long chain of hilarious events that ends up with Tim Farron becoming prime minister

the #libdemfightback succeeds!

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

jfc did anyone post this already?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/nicola-sturgeon-liar-traitor-head/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_tw

I just bolded all the 'Scottish stereotype' phrases out oh so witty journalist thinks she's so witty by using

It's the Telegraph so unless you're put off by the lack of calls for paup genocide I'm not sure what's surprising about that article.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Darth Walrus posted:

They usually go for a classier, more erudite brand of bigotry. They seem to be forgetting they're not the Mail here.

Isn't she primarily a columnist for the Mail?

There's a reason Private Eye like to call it the Maily Telegraph these days.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jBrereton posted:

Unfortunately labour's own voters have more faith in Tess. That's how bad this situation is.

I am willing to lead.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JFairfax posted:

I thought the no means "yes" position was the SWP's?

:eyepop:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Office work is a major health hazard. I believe the last estimate was you need to do one hour of exercise a day to make up for the daily damage an office job does to your health

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol just lol if you don't spend your day in front of a 4x3 matrix of screens

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

while sitting on a backless chair

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

au contraire my droog

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

JFairfax posted:

yeah Tesseraction what kind of shenanigans are you pulling here?

*chews on a stem of grass*

I don' make the names here pardner

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Baron Corbyn posted:

This is far from the worst poll we've seen since May took over. What warrants the "holy gently caress"? UKIP collapsing within reach of the Greens?

Labour breaking 30%? lol

Maybe she's just impressed that the Lib Dems are continuing to be relevant.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I mean, if despite Corbyn's unpopularity and general party malaise Labour manage to start gaining in the polls it would be pretty impressive. Of course this will probably trigger a fuckbarrelling from our ever-so-delightful press.

Tomorrow's headlines: "Corbyn fucks animals!*"

*according to crazy man we found in a ditch

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

How much damage did that do to Daveycam in the polls?

pig on pig action is normal

also the papers slamming corbyn for something the tories also do would be pretty par for the course

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems that rape tax went through after all via statutory instrument: https://www.theguardian.com/law/2017/mar/16/tax-credit-clause-becomes-law-without-parliament-vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

Corbyn gets loads of coverage. You're deluding yourself.

"Inequality? Pah! The law forbids both the rich man and the poor man equally from sleeping under a bridge."

• Locked thread