Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

haakman posted:

So DD revealed up to 40% tariffs on dairy & meat. This is loving massive. It will decimate the pig industry in this country.

Hmmm, David Cameron hosed the dead pig industry.

Will this man's lust ever be sated?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ThomasPaine posted:

QT used to make me angry but now I just laugh. How is it actually possible for the public to be this consistently ignorant.

That's a feature, not a bug, of capitalist democracy.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

LemonDrizzle posted:

Being MP for Tatton must be the easiest job in the world if you can do it at the same time as editing a widely read newspaper and being a senior adviser to a major financial firm.

It has already been shown at great length that there's no requirement to do any of those three jobs competently.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Pochoclo posted:

The good thing about living in central London is that, in the event of global thermonuclear war, I'll die fast and painlessly.

You'll look back on this post in 240 years and make a bitter gurgle through your radioactively-mutated gills.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Now that article 50 is triggered it's a case of which party is pushing for the better policies in the deal. Now, having watched that May interview on Wednesday be a total car crash I was hoping that Corbyn would stomp her in the rebuttal interview... but despite some strong moments he mostly just puttered on what should've been a slam dunk, especially given Brillo's obvious contempt for May.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

jBrereton posted:

What do you as a brexiteer want out of this process?

Ideally: for us to leave the EU but remain in the single market and spur an internal realisation of need for proper beneficial reform within the EU.

More realistically: for us to have a less-optimal-but-still-bearable trade deal and some pragmatic reorganisation of the EU towards solving its fundamental identity crisis. Most likely still deckchairs on a titanic as long as the Eurozone continues apace.

What I'm not looking forward to: May being such a colossal dumbshit that we end up on WTO rules and the EU giving us a punishing retaliation on top of it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

baka kaba posted:

I think he (and Labour in general) are trying to stay on message - not down on Brexit happening, wanting it to work out, but promising to hold the government to account over the specifics of the deal. At this stage it's probably counterproductive to suddenly move straight to 'this will be bad and the Tories are gonna gently caress it up'. Which is true, but they're trying to look objective and criticise the deal itself. They've sounded pretty aggressive on, like, the repeal bill

Oh I agree, but when asked simple questions like "so you don't differ from the Tories on this policy?" he'd warble instead of talk about how Labour is more interested in maintaining trade relations even outside of an optimal deal whereas May was just saying "FOUR FREEDOMS: BURN THE IMMYGRUNTS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

TinTower posted:

We're still the only party to have more seats now than after the 2015 election. :colbert:

What percentage of the seats prior to that election is your current tally?

• Locked thread