Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

floofyscorp posted:

Today on the BBC and the Spectator: should disabled people be 'allowed' to be paid less than minimum wage? This woman in Brighton thinks so, because her daughter doesn't understand the concept of money anyway:

https://twitter.com/Emmabarnett/status/837234398374346752

(That 'Improving Lives' government paper that wilfully misinterprets research to conclude that being unemployed is bad for your health because work literally just makes you healthy makes me really, really angry)

The most chilling part is how the commenters think that this is compassionate. It's like watching eldritch, otherworldly horrors try on human masks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Edit: Never mind, it's from loving ages ago.

Uhhh... So how you all doing then?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Bad. How are you?

A parcel got signed for by my neighbour and they're shouting through the door that they aren't going to open up, so, confused.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There was briefly some guy shouting through the letterbox just now and the lights are all off.

First time I've had something delivered to my house rather than work. Never again.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have no idea what the gently caress is happening with that house, but during the day things seem pretty normal and friendly and regular, then when the sun goes down everything just gets weird as described, so I think I'll put a pin in this until tomorrow.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Cerv posted:

for some reason the sci-fi channel quite often put that in their middle of night anime filler slot. which i would tape and watch on a sunday afternoon when i was like 12
never wiped a tape quicker in my life

Same, and the anime taped before it was the final Evangelion, where the creator told everyone who hated the original ending to go gently caress themselves and had the entire cast explode before turning the Earth into a primordial soup. Since I hadn't seen a single episode beforehand, it was very confusing.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

What on earth kind of university course did you do?

Media studies. What else? :rolleyes:

(Sorry, I deleted that to avoid keeping the derail going too long. Overfiend managed to get a rep as an animated video nasty, which is why it managed to get sort of a pass for several years).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't watch much anime anymore after the foolish choices of my youth. I finished Naruto out of sheer inertia and quit Bleach about twenty chapters from the end, which got so indefensibly poor that Kubo was told he had five chapters to wrap up then they were pulling the plug.

I like a lot of western animation though. There's a new series of Duck Tales that's looking pretty solid.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Red Oktober posted:

The news orgs at least got smart to that and have now started writing headlines like 'Trump claims, citing no evidence, that Obama tapped his phones'.

If they're going to play that game then the headline should just be 'Trump makes claim while citing no evidence' and leave it at that.

It'd get a bit repetitive, but his indignant rage sure wouldn't.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

GlyphGryph posted:

So, how has it been going in the UK?

Today work announced they're shutting our centre down, shoving me somewhere that'll up my transport costs by six hundred quid a year and a bunch of other people are losing their job, so I nicked a load of shelving for my room.

Otherwise I just stare out the window looking at the crows wandering about eating discarded pasties and wondering how my life turned out to be less fulfilling.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

JFairfax posted:

could be your posture, you might have an anterior pelvic tilt which is common amongst people who sit all day and this could be stretching out your hammies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CrEi0ymMg

I need more like this, my left side in particular is noticeably tighter than my right from neck to toe and means I can't run anymore because I get runner's knee in my left knee after a few kilometres, no matter how easy I go on it (and I'm in pretty solid shape otherwise!).

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I save at least £200 a month, more if I can. I have no idea if I am in any private schemes, because I am so disillusioned by the inescapable cage of society that engaging with it outside of my existing rut makes me wish I was loving dead so I don't have to bother.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Taear posted:

Judging from the amount of people I've heard saying "I want us to just be out now why does it take two years" I doubt anything bad will happen to Tory polling during this.
And I live in a Remain area!

Has anyone asked these people if they've ever been involved in any kind of large scale project or if they know what the term 'lead time' means.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

We're in the age of social media; a swift and clear response is expected of every organisation and people are literally employed for this sole purpose. Upwards of six hours isn't excusable in TYOOL 2017.

I don't know if this has always been the turnaround time for Labour or if it's standard for any large political party, but we're beyond a time when it can take more than, like, an hour or two tops. Less, even.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Breath Ray posted:

Surely one could simply point to his current polling to dispel the haunting, unless his successor somehow manages to be worse.

Also it's irrelevant to how a new leader does, who would be better off having more time to put their stamp on the party.

So basically Pissflaps is a red Tory who wants to ensure the left dies on the altar of centre-right politics, which I'm sure is news to everyone in this thread.

• Locked thread