Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Pissflaps posted:

It'll take some time to recover from the damage he's done.

I agree, Labour is still damaged by the actions of Blair and Brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

The best British album ever made is 'Boy In Da Corner' by Dizzie Rascal imhozh

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I heard something on Radio 4 about Labour embracing patriotism and English nationalism, saying things like 'why should patriotism be left to the right?'... very concerning

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Taear posted:

I've heard a lot of stuff about Corbyn not supporting "The English" from people. I notice VERY few people around me refer to themselves as British now too, the same goes for when you're door knocking. It was definitely more of a thing in Stoke than in Copeland.

Dunno what you can really do about that. Nationalism is a disease. I've always considered myself European above all else so I guess my identity is buggered either way.

Yes, this is especially terrifying since things like facts, proof, evidence and living in reality doesn't matter to these people. In their minds 'anti English' sentiment is the most dominant form of prejudice in the UK, the government is trying to destroy 'English identity' and Corbyn is an English hating foreigner lover.

It feels like nothing you can do or say will disuade people from this nonsense...

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

What the IRA did is wrong but we killed far more many Irish, including children, during our occupation of Ireland. The fact that people in this country only care about the BRITISH victims (because only Brits matter) and won't acknowledge the criminal past of their country sickens me. Cunts, the lot of them.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

jBrereton posted:

You're presumably a British person who cares about all those involved, and I don't think you're that unique.

Of course not. It just makes me angry when people completely erase our countries violence in Ireland, that's all. Not to mention Unionist groups such as the UVF, funnily enough they don't seem to draw the same condemnation

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

forkboy84 posted:

Someone flying a plane into the Commons would at least save us the billions required to repair it.

Can't we just move the capital to Brum?

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

gently caress, this is just what I feared...

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Seaside Loafer posted:

loving great, thats that then innit, mega double down on all the everyone who isnt a british bulldog rhetoric forever. I actually hope they were the IRA

I've been worried about something like this since Trump was elected, I thought it would happen in America though, not here...

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Somebody on that twitter thread posted a picture of a woman in a hijab walking past with the caption 'Look whose not helping'.

I swear to God...

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

I've seen that come up a couple of times on facebook. Fortunately only because friends were replying to it calling them a dumbass and pointing out that if a medic is already attending, you're not a medic, and you haven't been asked to help, the correct thing to do is to walk on by and not stand around gawking or crowding them.

Good point. You could also point out the white guy with his hands in his pockets gawking and the white woman on her phone... I just feel sorry for her really, must be terrible to have your image used by dickheads like that.

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

McDragon posted:

also I haven't looked but I hope Piers Morgan is getting a lot of abuse on twitter today while he can't retaliate

What did he get banned for?

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

I'm In London and I pass through Stockwell frequently when I'm drunk and happy with my uni friends. It stuck me, especially considering the events on Wednesday, that Jean Charles De Menezes died there. He was a brown guy who died because the Met thought he was an Islamic terrorist. It is a sobering reminder that Muslims are not the only victim of Islamophobia.

Rest in peace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pantsuit
Oct 28, 2013

Brexit is a death cult at this point

• Locked thread