Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Regarde Aduck posted:

That she's seen as 'angry black women' isn't the problem. Well it is for some but I think the main issue is she seems like a terrible speaker. The few times I've seen her in a debate she gets verbally dominated.

Even when I agree with what she's saying, the way she puts her points across in interviews or in debates makes my toes curl. So much eye rolling and finger wagging. She is the Ann Widdecombe of the left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Get it up them imo.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

jabby posted:

So with the DUP reduced to 28 seats and that Traditional Voice guy with one, they still fall a seat short of launching a petition of concern.

Does this bode well for gay marriage/abortion rights in Northern Ireland, or are there other parties that would be happy to join a blocking motion?

There is one independent unionist (Claire Sugden) but she is 30 years old and in favour of gay marriage. She has not been shy about calling out the DUP on their deceit and sleaze. The TUV exists to be a thorn in the side of the DUP much like UKIP is to the tories in England so I wouldn't bet on Jim Allister making life easy for them

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

jBrereton posted:

Hopefully when direct rule happens HMG just tells everyone to gently caress off and gives NI the same abortion/gay rights laws as England.

I don't think that'd be a good idea. There was widespread rioting for several weeks here in 2012 because the days on which the flag is flown at Belfast City Hall was brought into line with the rest of the UK. There were protests and counter protests over a gay wedding cake on a regular basis for several years. :v:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

jBrereton posted:

Riot all you like. Rapists having more rights than women is unacceptable, and gay marriage is well and truly settled in the civilised world.

I share those opinions but I think you are quite rude and being a bit silly.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Something I am curious about is why so many people here pronounce Stormont as Stormount. I even heard MLAs calling it that. I haven't asked anyone in case it is yet another tradiyshun I am ignorant of.

Wheat Loaf posted:

I've twice (once on my way out of a job interview and the second time in Manchester, of all places) had people ask me if I was variously American or Canadian or if I'd lived there because of my accent and that's even more confusing. I don't get it.

I got this all the time when I lived in Scotland.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Well, I'm obliged to post this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxpYW_w5pgo

Just noticed he uses the term crocodile tears. Some things don't change :)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Arlene really needs to get herself a better PR adviser.

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

also transgender agenda has a nice ring to it

It doesn't when you pronounce all your Rs.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
That old man Jeremy Corbyn man too busy fiddling his taxes and spending all the money on tacky ornaments from Sinn Féin's online shop to be bothered to do his job, I oughtn't not to wonder, I shouldn't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

I really want to believe that Sinn Féin has a shop where you can buy genuine certificate of authenticity certified chunks of royal skull in a nice plastic presentation box.

They do have an online cyber-shop but they have taken down all the really tacky ornaments they used to sell on it. :( It used to be like an extremely dark St Patrick's day stall.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

MikeCrotch posted:

Meanwhile Alistair Heath in the Telegraph is screeching at a level that only dogs can hear:

:laugh:

It's funny in hindsight how self-assured Hammond seemed seemed about delivering the budget when people like this were evidently yelling "BOLSHEVISM!!!!!!" at their TV sets.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
We must fine the unemployed. :catstare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

winegums posted:

He's leagues more popular than Dugdale and right now the tories are backpedaling over their budget. He'd want to be on.

I should imagine he and that old man Jeremy Corbyn beardy man and Diane Abbott have gone out to an Irish pub to get drunk on alcohol and sing IRA songs. Sick days all around tomorrow, I shouldn't wonder!!!!!!

(all goons join us for Question Time weekly punishment in #ukgoons on synirc)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Gove really is conniving to the point of caricature.

Lord of the Llamas posted:

Writing a sectarian sounding article as NI tensions flare up. Well.

crispix fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 10, 2017

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Comrade Cheggorsky posted:

Britain shall endure by moving towards a parsnip based economy

NO!!! Turnips :mad:

Dead Goon posted:

Parsnips are great! Roast 'em with a drizzle of honey, mmmm, lovely!

This however is God's truth. Perhaps those of Her Majesty's subjects who are deemed to have toiled sufficiently may be rewarded with a sweetened parsnip on Independence Day.

crispix fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Mar 15, 2017

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
It is almost time for the asking of Questions! This week:

Caricature Tory from another century, New Labour woman with anaesthetic voice, smug SNP person of the week, journalism poo poo and Neanderthalensis Brexitus Tim Martin - all from the thrilling place of Bognor Regis.

All goons join us in #ukgoons (synirc) :beerpal:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Miftan posted:

How about Preston?

Yes. New Parliament will be housed in an additional 4 layers on top of the bus station that look exactly like the existing layers. Very same shade of grey.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Miftan posted:

Sure but we can build a huge clock next to it?

Only if it is v cheap and makes a fart noise instead of a chime. That is what we deserve as a bad, stupid and lovely country imo.

(I was in Preston once and the entire town centre smelled like school dinners.)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There will be cartoons with flags made from blood stains and tyre marks. It is bad that this has become so routine, now.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

namesake posted:

Back to pensions for a minute: I wonder if their gradually removal combined with social care collapsing and houseprices not will force 50 year olds to move back to their 80 year old parents house because neither will be able to live otherwise.

Not the end of the world but that'd be a hell of a psychological blow and collapse of the Thatcherite dream.

I think at some we will need an honest discussion about liberalising suicide tbh.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Regarde Aduck posted:

Lets not go there.

Sorry but I have already started my political movement. :colbert: We will be known by history as the Exitbaggers.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

I am the intravenous hangover piss.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Time was when you went on a nice holiday, had an affair or started a second degree with the Open University :(

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
All goons join us for our weekly misery in #ukgoons (synirc if you are a big 1990s SADDO with an IRC client on your home-computer!!!)

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 23, 2017

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Whatever happened to Gordon the Gopher?

Big name in the jazz-funk scene.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
A few years ago I saw an apprenticeship in glass collecting offered at a nightclub in town. It even gave the standard spiel about learning new skills and gaining confidence :thumbsup:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
We want to win elections, not arguments!!!!!!! Why don't you go and grow some vegetables with Gerry Adams, old windbag Jeremy CorBIN man!!!! :newlol:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Breath Ray posted:

Did you see the interview? Worth a look if not

I don't care to listen to him b/c he never even does knock-down ZINGERS like our Big Tone did!!!!!!! I rather suspect however that old man Jeremy Corbin man might possibly make an effective shadow energy minister for he is rather full of hot air!!!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

JFairfax posted:

question time on a monday?

Special BREXIT Question Time!!! We will be watchalonging in #ukgoons as usual. I'll chuck yas the deets layda :cool:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

JFairfax posted:

I can think of nothing worse than a special brexit themed question time.

You will LIKE your Brexit!!! Why aren't you feeling sovereign and proud?! It's as exciting as maybe THREE Wills and Kate royal babies at once and England reaching a semi-final in one of the televised sporting games!!! If any of you shits don't have street tea parties with bunting and miniature flags and Iceland finger food organised for Wednesday then I am ringing to report you as wrong 'uns :mad:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Special Brexit Question Time is on now! For an hour and a half!! And with SIX panelists!!!

Join us #ukgoons

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

jBrereton posted:

Fill a deliberate QT not watcher in if you please.

NO!!! You must watch it like the rest of us! Freeloading skiver right here trying to shirk their share of the misery how DARE YOU :mad:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I FEEL SO loving SOVEREIGN RIGHT NOW :sludgepal:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Goons join us in #ukgoons (synirc if you are a SAD WAZZOCK who likes IRC) for Question Time. It's in Carlisle and it's a right rowdy one!

it has these shits on

quote:

David Dimbleby chairs topical debate from Carlisle. On the panel are Ruth Davidson, Lisa Nandy, Paul Nuttall, Len McCluskey and the news editor of the IEA, Kate Andrews

crispix fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Guavanaut posted:

Is that what TimTam was trying with the gay frog chemicals thing?

Someone hacked his Twitter account to do one tweet in his style. :ssh:

• Locked thread