Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

big scary monsters posted:

Or just blow up the queue for airport security. All the same transport disruption, as well as hundreds of people all crowded into one space with nowhere to go and no screening whatsoever beyond a valid boarding pass...

Yeah that's always been the utterly obvious flaw in these checkpoints; they just move the people queuing further out of the protective layers of security and make them easier to attack.

Modern airport security is to protect the planes and things below the flightpath more than they are protecting passengers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Yeah not surprising really. All the actions by Blair, the Labour right and various other wealthy political backers are pretty much confirming my theory about British politics being primarily split into the nationalist right, the internationalist right (with a pro-EU base) and a rump social democratic/radical left with the drama of this realignment being centred around Labour. If Corbyn or an ideologically aligned successor remains in charge then they'll oversee a split and their MPs shrink massively to some new party phoenixing with the Lib Dems, if they're ousted then Labour will occupy the internationalist right slot and continue chasing the lead of the nationalist right.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

biglads posted:

Journos interviewing each other now in the absence of anything new to report.

Oh the plus side I've yet to hear anyone apart from Twitter dickheads making any actual accusations about motivations of the attackers, so that's a bit good.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

4 dead, 20+ injured from police statement. Seems like there were coppers on the bridge which is why it started there.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

JFairfax posted:

the quicker the UK pulls up the drawbridge, fills in the tunnel and gets out of europe the better

We'll still take ferries out to the rest of the world (not planes though lol) and post on the internet, there's no protecting the rest of world from us that easily.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Back to pensions for a minute: I wonder if their gradually removal combined with social care collapsing and houseprices not will force 50 year olds to move back to their 80 year old parents house because neither will be able to live otherwise.

Not the end of the world but that'd be a hell of a psychological blow and collapse of the Thatcherite dream.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Spend the money on karate lessons and a locksmith qualification + tools so when society collapses you can take the gold from other people.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

To be fair to media there are regular protests and often quite large ones, obviously there should be coverage that it happened but unless they're actually quite a militant group at the protest or are involving powerful groups who are close to actually achieving their aim then there isn't really much to report other than 'X0,000 people feel strongly about something.'

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

baka kaba posted:

by this standard it should be dominating the rolling news channels!

There's two kinds of nothing to report: those that feed into the editors biases about what's important and those which go against them. Guess which gets a reporter sent to it!

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Hoops posted:

The worst revisionism in the history of the UKMT is probably around Cleggmania tbh.

As one of the few posters remaining from that time I think it's fair to say that most of the people posting now weren't during the 2010 election so the body politic has actually changed..

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Pissflaps posted:

That EU march is on the BBC why do people pretend these things get no coverage ?

So you're an ex Green Party member who voted Lib Dem who joined the Labour Party for Jeremy Corbyn.

JC has that much needed cross party appeal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

TomViolence posted:

I mean you'd think it's an easy job, but then you don't factor in stuff like not having the necessary tact to stop yourself thoughtlessly, loudly and nonchalantly asking at each table if there's "any dead soldiers about" on the day Lee Rigby was killed or stuff like that.

Not that anybody would be dense enough to do that, of course...

:cripes:

Given them a medal imo. Unless it was to their family or something.

TinTower posted:

Bolting the stable door when the horse is halfway to China…

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/845896090599723008

Honestly there's been a lot of really poor decision making going on here but Labour have actually managed to get themselves into a good spot on Brexit. No one can criticise them for opposing the will of the British people but by setting conditions which mean little changes for the worse or being able to state for the next 2 years that they won't support the particulars of Brexit as it comes out they'll win a lot of support pretty much no matter what happens.

• Locked thread