Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

evobatman posted:

Isn't moonface and steroid jaw a thing? Usually Rumble has inwards cheeks, but in the Gus fight he looked like Dizzy Gillespie. Now after USADA, he looks like his old tale of the tape pics again.

Anything that messes with your fluid retention and cortisol can do that.

But never underestimate Rumble's ability to be a plain and simple fat piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Anderson is one of my main men, but Chael was Gastelum's coach and is taking a page directly from his coaches' playbook. "Shoot for the title or shoot for the easiest, highest paying fight possible."

That "Legend's rear end Whoopin' Tour" Gastelum mentioned was lifted directly from Chael in a cool way.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I still want to know when this forum started to give a poo poo about ranking decided by loving "industry insiders."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

fd would self quote himself at you, RIP

I just poured one out. Seeing as how I don't drink this was difficult. RIP Fatherdog.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Tsyni posted:

Isn't there some spergy "real" rankings somewhere?

Gonna have to be more specific. And yes, they all have Fedor at the top of every weight class.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Chael is completely self aware and pretty well thought. I heartily enjoy his product. Now let me tell you about True Car and underwear.

I'm sure he'll eventually define why but him leaving the UFC is still baffling to me. Dude is loyal.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Cool, post about it in the b league thread.

Oh Lordy Mod Keven is here. Hide your weed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Doesn't Jones still say Vitor hosed his arm way up?

Thinking that Jones nearly lost to Vitor through stupidity and CHAEL through having a broken toe is hysterical.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Hollandia posted:

Cannonier, Mr Finland

Pat Barry and Thug Rose have been traveling the country in a RV just dicking around and training. Them.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Like for real did you stop posting because you were frozen in ice and just thawed out and immediantly ran back to your computer to talk about all the hottest topics of four years ago.

Pretty much.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Johny is hitting Hord, real Hord again as well.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Chichevache posted:

Does Silva even make it past the first minute?

Yes. It's an interesting fight because even the ghost of Anderson has the ability to kill aggressive styles. Gastelum doesn't seem much for boring fights. It will be cool.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bubba Smith posted:

the only good outcome of Anderson vs Kelvin is if Anderson does somehow win he'll get the winner of Bisping vs GSP for the belt.

I just made a hard man in my pants.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bundt Cake posted:

anderson is weird

Could someone post the Brazilian commercial of him singing to a Burger King Burger? This is important.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[to the baseline of "stand by me"] gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector, gently caress off hector

I read that as "Take on Me" and was really having a hard time making that work in my brain hole.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

We're testing today
I don't know what
I'm to say I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for your piss, okay?

Holy gently caress

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Ditch posted:

They took me (they took me)
off TRT (off TRT)
I'll gas out
After minute two

The batting average is loving high today, folks.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Fanboyism aside, I feel like it's a true pick 'em fight. Ghost Silva is still scary in flashes and Gastelum is hyper aggressive.

Or Silva could do his party trick if Gastelum is willing and make it an unwatchable nothing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

Aggression does not mean easily countered these days.

True, but is anyone laser precise like Anderson outside of childweights?

Hey new folk, after Anderson had two or three lovely-ish fights he went on a punishment trip to 205. Watch him loving kill James Irvin and Forrest Griffin. You will not be disappointed.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Anderson is way out into doesn't give a gently caress about anything territory. This will make him either terrifying or mind numbing depending on that Lord God.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
So have we established what is fake yet? Where I live, we need an angry tiny big man to yell truths and lies into our faces.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

For a split second I thought Cormier was Wanderlei.

I'm a racist?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Is eastern philosophy why Travis Browne always looks like he is quantum leaping out of his body and back in again? Is he stuck in a Bardo or something?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

outy posted:

If you were unlucky enough to miss Marc Diakiese vs Teemu Packalen at the weekend:

https://oddshot.tv/s/QDtlAd

And I came across a 2 post thread on Reddit that made me laugh:

Oh my God.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

tim kennedy is 1 example

As the thread's pro-athlete, do you think the IV ban has much significance?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Nierbo posted:

I remember Shane Carwin was making a comeback. What became of that debacle?

I'm still down for that but I'm not sure how many successful engineers want to fight.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

A fighter who was last active in the UFC 5 years ago? (captains log ears perk up) I've got to let them know that he's got the one job more khakis than computer programmer, and that I think it's good.

:yells into the void of existence: Patrick Cote is awesome!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

sick adverbs

Says the guy with an AV of what shows up when you google "Old Timey Clarinet Playing rear end in a top hat."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I don't know what wad fighting is, but I feel like I'd be good at it.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

LobsterMobster posted:

please discuss Saad Awad and all Sad Wad fighting in the b league thread

An encyclopedic mic drop.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

She will murder Germain. Germaine. gMaine DeBrambleberry.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

GINA CARANO DUH

Thank you for emphatically typing that before I had to.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Everyone being tangentically related to Conor in some way as their claim to fame is confusing.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Hundred bucks for a lesson? Hell yeah.

Hundred bucks for an autograph? gently caress off.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I'd rather him not win, but getting underdog odds on Cain is loving incredible.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
I have a question posed by my Pops that I couldn't answer. What is the difference between USADA regulations (fighting, fencing, boxing, Olympics) and the testing that applies to major pro American sports (Football, basketball, baseball) ?

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

CommonShore posted:

To expand on Bluedeanie's point, in major pro American sports they basically hand you a calendar with "bring us a cup of pee" written on it in 16-week intervals. In other words, it's not real testing.

Perfect. My Pops was wondering why Tom Brady couldn't roid into a million year old football scarab. Looks like the answer is, "He and everyone else is sure trying."

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Football is the most roided out sport on earth

How dare you sully the name of XARM!

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

i cannot see bisping beating yoel but it would be cool as hell

Why do I live in a universe where I agree with this statement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Tyron isn't cool enough to have an iphone.

• Locked thread