Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Mark Hunt is racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

manyak posted:

Overeem is half white and Mark hunt is 100% non white so hes actually less racist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xIQmFk1ok0

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Dana White: [to Drew Dober and Jacob Volkmann] Now, our operation is small, but there's a lot of potential for "aggressive" expansion. So, which one of you fine gentlemen would like to stay in our promotion? Oh, there's only one spot open right now, so we're gonna have...
[breaks pool cue over knee]
Dana White: Tryouts.
[throws broken pool cue at the fighters]
Dana White: Make it fast.

The mandingo scene from Django unchained with Dana White as Candie.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Panama Red posted:

I have been barely following MMA for awhile but this poo poo with Maia missing out on a title shot pisses me off. Yeah rankings don't mean poo poo but he's 39, he's on a great streak, he beat Condit, give him a loving shot already.

Anyway that's my baby rant over

It's pretty bad.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

The Oscar Schindler scene from Schindler's List but it's Dana breaking down and crying that he could've signed more of the Northcutt family instead of buying Bibles carved in the shape of guns

Thanks for doing a better version of that joke.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Yeah how gratuitous of him to make a whole third of the plot revolve around head to head slave fighting and then show some of it

Thank you. Also to show how hosed up slavery was since the Northcutts of the world apparently don't know.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 2, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

He exists and goes by the name gleison tibau

Steroids and diuretics

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

Tony's habit of rolling out of body-locks and takedowns will either work brilliantly or get him into heaps of trouble and I really want to know which.

Trujillo did this a couple of times against Khabib and it worked. Then he kept trying it and got owned over and over.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
If Joey B doesn't get the title shot I'll be mad on line.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

EmmyOk posted:

It should be Wilson imo considering he was given one then DJ got hurt and Wilson got sent to the fightpass prelims instead.

Since April '14 Reis' best wins are against a declining Scott Jorgensen and Dustin Ortiz and he was soundly beaten by Formiga. Benavidez beat Ortiz, Cejudo, Tim Elliott, Bagautinov, Makovsky and Moraga in the same span of time. Reis has been beating bad fighters and isn't impressive when he does.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I think it'd be much better to move all the weight classes up 5 pounds.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

afatwhiteloaf posted:

Against Cerrone and Ferguson in 2015, but those where weeks in advance because of injuries. He's never had weight cutting problems before, maybe he just got the flu or something.

He missed weight against Trujillo

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Didn't he just start training again after some surgery?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
It's like when people blame the UFC for bad decisions.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Bunch of really dumb decisions in these fights.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Hahaha these fights are fantastic.

Edit: oops wrong thread.

While I'm at it I am mad about Joey B and Souza vs Whitaker is insanely my poo poo.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 5, 2017

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

JuanGoat posted:

Wow, what. When was Jacare vs Whittaker announced? I didn't hear anything about it, I just saw it show up when Mighty Mouse was announcing his next fight. That's a great fight, but I feel like it might be too soon for him to be taking on the upper echelon of the middleweight division. Won't be surprised if Jacare gets another 1st round sub.

Whittaker is good and if he can stay upright he'll probably knock Jacare out. If

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
And Wonderboy fought like a coward too. Neither of them did poo poo, that was godawful.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Noone can kill or be killed better than Overeem. He is heavyweight incarnate. The dude has had like 7 boring fights out of 100.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Could be because the other guy did even less than he did the whole fight and yet many fans are exclusively chanting "gently caress Woodley"

It is even more egregious for Thompson because the only way he was going to win was with volume and he did as little as possible the whole fight.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Fleeing in panic from a press conference is the pinnacle of professionalism.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

Professional fighter, not professional media masturbator. That's literally his point.

I don't care.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Put them both in a gi.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Gay Horney posted:

Did nobody really try to just sit back and counter against Cruz before the Garbrandt fight? I'd like to watch somebody else try it

The fighters who tried it failed very badly. Like, Faber in the third fight had the same plan as Cody but he just got owned round after round.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Work Friend Keven posted:

drat these guys sure love fried chicken haha. I wonder what else they love. Collared greens? Some kind of melon?

If they aren't fools, probably.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Rigel posted:

They said the fighters were lying and were proven wrong. That essentially proves the UFC had no clue what the fighters were making. If the UFC is pocketing most of the money, then that only supports my point even more because they got FAR less than they could have. The UFC would not have knowingly screwed themselves while negotiating with reebok.

This is my favorite part of the whole thing, the UFC played themselves because they wouldn't do the most basic amount of work.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Or they didn't care about the Reebok deal as long as it led to the sale. Zuffa seemed intent on getting uniforms. Like, in the short term, if you're trying to cash out for 4 billion dollars why worry about 70 million?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

Carlos Newton comes to mind, Captain Log.

Mark Kerr.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i didn't watch but agreed

I was hoping he'd get more work after the WEC merger but he is used really sparingly. I think that was his call too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Conor was obviously taking those fights so he wouldn't have to fight the Eagle.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Remember when that fan brought Evans a picture of Rashad face to sign?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Lol thank you.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I don't remember Okami leading but he is so one note and hittable that it didn't matter.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

bisping is also hittable, see 40 year old dan henderson smoking him twice with his only punch during bisping's best run of his career

He isn't as bad as Okami but I think it shows how much Silva has declined since he was champ.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

I.N.R.I posted:

everyone did, in this very thread

nope

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
The way Dillashaw fought in the 1st round of the 2nd Barao fight was kinda like Kelvin and he did leave the same kind of openings when he was exchanging. He fought mostly southpaw so maybe I'm just conflating the two. Dillashaw also throws way more kicks that end with him on his rear end.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I remember seeing a chart or graph of the best heavyweight boxing champions (multiple defenses, etc) throughout history and only two had reaches that were shorter than their height. It's the two most obvious boxers too.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

My study is that after Mayweather/Pacquiao Lennox Lewis looked directly into the camera and said "sometimes you just can't do anything to overcome a reach advantage" and his poo poo eating grin was so wide it was in danger of splitting his head in half

:8 rounds of Mike Tyson getting jabbed into oblivion:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

david carmichael posted:

There was a judo guy who posted about how bending the toes was the most devastating move in history. I must have confused you with him. Apologies

That's a different dude and I thought telisential or whatever was his rereg.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
That's when I started liking Frankie Edgar. Then he fought Bendo too many times.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
At least one of them had nothing to do with Manuwa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

chaleski posted:

They could buy Bellator tomorrow and bring any of the half-decent LHWs into the UFC and it would still be an absolute garbage fire and the worst division easily

e I forgot there's a W145 now, so second worst

Man I was about to lay down a scathing rant about how dumb you are then I noticed the W and relaxed.

• Locked thread