Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Does anyone think Woodley/Thompson II will play out any different?

i think woodley will win quickly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

I feel like the ufc has kind of given up all pretense of title matchups being sporting events instead of blatant business decisions, which sucks imo

its for the best

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

threeagainstfour posted:

Anyone get the fight pass survey?

One of the potential ideas they are asking if we would find interesting.

"“Lose and You’re Out” match-ups among fighters that are in the UFC, but with multiple consecutive losses; the winner keeps his/her UFC contract but the loser is cut from the UFC"

That pisses me off

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's kind of tacky but I don't see the problem really given that it's something the fighters/camps involved already know. & making two 0-2 guys fight each other for a spot is much better than making a 0-2 guy fight some mid level guy and being like well cya bud.

like i know the ufc doesnt have the best record for treating its athletes with any kind of dignity but i want them to move away from that kind of thing, not do more of it. theres always a possibility of losing your spot in any sport but turning that into a public spectacle for the sake a few pennies at the expense of both of the fighters involved, its just humiliating, on a human level.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
he seems like a good person to me

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Oi, guv, the world is round, innit, buddeh? The Queen sailed all the way 'round it, you dick.

aye, hes right like. she did

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think there's a Lightweight on earth who Khabib will have trouble getting down. I can see Ferguson getting up but he's probably getting dunked straight back down.

Ferguson lighting Khabib up in between takedowns and scoring a TKO is incredibly possible and this fight will be great.

probably .. i think the strength difference is too big

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

I hope he just accidentally left his wallet there 3 times

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
before the weigh ins covers a period of approx. 14 billion years. edit i thought it said he went to the hospital 3 times instead of 3 hours. i hope he finds his wallet in time for the weigh ins then

I.N.R.I fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 3, 2017

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rigel posted:

Helwani is reporting from 1 source that the reason Khabib went to the hospital is not related to his weight cut.

how can it not be. unless a piano fell out of the sky or something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Gay Horney posted:

khabib has AKAids

i doubt its an injury unless he was literally doing hard training the night before competition

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
Getting reports on line that Khabib has just now showed up and weighed in at 69lbs

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Rigel posted:

10 minutes. If Khabib isn't in or near the building right now, he won't make it.

depends how fast hes moving .. for example if he was moving at 600mph or even he could probably easily make it from miles away

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
cant they just let him weigh in late as long as hes ok? im sure theyve done it at least once before

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[mike goldberg voice] KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV REMAINS UNDEFEATED!!!

He would have won anyway :troll:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

I haven't watched a live card in months and was setting time aside for this one, so I'm pretty sure this is my fault :(

theres other fights

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i personally think its time for a crusade against letting fighters cut too much weight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Auron posted:

If he fought two times a year, whatever, but he averages far less than two fights a year and pulls out left and right. Its not good, its bad.

Also Mark Hunt is a moron and I hope Overeem punches his stupid face in so he'll at least temporarily shut the gently caress up about steroids.

Take a chill pill

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Le Saboteur posted:

Sounds like Michael Johnson could be stepping in on short notice. https://twitter.com/FollowTheMenace

johnsons like a good striker isnt he? could b fun

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

willie_dee posted:

The dude has a legit point about fighting people who constantly test positive, including the downright corrupt treatment Brock got in being allowed to compete with a no testing window before hand clause because he signed last minute special circumstances rule. I would be mad as hell as well if I went through some of the wars that he has done only to find out they would of been walk in the parks had the other guy not been cheating and the UFC had not done enough to protect me from that unfair brain damage. Overeem was blatantly roiding, so Mark Hunt has a legit beef.

agreed. which is why i forgive father dog for ducking you

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

Legit devastated. And gently caress a Johnson fight when Lando is right there.

Good news ... lando is fighting in ufc 209

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

NeatHeteroDude posted:

does fatherdog not post anymore?

not since willie dee challenged him to chessboxing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

Donna, from the travel department, books every flight to arrive at the same time always and on the same day. Which is convenient, because los Vegas,where all fights happen, only has one arrival time.

the next interim title fight will be between boeing 707s 055 and 072 for the right to land first on runway 2 *donna from the travel department makes some wooshing sounds and smashes a couple of toy planes into eachother a bit*

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

Both jets would pop hot for toxic airplane water so it'd be a no contest anyway

i think i heard eddy bravo say something about that on Joe Rogen

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

Both gsp and bisping own

agreed.. i became a fan of bisping after his fight with silva, which he lost.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

DoombatINC posted:

Tyron Woodley is the human equivalent of a wedge type Battlebot

agreed .. but only if they do the flippy thing every so often. yall remmeber that one that was like a huge block of cheese that sent stuff flying like 20ft in the air

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dan Didio posted:

Woodley would spark Conor.
true. hes going to be champion forever like barao ftw. anyway i like him and barao so i dont mind. i think flawed fighters who make it work at the highest level are cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Sprecherscrow posted:

There were three of them in three different weight classes. Toro, T-Minus, and El Matador.

the one im thinking of was called Wheely big cheese

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmzEvuLZdmE

found it . doesnt really look like cheese but i suppose its yellow. anyway that thing is woodley, and GSP is avoiding fighting him at welterweight due to flip envy

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Detroit_Dogg posted:

How bad was the title fight

It was really good

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Kilometers Davis posted:

Didn't see this posted. Hunt broke his tibia. I didn't watch the fight but saw the pictures and putting it all together it makes me feel really uneasy and squeamish.

thats going to put him out of training for months

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

If gastellum gets past vitor, will Dana let him back to ww?

u mean like, in a stairwell or cramped corridor?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
on the other hand, fighters have their livelihoods to think about

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
additionally i would say that the fighters who choose to have a professional face are actually being themselves

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Zzulu posted:

The ones with the best livelihoods are the ones who aren't giving canned responses tho

Conor and Ronda is the best example

true although they are both still fronting in their own way. but at the same time they were toned right down before they blew up. most fighters, even ranked ones, dont have the financial or job security like those guys do

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

ICHIBAHN posted:

Conor toned down? What when he turned up to that press conference in the fur, or when throwing cans at nate diaz? Wtf

neither

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

david carmichael posted:

jon jones rules, and is the best

i liked the way he got out of vitors arm bar

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tumor looking batty posted:

Was the Rory fight good to watch? I can't remember.

it wasnt very memorable. it was basically a point fight

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://www.facebook.com/RothwellFighter/posts/1237081773008125

weird that all these steroid users have legitimate medical issues that they forget to tell anybody about until test positive

true. its a proud tradition

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Trast posted:

Who posted the list of best PED excuses? It's been awhile and could probably use updating.

the best ones turned out to be legitimate. in cycling there was an australian guy who tested positive cos the chemist who capped his (actual) medication was handling banned substances before. and there was a guy who ate beef in china and tested positive for clenbuterol cos they inject cows with it over there to make them bigger. frank mir tried that excuse with kangaroo meat but they dont actually farm kangaroos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
they murdered the dog for the lulz because its name was Spike

• Locked thread