Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Eddie Bravo could beat Michael Bisping.

Which is going to make it even funnier when Silva, 2016 Henderson, and GSP can't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Patrick Spens posted:

Gone now, what did it say?

He didn't know what the Onion was and treated it as legit

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Khabib will likely retire next year, according to his dad

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tsyni posted:

His manager said on the MMA hour that the retirement thing is complete BS and went off on the journalist who reported it, calling him a POS etc.

Yeah, for reference this is different from his dad saying he's done sometime next year. Some journalist basically said because that was said before this weight situation, it exacerbated Khabib's feelings on sticking around and quitting could happen this year, which barring something incredible is absolutely not the case, according to his manager and his dad.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

*gets freed from ice, checks UFC.com, sees Michael Bisping listed as champ* god is good

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

i believe emphatically that kelvin is underrated, by and large. i just think this is an awful match up for silva. it's been proven time and time again that if you have good footwork, and offensive / defensive striking, you can beat silva up / knock him out. if silva is worried about your wrestling, you can basically punch him in the face with impunity. kelvin / silva will look like weidman / silva.

1 or 2, because I really don't want to see an old man break his own leg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Captain Log posted:

Could someone post the Brazilian commercial of him singing to a Burger King Burger? This is important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOiq3N1HY6s

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

vainman posted:

chael is the most mentioned fighter in this thread and he has been dead for years

I miss the days when it was Fedor, a man never employed by the company

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/844679084038918151

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CommonShore posted:

What were these offending comments that have Rockhold willing to get himself killed?

Called Rockhold a bitch and said he popped champagne when Bisping KO'd him

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'd be pretty confident in an 800,002 year old Kawajiri beating BJ Penn

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nierbo posted:

I remember Shane Carwin was making a comeback. What became of that debacle?

Signed with Rizin, tried to debut on the Dec 29 card but later withdrew

Also

quote:

On October 15, 2016, Carwin participated in a boxing exhibition match against professional skateboarder Jason Ellis at EllisMania 13. Per the unique rules, Carwin literally had one of his arms duct-taped to his body to box Ellis. He won the bout via knockout in the second round.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/THEREALMAYORGA/status/819714317029429252

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ariel says after tonight's Bellator fight, Rampage's contract says his next fight must be in UFC

Put him against Mark Hunt, Dana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

red19fire posted:

His contract with Bellator? I thought he cut ties with the UFC completely? Or did he get like a furlough from UFC to fight in Bellator? Or does he have like a cyborg-style contract where he gets subsidized to fight in b-leagues?

He signed with Bellator in 2013 and fought three times including a win over King Mo

After that he signed with UFC (end of 2014) and beat Maldonado while a lawsuit was going on (Bellator saying he still had a fight on his deal)

This was that fight and he's now contractually obligated to fight in UFC next if he has any more fights left in him

• Locked thread