Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
fighters paint htemselves into enough of a corner without the ufc having to do it for them. i really hope that the ufc does not start trying to cater to the fans by treating the fighters like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

This is the real reason neither Diaz is returning phone calls. Why go fight in a cage when you can just sell weed branded after yourself? Fuuuuuuck this is so good. Will post a trip report hopefully this weekend.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I'm extremely up set I bought tickets pretty much for this comain

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
khabib has AKAids

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I hope Khabib gets well soon and I also hope he dies for doing this to me.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Rigel posted:

Dana White said that Khabib's team probably could have saved the fight, but they hosed up.

that is really such a loving shame

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

TheKingslayer posted:

Has it come out exactly what Khabib was in the hospital for?

courage and warriors spirit

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
our current timeline is one where bisping GSP is happening and khabib ferguson is not.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Julio Cruz posted:

If you want to see Chael mentally breaking watch the two fights he lost by submission to Jeremy Horn.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Did nobody really try to just sit back and counter against Cruz before the Garbrandt fight? I'd like to watch somebody else try it

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

the possibility of a sober, non-roiding Jones

This isn't loving Candyland. This is the real world. Mixed martial arts. Real fights on planet earth. Cut it out with this poo poo.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Kekekela posted:

Wasn't Mark Hunt unironically on something like this? Like he was still gonna get combo meals, just not supersize them?

Hendricks talked about how he was on a diet plan where he could still go to whataburger and just not get the fries and be fine, don't remember if he missed weight 2 or 3 times in a row after that.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

LobsterMobster posted:

I love the time BJ says his weight is too low, so he gets a teriyaki burger in addition to his egg and rice breakfast or whatever he normally ordered.

I like the time where Khabib says life is short so he's going to eat the tiramisu first

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

JaySB posted:

My Willie_Dee level source tells me that Mayweather/McGregror is actually gonna happen.

Mayweather knows Conor doesnt actually want to do it and is tired of Conor running his mouth and using Floyd's name. That's all Conor is doing--literally just using Floyd's name to stay relevant. Mayweather is tired of talking about it and is just going gently caress you shut up and sign the poo poo or keep my name outcha mouth. Or so my source says

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Ratios and Tendency posted:

lol what. Conor would make megabucks with literally no downside, of course he wants the fight.

I want to fight Floyd for millions of dollars too but that does not mean it's going to happen

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah I get the knockout bit, but from what I can tell the poo poo talk isn't even creative or funny. Like, I haven't found any examples of him being clever instead of just really loud. Obviously trying to figure it out in retrospect is very different from being there at the time, though.

E MAKES ANIMAL BALLOONS WITH THE LEFT HAND AND MAKES A FIST WITH THE RIGHT HAND or whatever he said was pretty good. Red Panty Night also good and became a meme. His fake apology was amazing, and his response to the question about what he's gonna do with his belts was incredible too. He is creative in the cage and out

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
anderson has had little sparks of brilliance in all of his fights lately. yall are forgetting that kelvin is slow and fat. silva r2 KO

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
thread apparently doesn't know about anderson's silva's decisive win over future welterweight champion Damian Maia

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

woozy pawsies posted:

reach beats strength
speed beats reach
strength beats speed

what about toimin?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Memento posted:

Did I just see that BJ Penn is fighting again?

he is scheduled to appear in the octagon against dennis siver, so I'm really not too worried for his safety

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

threeagainstfour posted:

My assumption would be that they hoped that fight would have played out more like Browne vs Lewis, wherein Lewis savagely KOs a guy within 2 rounds.

Instead it was four brutally boring rounds until Lewis eventually got the guy on the ground and savagely knocked him out.

sick adverbs

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I don't want to overstate my case or anything but I have the best avatar on the forums and it's really not even close.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
it would be loving idiotic if we told football players, with all the injuries and insane impact and conditioning that they go through, that they could not use whatever substances possible to recover and help their body. but i feel the same way about usada telling silva he couldn't use those substances to recover from his leg injury as well.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
GSP vs jacare would be cool as hell to watch I think. But the only real MW fight for him is obviously nick Diaz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

I'd watch that fuckin fight for drat but let's see codey beat tj first

• Locked thread