Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Her post title sample is too small but I get what you're saying.

Sure its only one (or two?) fights but everything else has been far notable in terms of a flame out. Losing movie deals, her mom making GBS threads all over her and her coaching staff etc.

Like when PVZ said she got screamed at by Ronda for saying "Congrats to Holly Holm" for Holly winning a fight, somehow that meant PVZ hated Ronda in Ronda's mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Unfunny Poster posted:

Sure its only one (or two?) fights but everything else has been far notable in terms of a flame out. Losing movie deals, her mom making GBS threads all over her and her coaching staff etc.

Like when PVZ said she got screamed at by Ronda for saying "Congrats to Holly Holm" for Holly winning a fight, somehow that meant PVZ hated Ronda in Ronda's mind.

Ronda is pretty weird because I think she sure as gently caress could still be a champ but everything related to her competing makes her literally psychotic.

She is pretty high up the list, but not in Big Rigg territory.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Chris James 2 posted:

Khabib will likely retire next year, according to his dad

better give him the title shot right away then

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hey bud your word document is in the other window

whoa brutal

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The idea of Khabib retiring instead of being one of those 50+ fights workrate beasts down the road is depressing as gently caress but y'know for your health

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it would take khabib 100 years to get 50 fights under his belt

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
4/1/18: Khabib retires

4/2/18: Khabib tweets that the sport of MMA is afraid of him, refusing to fight him.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

jay z's sedan posted:

Cody brings a small child into the ring with him after every fight then ritualistically murders them and eats their liver and genitals.

Cody "darken rahl" garbrandt

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Skip My Posts posted:

it would take khabib 100 years to get 50 fights under his belt

Thus embracing my fantasy of watching ancient Russians punch each other into dust

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Log posted:

Ronda is pretty weird because I think she sure as gently caress could still be a champ but everything related to her competing makes her literally psychotic.

She is pretty high up the list, but not in Big Rigg territory.

Nor is she close to her beau, Travis Browne, in terms of floundering I guess.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please

Marching Powder posted:

Lol

Re gsp on early cuts: don't the stats show that poo poo loads of people are missing weight since its implementation? If people are missing weight more it stands to reason that they're pushing themselves into dangerous territory more even though it makes no sense in my brain.

It's more likely down to the IV ban and whatever else was used that USADA's involvement has curbed.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Nibbles! posted:

It's more likely down to the IV ban and whatever else was used that USADA's involvement has curbed.

This misconception still comes up a lot so I guess it bears repeating. IVs don't help you cut weight, and in fact would make it impossible to effectively cut weight because the whole point of a saline IV drip is to rehydrate you way faster than simply drinking water. IVs were used after hard weight cuts to rehydrate quickly so fighters would frel better by fight time, and were banned for reasons unrelated to weight cutting: the saline solution in an IV flushes your system out and can be used to mask PED use from drug tests, so that is why they are banned.

So if a fighter post-IV ban is still making weight but suddenly looks way slower, weaker and more tired in their fights, the IV ban was possibly the reason why. If a fighter instantly can't make weight and constantly looks shittier than usual at weigh ins post-USADA, the culprit is more likely a diuretic they were taking that they feel they can't get away with under USADA, (or possibly just the effects of age and time making it harder to cut weight.)

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
People would use IVs to help mask the use of diuretics

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

IVs don't help you cut weight,
IVs were used after hard weight cuts to rehydrate quickly so fighters would frel better by fight time

I would consider that a form of aid in the overall process. If you know you have the IV to help bounce back, you can proceed with the cut differently.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

I would consider that a form of aid in the overall process. If you know you have the IV to help bounce back, you can proceed with the cut differently.

for sure but he's right it's not gonna help you cut much more weight

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

My Willie_Dee level source tells me that Mayweather/McGregror is actually gonna happen.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JaySB posted:

My Willie_Dee level source tells me that Mayweather/McGregror is actually gonna happen.

its gonna take place on Twitter

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

JaySB posted:

Mayweather knows Conor doesnt actually want to do it and is tired of Conor running his mouth and using Floyd's name. That's all Conor is doing--literally just using Floyd's name to stay relevant. Mayweather is tired of talking about it and is just going gently caress you shut up and sign the poo poo or keep my name outcha mouth. Or so my source says

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
My source says GSP is gay

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Gay Horney posted:

Mayweather knows Conor doesnt actually want to do it and is tired of Conor running his mouth and using Floyd's name. That's all Conor is doing--literally just using Floyd's name to stay relevant. Mayweather is tired of talking about it and is just going gently caress you shut up and sign the poo poo or keep my name outcha mouth. Or so my source says

lol what. Conor would make megabucks with literally no downside, of course he wants the fight.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

Ratios and Tendency posted:

lol what. Conor would make megabucks with literally no downside, of course he wants the fight.

I want to fight Floyd for millions of dollars too but that does not mean it's going to happen

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Gay Horney posted:

I want to fight Floyd for millions of dollars too but that does not mean it's going to happen

So do you think Conor wants the fight or not? :confused:

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Ratios and Tendency posted:

So do you think Conor wants the fight or not? :confused:

Do I think Conor wants to fight someone who no one is expecting him to beat for guaranteed 8-figures?

Yes.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
So if Khabib retires early does that get chalked up to AKA grinding another talent into the dirt well before their prime?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Just realized Francisco Trinaldo is on an 8 fight win streak at light weight and is some how not ranked. That's kind of crazy.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Le Saboteur posted:

Just realized Francisco Trinaldo is on an 8 fight win streak at light weight and is some how not ranked. That's kind of crazy.

That's fine

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Trast posted:

So if Khabib retires early does that get chalked up to AKA grinding another talent into the dirt well before their prime?

His manager said on the MMA hour that the retirement thing is complete BS and went off on the journalist who reported it, calling him a POS etc.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tsyni posted:

His manager said on the MMA hour that the retirement thing is complete BS and went off on the journalist who reported it, calling him a POS etc.

Yeah, for reference this is different from his dad saying he's done sometime next year. Some journalist basically said because that was said before this weight situation, it exacerbated Khabib's feelings on sticking around and quitting could happen this year, which barring something incredible is absolutely not the case, according to his manager and his dad.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Tsyni posted:

Ali is only second to Dana in "dont believe his lies" p4p rankings

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Mayweather announced he is out of retirement for a fight with McGregor and calling for the fight in June.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
No, he isn't.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Nibbles! posted:

Mayweather announced he is out of retirement for a fight with McGregor and calling for the fight in June.

jay nailed it.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

In INCREDIBLY Skip Bayless voice: Floyd Mayweather has NEVER faced a boxer like The Notorious One.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I've been starting to think I stroked out a year ago and everything since has been my death dream, thanks for the affirmation

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

DoombatINC posted:

I've been starting to think I stroked out a year ago and everything since has been my death dream, thanks for the affirmation

That's roughly been my past five years. I think we are both here, though.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/840791903847235587

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tonight's UFC Fight Night was pretty good.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I honestly hope Khabib loses the title shot until he shows up to a fight.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Unfunny Poster posted:

Tonight's UFC Fight Night was pretty good.

I really enjoyed the end of that Shogun/Villante fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

kensei posted:

I honestly hope Khabib loses the title shot until he shows up to a fight.

Yeah he set his cause back a fair way by loving up his cut.

edit: I mean, we don't actually know for sure he was hospitalised from weight cutting.

Memento fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Mar 12, 2017

• Locked thread