Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

triple post i don't give a gently caress this is the greatest interview answer of all time http://www.infinitelooper.com/?v=rFXithciUEc&p=n#/7;18

Wiping his nose at the end is the best part

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

Maybe a matchup where their families are held hostage and only the winner's are released

"Now just before this fight Birchak was telling me his wife recently got the all clear from her doct- and he tapped. Such a shame to see"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Remember when he nearly died against Shoeface and then won :unsmith:

https://twitter.com/TheBMartin/status/837418276699299840

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If Joey B doesn't get the title shot I'll be mad on line.

It should be Wilson imo considering he was given one then DJ got hurt and Wilson got sent to the fightpass prelims instead.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Rigel posted:

About half his fights as champion are on free TV. He's probably on the UFC's informal list of "can get ratings and can co-main a PPV, but can't sell a PPV" fighters. The Diaz brothers were on that list too until they realized it was probably bullshit. The UFC is also obligated under their FOX contract to deliver a certain number every year in ratings, so if Mighty Mouse is somehow on board with headlining a FOX card, the UFC would like to do it.

He used to love fighting on FOX because it had higher views than PPV and he made more money from Xbox sponsorship than points.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

NeatHeteroDude posted:

haha

i agree with this. Honestly aren't the benefits of early weigh ins outweighing any like 9 hour bullshit difference

I think it takes some thing like 48 hours to full rehydrate so 9 hours is actually a pretty significant portion of time.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

manyak posted:

Yeah thats a reason in favor of the new weighin rules though

Ah I misread the original post as early weighins being bullshit, I'm so embarrassed :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i wouldn't do that unless i was compensated and fighters now have to pay for fightpass

yeah plus if you really want to be ready as replacement that would realistically mean a camp and a good chunk of time not looking for an actual fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Teymur owns and I'm excited for both his and Lando's futures.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

if those two people fought a hundred times they'd each win 40 split decisions and would share 10 draws and the only way you'd be able to tell the fights apart would be the sponsors on the mat and maybe the type and quantity of trash in the cage (additional to the 340lbs that has to be in there). it was the most unnecessary rematch i've ever seen in my life except for maybe jacare / camozzi and at least that was an emergency replacement.

Jacaré beating his time trial ghost was infinitely more fun.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

They gently caress each other's wives and make computer Jokes to blow off steam they're generally cool, normal guys.

Plus they have chairs specifically to correct posture, they have everything fighters don't.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Though the last few UFC posters have been incredibly lazy :effort: attempts those bosslogic fan posters are disgusting messes.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I think most people would be far more interested in Rumble/Jones than Jones/DC2 tbh.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Skip My Posts posted:

Frankie vs yair at 211. Cool fight

I think Yair is really going to struggle with someone who he can't hit with something crazy and wild and is forced to rely on fundamentals. Cool as hell fight.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Soothing Vapors posted:

thank you for this gift

Rashad's fake shopping channel album is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7OBMRFNcHw

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Notes of fight night 107

-theres only one wmma fight and it's the first fight on fightpass
-thus is Joe Duffy last fight on his contract, so a win vs reza madadi is very important
-reza madadi got arrested for burglarizing a purse store
-brad Picketts retirement fight
-Oluwale "The Holy War Angel" Bamgbose is fighting
-THWA posted this on Twitter right before Lyman Good popped
https://mobile.twitter.com/holywarangelmma/status/790651228300644356

I really like Duffy and hope he wins. He's always looked good even in that Poirier fight where he got destroyed in Rd 2. I liked in the Jake Lindsay fight when he wobbled him with the head kick he didn't rush in he just crumpled him with vicious body shots.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

Do you consider rockhold to have a style?

Yeah basically. It's not like say a strong wrestler vs someone with bad wrestling etc. Before the fight there was no obvious elements of the fight you could point to and say it'd give one of them an edge for sure. Even in the fight I felt like it all came down to that egregious wheel kick rather than Rockhold implementing a better plan.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

When Corey went down I was surprised Manuwa didn't follow him to the ground because it didn't look that hard at first. Great call though, dude was brain dead.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I didn't see the slowmo afterwards and it was very fast but I didn't realise he had been ragdolled. The UFC have the KO up on twitter but it won't load for me to watch :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

heck yeah

https://twitter.com/KoreanZombieMMA/status/843860984288632832

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

i still maintain that he was regaining control of the rockhold fight before he threw the world's most inadvisable kick and then received a death knee from yoel romero. i'd argue that he's less on a downward spiral and more fought two insanely good fighters and things didn't go his way, but conceivably could have, and i'd give him 50% chance in a rematch against either of them no doubt.

Yeah I thought he was going to slowly take control of that fight that round and just grind out the win. I have no idea what that kick was about :saddowns:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

...and the pitch! posted:

Oh. Duh. Rockhold is skipping LHW because he thinks he would of course have to face up with (and probably beat up) his friend DC.

I don't know that I'm right but if I am it's pretty funny.

He doesn't seem worried about meeting Cain on his way through HW I guess

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Triticum Guzzler posted:

rockhold got mad at someone for minor meathead reasons, he's not fighting at heavyweight and he doesn't have a deeply considered plan revolving around gym politics to do so

I don't really think it's a dining philosphers problem for choosing a weightclass but I wouldn't be surprised if he went up to HW. MW seems to be a bit of a logjam atm and full of killers at the top.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

If you can't beat Joseph Benavidez you won't beat Mighty Mouse. I don't know why they're giving this kind of fight to Nguyen but maybe he was the only one who would accept the fight (featherweight is shook).

I'm glad they are though as opposed to rushing everyone to MM as quickly as possible. Even if (and likely will) he loses to Joe B it'll be great fight experience for him.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I wish they'd do 5 rounders though.

Could not agree more.

"Let's have Derrick Lewis against the no. 15 HW headline a show but bury top flyweights on the fightpass prelims"

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

No I mean when like two months ago derrick lewis fought against some dude no one knows as a headline.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Nierbo posted:

JDS is the best.

:kimchi:

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

“I want everyone to say ‘who the hell is this guy',"

Mission accomplised, my Russian friend.

lol

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

willie_dee posted:

Is he even in Ireland at the moment or has one of his cronies borrowed his car and gotten it compounded?

Going by his social media he's been home for his nephew's christening so he got it clamped himself.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

IMO Cody fought the perfect fight against Dom and looked amazing but it's worth remembering that was totally different from pretty much every other fight he had up until them and he's like the third protege of a team that's been obsessed with beating Dom for years. I'm not saying he's bad just that we have no idea how good he is really yet imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Yeah I definitely think he's insanely sick and is going to prove to be really top shelf. I'm totally down with him fighting DJ tbh or TJ fighting DJ, I don't really care about belts anymore tbh just awesome fights.

• Locked thread