Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I love watching dodson fight, he uses cool kicks and also is super accurate so I'm looking forward to that card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

like i know the ufc doesnt have the best record for treating its athletes with any kind of dignity but i want them to move away from that kind of thing, not do more of it. theres always a possibility of losing your spot in any sport but turning that into a public spectacle for the sake a few pennies at the expense of both of the fighters involved, its just humiliating, on a human level.

I would sure hate to have to be the guy who gets cut after being ko'ed.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

empty whippet box posted:

I dislike tony ferguson more every time I see or hear him talk, he is seriously obnoxious as gently caress.

wicked d'arce though

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

dad kelly ftw

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Tsyni posted:

So glad that Judo Dad Dan K got the victory. What a beast.

Matoi Ryuko posted:

dad kelly ftw

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Georges is very impressed

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

anthony "rumble" johnson will have an 8 foot height advantage and a 7,000 pound weight advantage going into this fight

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

the ufc just isn't the same without fighters like condom depot and safeauto (can't remember their real names)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

https://streamable.com/p1rkz

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Chas Skelly is fighting jason knight at 211

chas skelly, if you're unfamiliar, is this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrGijYYaodU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

outy posted:

He said it's because his body just isn't what it used to be.

Yeah, no poo poo you cheating oval office.

jesus

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Like, I love anderson silva, and I dont think this fight should happen because I don't want him to die, but I'm pretty sure that's what would happen though.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

JaySB posted:

I'm putting together an interview series for YouTube. What fighters would you most like to see interviewed?

Ryan hall and lando vannatta

edit: and also oleksiy oliynyk

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bluedeanie posted:

Cody the Pfist Pfister

I heard he was starting his own mma promotion

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

willie_dee posted:

I messaged you on twitter about coming on the podcast, you didn't reply.

at least buy him a drink first

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Did Cain break his spine or is it still a mystery?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

there's only two types of cain, cain with a broken spine or cain about to break his spine

Deep-sea spine-free cain ftw

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Did struve have heart surgery recently?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Nierbo posted:

Whens the last time DC pulled out of a fight?

Against jones last year

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

El Roncho posted:

It's weird that Jimi Manuwa is just recently looking like the KO artist people claimed he was at first.

It's not that weird for people to recognize potential. Jordan Mein was cut but he's still got the potential to be a great figher. Maybe get a new coach though. :sweatdrop:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Many fighters, jon jones for example, are judged based on effective crippling, as opposed to striking.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

make rockhold fight JDS lol

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

if someones career is hung on whether they can cut an extra 5 or 10 lbs then they were doomed from the start

ah, so you've heard of khabib nurmagomedov

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Mr. Nice! posted:

Why is BJ Penn being allowed to step into the cage again after his last two performances? Does Oklahoma have a real athletic commission that sanctioned this or are they as bad as Texas?

Yair beat his rear end but it isn't like BJ has forgotten jiu-jitsu, if he can get on someone, he still has a good chance of winning.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

youre nuts

He did try and take yair down when he had him against the cage...I don't think BJ is as washed up as yair made him look.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

youre nuts

i do not deny this allegation

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

bjs basically got a punchers chance now, and a little extra from his RNC if his punchers chance only sorta works

Hell if it can still get him paid, more power to him.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Bundt Cake posted:

bjs basically got a punchers chance now, and a little extra from his RNC if his punchers chance only sorta works

i didnt even watch the yair fight. i cant really watch BJ fight anymore. I get the creeps from it (also shogun)

Shogun's fight against villante a week ago was awesome as hell, check it out.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm tired of watching hunt lose!! Kick his rear end mark!! I just watched Teymur/Vannata and now I would like to see Teymur fight Yair, and then maybe the winner could fight barboza.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

CommonShore posted:

Yair is in a lower weight class

oh, my bad. I thought he wad fighting at lightweight. :sweatdrop:

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Eat This Glob posted:

The wad fighting champion is at bantamweight

i bit my tongue, u see. ;-)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Every jon jones takedown:

https://streamable.com/bhyon

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Work Friend Keven posted:

5 years of sick rear end suplexes and judo poo poo & then showing off how much weight he can lift against osp lol.

jon jones to DC: i'm back and ready to throw fat dudes

LobsterMobster posted:

missing the epic o-smashi-chevy he had against victoria sonnenberg

*a bunch of jon jones takedowns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Memento posted:

Need some April thread titles, I'm not doing the one about "the negro" from up the thread.

UFC April - You can't "rush" georges st. pierre

• Locked thread