Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I'm sure they only negotiated with reebok and did no due diligence to see what their market was like, then turned it around and sold it for 4 billion in the same manner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
They did care about it and made extra revenue which added to the 4 billion valuation

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
There's huge variables that make what each fighter was receiving from sponsorships not indicative of what the company will receive in a deal, like Keven said in a much funnier way.

Skip My Posts fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 9, 2017

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DeimosRising posted:

No one here knows anything about what was actually going on but do you think it's like, impossible for a successful corporation to gently caress up and make a bad decision? Pollyanna Capitalism is a new one for me

Not at all. Big successful companies gently caress stuff up all the time

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
life is short why spend it fighting with people all the time? - Khabib

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
https://cdn-w1.streamable.com/video/mp4/jlnc.mp4?token=1490296992_ce58e7f27fb1b93710fc98c7fb059890c4b11fbd

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

https://twitter.com/UFCFightPass/status/840041605859954688

Can someone tell me how robust the library is and what the commentary situation is like. Thank you.

drat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

That's a shame. There's some great shows there so it's a great bonus for people who already have fight pass but if they could navigate all the rights bullshit and get a more complete library I'd register at light speed

same

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Hey bud your word document is in the other window

whoa brutal

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it would take khabib 100 years to get 50 fights under his belt

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

I would consider that a form of aid in the overall process. If you know you have the IV to help bounce back, you can proceed with the cut differently.

for sure but he's right it's not gonna help you cut much more weight

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
still watching that barboza knee on loop, amazing finish

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

manyak posted:

We need fewer guys fighting anyone on short notice in whatever weightclass and never pulling out of fights. And more guys saying "My brother Bilou he have a retardation" on social media and then pulling out of a fight with Darel Horcher 15 times

lmao

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Remember when that fan brought Evans a picture of Rashad face to sign?

racist

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
it would be interesting to hear from mighty mouse's girlfriend, or maybe shoot for the stars and interview conor mcgregor's girlfriend

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DeimosRising posted:

I was out of the sport while he got popular and now that I'm paying attention again I watched some videos to try and understand his insane popularity and idgi

He talks a ton of poo poo to absolutely everyone including the UFC, has an entire country behind him and knocks dudes the gently caress out a lot

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He backs it up in his performances. People wouldn't care as much if he was getting smoked out there

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Or if he was fighting like Woolley

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DeimosRising posted:

Yeah I get the knockout bit, but from what I can tell the poo poo talk isn't even creative or funny. Like, I haven't found any examples of him being clever instead of just really loud. Obviously trying to figure it out in retrospect is very different from being there at the time, though.

Yeah I get that. It definitely causes funny situations tho. I think he's cool based on his fights basically

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

VITOR: [covering mouth and affecting a high falsetto] i think there should be a division for old people where you just box and you don't have to stand on your feet for longer than 3 minutes [removes hand] Wow, for sure that sounds good bro

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
when is conor supposed to be back?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
kelvin is really good but now people are overrating him. he'll be the favorite and rightfully so but it's not out of the question for silva to win

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

calling kelvin slow is retarded

for sure

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

CommonShore posted:

Actually, he has the same UFC record as Weidman - 9-2.

you can't read

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foul Fowl posted:

i think the bisping that fought anderson would have given him trouble at any point in his career. if anderson's chin was still superhuman and he was a hair quicker he probably would have won but bisping's non-committal offence still would've been a problem.

i dont think so tim

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foul Fowl posted:

bispings not as scary on the feet as maia/leites/cote thats for drat sure

feel free to cherry pick silva's worst performances while using bisping's best performance as your comparison

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Foul Fowl posted:

yeah that's why i said

oh at any point in his career meaning the lowest points of his career, got it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Tezcatlipoca posted:

I don't remember Okami leading but he is so one note and hittable that it didn't matter.

bisping is also hittable, see 40 year old dan henderson smoking him twice with his only punch during bisping's best run of his career

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Intel&Sebastian posted:

GSP fucks up Kelvin if he's got his poo poo together and I don't think he would be coming back if he didn't.

imo

i disagree

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
hendricks performed pretty well against kelvin and lost a fairly close fight i think?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i think kelvin would have a big strength advantage over gsp, just like hendricks did and would beat him on the feet worse than hendricks did

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Triticum Guzzler posted:

lets not exaggerate here, henderson was 46

lol drat

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

I.N.R.I posted:

this .. the two losses hes had since coming back from breaking his leg (generally a career ending injury at his age) have been to the current middleweight champion (after knocking him out) and a 2 day notice loss to daniel cormier who is the interim lhw champion

this is a good point for sure but prior to breaking his leg against Weidman he was getting tooled up and nearly finished in the first round. i don't think silva was bad by any means, he was awesome

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

big money big clit posted:

I think that Kelvin is being overrated now and Anderson is being underrated now, and I think this despite liking Kelvin and not really liking Anderson.

i agree

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Marching Powder posted:

Nobody is saying that Anderson was ever bad or is bad now, and if you read things like that you might be too close to the subject emotionally.

you're definitely correct that the level of competition is much higher now

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i picked jds but it was mostly becasue i don't like rothwell, proud to say

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Memento posted:

[conor mcgregor]Who da fook is dat goi?

also, what are the chances that this was written by the fighter himself

100%

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

vainman posted:

Kelvin's weird to me because he has a lot of power and great hands and can run a good drill but every three or four minutes he gets really stiff and just kind of flattens out so it's weird when people say he moves like Dillashaw

only one guy said he moves like dillashaw and it was insane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
lol

• Locked thread