Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Rigel posted:

I indicated more interest in the "win and in" idea, where two guys are bought in for just one fight, and the winner gets a contract. Basically TUF without the tournament and reality show.

Even though they unofficially have "lose and out" fights most cards where we pretty much know both guys have to win, it would be depressing to have it publicly announced that the loser will be cut.

Yeah, the "win and in" concept at least focuses on a positive, which I think will sell better. Get two local guys and it could be fun. "Lose and you're out" is obviously a reality in a lot of fights but its distasteful to sell it that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
gently caress, I really wish they hadn't added a make up fight to the main card. Losing the Nurmy fight sucked but the silver lining for me was that I could probably see the PPV because I have to go at 9:30 PST. The extra fight means that I'll miss the championship fight probably so there's not even a point in buying the card (ok there's Mark Hunt but)

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Now I'm second guessing myself because I have a love/hate relationship with Suga and want to see Mark Hunt knock Overeem's head into the third row. Is there any chance this card is done by 9:30 Pacific? That's 2.5 hours from starting time. I want to say they usually run about 3 hours but honestly I can't remember.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

big money big clit posted:

Well they already get penalized by either not being paid if the fight is called off, or losing a percentage of their purse if they cannot make weight and the fight goes on.

That's a penalty for loving up a weight cut, not for cutting an unhealthy amount of weight.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Nibbles! posted:

Same day weigh-ins would probably be the easiest solution however there's plenty of issues there.

That wouldn't be better. Then you'd have dehydrated as poo poo guys on fight night.

The only real solution is USADA-like weight checks during camps to make sure you aren't x% above your fight weight.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

big money big clit posted:

You'd probably just end up with fighters who were dehydrated and undernourished throughout camps.

I'm betting on them not staying dehydrated through a whole several week period.

Also you wouldn't have to hit "weight" the whole time, you'd just have to be within a certain percentage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?
Can you physically stay dehydrated for two months without dying?

• Locked thread