Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Crossposting

:allears: goddamn the clintons continue to be dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Missionary Positron posted:

Ah, right. It's still pretty mindblowing to me that a conventional cruise missile can take out a nuclear missile silo built to withstand at least some form of nuclear attack.

Withstanding a nuclear air burst in the 70s took a giant concrete door. So they spread out silos so that one huge blast could never take out more than one at once. Once MIRVs got to the point where you could hit each solo silos within kill radius they essentially gave up and started clumping them again but with the expectation that our more mature radar systems would give us enough warning to launch any missile that was threatened by an incoming missile.

Now your threat is a wave of tomahawks which even if you've got a giant concrete door will certainly break the door enough where you can't fire the misssle, and will likely destroy the missile and warhead from falling concrete and blast wave. Hence the mission kill.

So now we are left with only submarine and road mobile missiles that act as survivable second strike missiles. And the US doesn't do road mobile missiles. Check out Arms Control Wonk's episode about potential basing modes.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Sounds like we need to convert all those tactical class warheads into nuclear EFPs and cassabla howizers

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Missionary Positron posted:

Is there a specific reason why the US decided to not go with road mobile launchers, unlike China & Russia? Are subs + dispersed bombers loaded with nuclear tipped cruise missiles considered "good enough"?

Pretty much. The US has naval dominance with good submarines and surface, good Anti-submarine warfare capabilities outside of attack subs alone, and unlike everyone else we also have dozens of airbases around the world.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

TBeats posted:

the issue is that there's nothing in the policy about leggings and it is literally up to the people at the gate's discretion.

The rest of the article seemed to go on about how the girls were traveling g under employee family passes which fall under united's dress code which does explicitly prohibit leggings.

Now while I agree leggings aren't pants I'm against the tyranny of pants in general and yoga butts are the future.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
True. A good PR department would have offered the girls a complimentary ride :heysexy:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Hey I go to college now. Everyone is younger than me and there are many nice yoga butts. I've been swayed.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/sethabramson/status/846135383129772032

Every time this starts going somewhere I get my hopes up and am disappointed. I don't know how much longer this administration can keep all the plates spinning so I'm feeling hope anyway.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I feel like that statement is about equivalent to Frump walking into the room, asking, Mattis sarcasticly telling him things are going great, better than ever, and then Trump walking out smiling like king fool while Mattis got back to doing useful work.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Wasabi the J posted:

All war represents a failure of diplomacy.

You don't loving say this poo poo unless you're trying to instigate a war. At best, this galvanizes the global community against us.

Fine bring it and we'll win it, 1000 years of US hegemony of the world MAGA TROMP

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Poppyseed Poundcake posted:

UCMJ doesn't work like that. He isn't subject to UCMJ unless he is during navy stuff, nothing he does a a civilian counts.

What? If you do something dumb off duty you'll still get hosed over by your command under the UCMJ. I just think that anything spicey is doing nobody is willing to care about.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Yessssssssss

Six to midnight. Right now :awesome:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
I doubt very few people are going to be sentenced for anything. Just having public testimony destroying corrupt politicians careers will be enough for me. Who said that Flynn flipping will redeem him again?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Jar-jar-Trumpetien is going to get ideas from Venezuela and try and dissolve the senate

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
In a more happy current event you can turn the Google Maps app on your phone into a pacman game

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
And I strongly associate av's with usernames so I have to keep doing double takes and confusing myself.

I am you, and someone who lurks is me?
\/\/

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Apr 3, 2017

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I don't know why you guys are surprised, this was clearly reported last week.

Even reality can't play 'Onion/Not-The-Onion' these days

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

FastestGunAlive posted:

Thwomps first vox article is good. That person gives a well thought out interview. See, I feel bad for her some what. She actually wants her peers to move past the fake news and political rhetoric.

Link?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

The Iron Rose posted:

I'm unconvinced that losing the bad press for the nuclear option now is a good idea. Gorsuch is conservative, sure. But he's qualified, not a raving ideologue, and probably the best and most moderate pick you could expect from the Republicans. It makes more sense to filibuster a judge who's either unqualified or a judge who is simply far too conservative to accept. Gorsuch is neither.

But, as always, saying "gently caress you" to the other team, even if accomplishes nothing and only hurts you down the line, is, as we've just seen, what's politically viable.

Either they filibuster this one and the cloture rule gets changed, or they filibuster the next one and the cloture rule gets changed, either way the GOP gets both of their choices in. Meanwhile the more you can derail the trumpster in the early days the less he'll be able to get done in whatever amount of term he does have.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Man I want more evidence to keep building against these corrupt fools.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

Two Finger posted:

welp and here come the secret service again

If the secret service starts siding with potential fascist accelerationists then we'll have more to worry about.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

TBeats posted:

I think the whole debate is kinda dumb because there's good reasons for saying millennials start in 95 just like 85.

I feel like millennial just means we grew up with some combination of A) coming of age in a 9/11 world and B) exposure and intrinsic use of the internet from a young age. I know having dialup at age 8 was more formative and potentially damaging than pretty much everything in my life besides enlisting.

So millennial are pretty much anyone born until '95 or even later. These kids getting iPads and chrome books in 2nd grade classes are gonna be odd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Well, more referring to the minions who have enough competency to do damage. That's why we're trying to vote the lot of them out.

• Locked thread