Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
First world citizens are finally figuring out that neoliberal economic policies hosed them hard. Now whether they can see that the blame lies with the rich(and themselves) and not immigrants/brown people is the question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

I hope SNL just does a sketch where spicey never shows up.

A skit where he's trying to escape through the bathroom window but Trump and Bannon are pulling him back in

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The US has both a military use and military spending problem but thats still no reason to keep throwing good money after bad

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Genocide Tendency posted:

Oklahoma State Senator caught loving an underage male prostitute.

Pretty sure we need to invoke "all are pedophiles" rule for republicans from here out. Kinda like bronies.

Yeah this guy totally supported Oklahoma's "bathroom bill" which died in committee last year

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
China has to overcome well documented science issues. We have to overcome well documented political issues. Personally I'm betting on the Chinese getting their first.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

pick up the pace posted:

https://twitter.com/charles_lister/status/842509968897138688

This is the second high profile gently caress up (w/r/t anti-terrorism efforts) in less than two months, things aren't looking so good for future ME peace efforts

Jfc please don't let this be one of ours

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

If a child prostitute is hanging out near a church he's probably got some repeat customers...

theyre loving the gay out of him

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I don't see how anything but China ending it doesn't result in Seoul getting plastered

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
East Germany is still lagging behind West Germany to this day so yeah the world trying to uplift NK would be a disaster

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

LingcodKilla posted:

Now how do I explain to my kids what a thimble and wheelbarrow are?

Drive around the nice part of town where illegals are doing yard work and point out the wheelbarrow

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

I dont even know

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I'm Irish where it counts: domestic violence and alcoholism

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Genocide Tendency posted:

Totes stealing this. Cool?

How Irish of you

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
The only way I see NK being 'fixed' is if China takes his rear end out on a state visit or something meanwhile they sit down all their generals and explain how its gonna work. Thats probably the only way we end the dynasty without getting shitloads of South Koreans killed.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Flikken posted:

Wouldn't him keeping his mouth shut be the best thing for his administration at this moment?

Yeah but he can't and its honestly the best thing for us. He has to respond to every little needle and then his administration has to spend many man hours dealing with it. Basically, every time Trump says something, it's wasting time they'd otherwise be using to gently caress Americans over.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

Hah I remember when the Republican bill passed on this rule, Obama said 'this is dumb as hell', it passed, then Republicans blamed Obama for the bad poo poo in the bill.

... that bill just let 9/11 families sue Saudi Arabia.

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/843899098474430464

The real fun is when the rest of the world starts suing us for our entire post-WW2 foreign policy

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Office Pig posted:

This seems like an insanely bad idea even outside of the obvious nepotism and corruption. It's bad enough we have Russian agents inside the White House, we don't need Canadian ones, too.

lol nice

Trudeau totally gonna be pumping her

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

I thought she was the one who was so white nationalist even Fox was a bit turned off on her? Like literally on tv talking how the Jews did 911?

how can you tell the difference

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Dont worry Gorsuch or whatever will easily get confirmed because Democrats are already starting the 'two wrong dont make a right' bullshit

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
I don't care about the feelings or beliefs of a bunch of delusional assholes, and neither should the Democrats.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Its pretty loving simple for the Democrats to get elected but it'd also require them to admit that they were just as guilty as the Republicans about loving over Americans at every turn to please their Corporate Overlords

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
My blood red GOP area is frothing mad that the bill is doing something other than straight up repealing Obamacare in its entirety

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Dont get me wrong the GOP hates this bill but they are a bunch of spineless fuckbats and both Trump, Ryan and McConnell know it. The people that need to vote No will be allowed to and this thing will pass.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Reverand maynard posted:

If China did gas the entire country everyone would condemn them while breathing a sigh of relief at the same time.

Sadly, yes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Moving right is why the Democrats have lost over 900 seats in the last 8 years but nope gotta double down on that, we need those Republican moderates! Oh hey you working guy, get the gently caress out of here!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

psydude posted:

No, you're right. All of those seats the Tea Party turned in 2010 were obviously because their voters were mad they weren't liberal enough.

They went liberal in the wrong ways(gun control) and then gave the entire banking industry(the only people with worse popular ratings than Congress) a free pass so yeah I'll stand by my assertion that centrism is a losing proposition for Democrats

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
A $765m bump basically lets NASA decide what programs do they want to slightly less underfund.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Tim Kaine probably doesn't even drink milk on its expiration date. He's like the most inoffensive VP ever which was pretty fitting for the 'take no stand' campaign he was a part of.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

M_Gargantua posted:

One out of Humvee gets healthcare, one behind follows with GI bill. When the one with the healthcare gets killed, the one who is following picks up benefits and continues.

holy poo poo

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Even Reid and Pelvis were able to whip the Democrats enough to pass their shorty bill, lol if the Republicans cant

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We're 61 days into his Presidency.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Its all the same people, why would they ever learn

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Eh, it's not like that hasn't happened with other Justices. I mean it's not like his logic was mean spirited or being a dick. It also didn't deny a disabled kid an education it was about reimbursement for private education.

No, that was saved for the truck driver case

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Smiling Jack posted:

That's how insurance works

Thats what they don't like. Its communism.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
We're not just returning to pre-ACA, they want to make it worse with Medicaid changes.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Someone please explain to me again how Republicans became the voice of poor working class whites?

Because the other side refused to acknowledge their existence

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

my favorite part of this article is also my response to anyone that says the Democrats simply cant afford to make a chance and must keep with this centrist, GOP-lite bullshit.

"Post-Obama-Clinton, its most admired national leaders (Biden, Bernie Sanders, Elizabeth Warren) are of Social Security age. It rules no branch of federal government, holds only 16 governorships, and controls only 14 state legislatures."

like man that poo poo aint working look at the loving results its lost 1000+ seats on national/state levels but by all means lets keep trying!

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
Picking a losing strategy and keeping with it come hell or high water because you don't want to accept that you chose bad allies is America as gently caress

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Frosted Flake posted:

If I understand, the bill that would gut healthcare won't pass because a significant number of legislators want to gut healthcare more?

Is that about right?

Yeah the suicide cult wants pre-existing gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

ABC reported that the guy wasn't drafted for the usual stint in the IDF because he was judged too mentally unstable.

Also...

Dems gonna filibuster Gorsuch.

:getin:

• Locked thread