Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

id argue that military service should automatically disqualify you from being a cop

yeah but then you are only left with people that want to be play military dress up but are too chicken poo poo to actually join.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I thought this was gary busey at first

edit: SNL needs to get gary busey to play roger stone lmao

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

Maddow is the left leaning Hannity for those just becoming aware of her.

with the exception that the crazy left wants everyone to have puppies while the crazy right wants to murder puppies

saying x is the left/right wing version of x is a lovely comparison considering that one extreme of our political spectrum is crazy hippies that won't want vaccinations and the other wants an ayn rand dystopian future

PookBear fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 16, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

is he even white tho?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

VikingSkull posted:

The problem with this country is not that the left is idealistic and the right is nefarious, it's that both sides are partisan and refuse to work with each other to come to a sensible conclusion that eliminates the idealism of both fringes.

Yeah, though, continue to scream "not as bad!" as we circle the drain.

gently caress you, you're the one comparing Maddow to people that promote ignorance. You're comparing embellishment to outright loving lies. Unless there is some fringe poo poo on the left making up facts wholesale there is no loving comparison between left and right wing news sources and talk show hosts.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I legit hope spicer remains secretary for as long as Trump is president because I want the constant stress to kill him. I hope he dies of a god drat heart attack 10 years from now. I hope he is constantly stressed and scared of anything that goes boo until he loving blows his brains out. I hope he becomes a boxed wine alcoholic who mentally breaks down at every family gathering.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Godholio posted:

Oklahoma is home to a great many megachurches and stereotypical evangelicals.

oklahoma has all the christian craziness of the south with none of the redeeming qualities like good food or beautiful nature.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

cowboy elvis posted:

Raising Cane's is pretty good.

that's Louisiana not oklahoma

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

The Silent Hill Wikia page is or was edited by some guy who insisted that all the evil in the game could be traced back to the crime of circumcision.

Lmao

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

never heard of this guy before but I like him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rwYiBdoWHE&t=75s

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The phrase "deafening silence" comes to mind.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Trump getting spooked, flying to russia to meet Putin, and simply not coming back, would be the best result.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

So I get that the immigration ban is bad, but how exactly do the courts have the power to block it? Is there a law they're citing or something?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Sacrist65 posted:

So. If someone gets fired for a substance abuse problem, they no longer have the means to support themselves while they enter rehab. So they get another job, repeat until you can't find another or death.

If i am interpreting this correctly, this will literally kill people and make children go hungry.

Since its up to the state, the pain will be concentrated in the red rural areas of trump county. The opioid crises is particularly bad in parts of trump county (plus the northeast). Alabama had more opioid prescriptions written in it than people in 2012. Something like 20% of all people on an opioid prescription >10 days will become addicted.

Unemployment means that you had a job and are (nominally at least) looking to find another. It's like $1600 a month for a year and has been proven as one of the best ways to stimulate the economy. These people aren't freeloaders

There was a huge talk last year about republicans addressing the opioid crises in America and this is honestly one of the worst things I can think of doing to people who can still be saved.

just do hard drugs like coke that gets out of your system faster or smash natty ice all day like god intended

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Short of the US invading, how does North Korea fix itself? Coup? Hope Jim Jong-un has no male heirs and then wait for him to die? Wait until everyone literally starves to death then simply repopulate it? Annihilate the entire country after they launch a fizzled nuclear weapon?

How do you fix a failed, rogue state led by a man baby who threatens to throw a nuclear fueled temper tantrum?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Zeris posted:

I don't know, it seems worthwhile to watch the current administration step on its own dick to death so that Dems don't have to deal with accusations of being obstructionist in 2/4 years. That matters too right?

thats the thing. If donnie fucks up constantly for four years (and he will) but democrats are being obstructionists on everything, then come election time its gonna be blamed on the democrats

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Are they for the ACA or just against all health care

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

that's hilarious

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If China did gas the entire country everyone would condemn them while breathing a sigh of relief at the same time.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I'll pay 50 bucks to a charity of cole's choice if I see a prostitute pissing on trump and it verified to not be fake

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I REALLY want it to go to a vote.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

We're past smoke and into the realm of smoldering, yeah?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I would actually take it as a sign that God exists and loves us if Mar-a-Lago got destroyed by a hurricane.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

why do people keep saying "we're gonna get hosed by both nominations" did someone else die?

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

Iran will just borrow a dozen nukes from NK if the US ever looks like it will invade.

Iran isn't that loving stupid.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

god bless

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

here comes the alcohol

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

re: flynn is that extradition hand him over or like black bag him hand him over

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can you overlap them with a bigger circle that says HATES OBAMA because that was what really tied them together over the past 8 years and watching what happens when they don't have a common enemy is gonna be funny

good GOD the movies that are gonna be made about this time in history 10 years from now are gonna be amazing.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

thread title really should be "Do you ever think about death, Donald?"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

psydude posted:

I think Trump is too self absorbed to think anything about his subordinates' Russian connections. It may have been happening right under his nose, but I think he was oblivious. And that may ultimately save him.

Trump not being directly involved but everyone else going to jail might be the best outcome. Just let him limp along ineffectively infighting with republicans might be better than pence or Ryan.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I can't help but feel like this is the greatest intel and counter intel op that Russia has ever undertaken.

Yes, worse than their atomic espionage. They've potentially delegitimized and infiltrated an entire branch of our Government, completely, and they probably own a few congress critters too. Nunes, for instance.

That's loving astonishing. It's all out in the open too for the most part apparently.

Maybe they took no action to cover their tracks because they're stupid and honestly don't believe anything was illegal. Though I seriously doubt that.

Goddamit this whole thing has been really getting under my skin.

I'm willing to bet a lot of the people involved weren't aware of the entire scope. Little favors here and there.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

if it killed family first it wouldn't be random

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

If the scots leave I wonder what impact this would have on Ireland.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The last queen of the United Kingdom.

At this rate it's going to be Great Britain and Wales.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Well my point is that last century saw the end of their empire abroad and this century might see it devolve into nothing more than England plus a few random islands that don't care enough and aren't important enough to push for their own independence given the fact that by the time they won independence they'll likely be little more than a sand bank.

The funny thing is the Queen is gonna wind up with more political power than the government since she is (I think) the only thing really linking together stuff like the Falkland islands and the Cayman islands back to England.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 30, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Chinese spies can't steal your r&d if you cancel it all

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

give war a chance

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Can't wait for Russia/Israel/BestKorea/Iran to stuxnet some fool's dick off

there is no way someone doesn't try that. Imagine being the hacker that gets some politicians dick bitten off by his robotic gently caress doll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

how I eventually want spicer's conference to end

• Locked thread