Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

BigDave posted:

Job creation or not, it's still nice to see a 6% gain on my IRA. :chord:

Every time I check my stocks I can't loving believe it. No idea what's going on there but it's probably gonna end in tears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This article is really sparse on the backstory. Are they specifically banning Turkish officials from political speech in Germany, or is it a broad measure against foreign officials?

Two Turkish government ministers tried to hold politicial rallies in Germany. They were denied by the municipalities - federal government claims to have nothing to do with it - because they allegedly mischaracterized the size and nature of the rallies when applying for the permit. There is a bit of a mess going on rn because Turkey detained a high-profile Turko-German journalist for "promoting terrorism", i.e. reporting from Turkey, and there has been a bit of a scandal with DITIB officials (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish-Islamic_Union_for_Religious_Affairs) spying on Kurds and dissidents etc. in Germany.

Turkish government influencing Turkish heritage people in Germany is a thorny issue, the Turkish government has at times made statements to the tune of them not being supposed to feel German etc., and Germans are unthrilled by the occasional clashes between Turks and Kurds here etc. There's a Turkish fascist organization, the Grey Wolves, that also pops up every once in a while. There are a bunch of people who have both Turkish and German, or only Turkish, passports in Germany, and they are apparently an important voting bloc for Turkish elections.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 5, 2017

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Sergg posted:

In 2000 about 10% of the prison population had active Tb. The vast majority of cases of Tb are latent. Prisoners are 58 times more likely to die of Tb than the general population.

Percentage of Latent Tb in Various Russian Professions:
Primary health care providers: 39.1%
Medical students: 8.7%
TB hospital health providers: 46.9%
TB laboratory workers: 61.1%

The WHO recognized this as a serious problem and began addressing it in the 2000s and the rates have gone down since then but still remain astronomical compared to here.

How, just how, does a nominally industrialized country get 60% of their lab techs infected with the organism they're working on. Are they diagnosing TB by sputum taste??

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

A fugitive murderer in Germany apparently posted on 4chan while on the run. So I went there to check it out or whatever, god knows what I thought I was doing, and less than a minute in I see a video of someone getting murdered. What a shithole.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Doesn't that ignore the missiles the Russians have driving around in those huge trucks? Or was that a Cold War thing they don't do anymore?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Without your immune system you're a sack of highly concentrated nutrients that conveniently keep themselves moist and warm. Everyfuckingthing will come and take a bite.

• Locked thread