Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Zeris posted:

Russia undermining Clinton and Russia colluding with Trump staff are not the same thing. I'm not talking about objective reality, I'm talking about what's provable. They could have done everything in that IC report and not said a word to Trump or his cronies. Unless they were spelling it out to the GOP campaign and demanding favors in return -- unless that's what was in those conversations -- or whatever, then I don't get it.

It looks stupid -- Sessions lied, obviously, but until it's clear what he lied about, there's no saying whether this will last or snowball to something worth resigning over.

The problem is you have the AG lying under oath.

It doesn't matter what he lied about. Its still perjury. And then it delves back into the issue of collusion with a foreign government to undermine the government of the US. If at any point the Russians worked with the Trump campaign its sedition. And anyone who was part of the contacts has committed sedition.

So now you have perjury and sedition being committed by the Attorney General. Plus all the other tack on poo poo like obstruction.

Its not going to snow ball unless the press keeps stories about it rolling out through 2018 and the Dems take control of both branches of Congress. Then they can clean house of republican committee leads, launch congressional investigations and then impeach Trump and everyone associated with the campaign. Or something happens that flips a large portion of reds against Trump and they dial up the pressure on congress to a point they can't not go after him. Which may actually happen when he signs off on Congress gutting SS/Medicare and then lets them cut infrastructure. Basically August may turn into a blood bath/French revolution. Because thats when the tax reform drops and people find out they lost ACA, infrastructure, SS/Medicare just to make it so the new tax reform can use the poor and middle class bankroll the wealthy and corporations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

redneck nazgul posted:

I'm probably in an outrage-fueled fever dream, but I would love to see a RICO suit thrown at the Trump campaign/administration over this poo poo.

I want any and everybody at any point willingly involved in the campaign and administration to face sedition charges.

But Sessions will just say no one will be charged regardless of the evidence at hand because he is a corrupt gently caress that cares about punishing people for being poor or not white enough.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I'm fairly certain at this point that Mike Pence is going to turn out to be the only person in Trump's campaign that wasn't collaborating with the Russians.

I'm fairly certain that Pence was beaten into working with the Russians. Look at him. He might as well change his name to Stockholm Syndrome.

Plus I already hated Pence, since he is Ted Cruz white lite. So burn the motherfucker at a stake.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Putin wanted someone he could control running the US, and if he couldn't get that, he at least wanted Clinton out.

Trump and Putin were already buddies, so he made the most viable option. So use the state to sabotage Clinton, he and his buddies also dump money into Trump businesses and campaign...

Its easy to find the trail because they were so blatant about it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

DHS leaked a document saying extreme vetting is stupid to Maddow

After watching the entire segment.. The bigger story is that DHS as a collective hates Trump so much that they are not only leaking information to Rachel Maddow, but confirming its real just to make sure everyone knows that what ever poo poo is thrown at Trump is real.

Edit:

Deathy McDeath posted:

Okay, I'm a total fetal alcohol syndrome baby who is incapable of reading between the lines on the Trump/Russia connection. What's the consensus? Is there something big lurking under there, or is this going to be a huge nothing scandal? More importantly, with what we've seen so far, what's the most banal and innocuous scenario for Trump's people contacting Russian officials throughout the campaign? Were they working on a business deal or something?

Basically, tell me what the most plausible and innocent explanation for this whole thing is. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe the conspiracy.

You have a poo poo ton of different theories as to what happened.

What is known is that the Russians interfered with the election through hacking, false or intentionally misleading news stories and general fuckery. Trump benefited from this. Trump also has had previous dealings with the Russian government and state owned businesses because, well, he was a business man and thats kinda a thing they do.

The problem is if the campaign coordinated with the Russian government in exchange for favorable treatment if Trump was elected then they effectively were working with a foreign government to undermine the US government and/or its election policy.

The constant leak of bread crumbs has created a situation that we know the Russians were in contact with the campaign. First issue is that Trump and everyone involved keep saying "no one was talking to the Russians" which is a blatant lie. Its not a conspiracy theory. Its fact. The follow up is what did they discuss in those contacts. Republicans have kept trying to block anyone looking into this, Trump has been saying its all a lie, then attempting to intimidate the FBI/Congress/IC to get them to stop looking into what was said.

If they didn't do anything, then why are they trying to cover up or block investigations?

At this point, the only potential innocent explanation is that all the calls were for actual business deals not affected by the results of the election and official communications required by campaign members to meet the responsibilities of their non campaign positions held at the time. So Sessions may have been required to have meetings with Russian officials as part of his duties as a senator. If he discussed that as AG he would change laws and prevent anyone from investigating collusion if they won, then its a loving crime and he should hang.

Again. The issue here is enough people keep leaking enough information telling us that we need to investigate. The Trump administration keeps trying to cover up and interfere with any attempt to even start a inquiry.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Mar 3, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

The Racist Keebler Elf made the excuse that "I met the Russian Ambassador as a U.S. Senator, not as part of the political campaign."

...... woops

https://twitter.com/reidepstein/status/837496534350630913

Came to post this..

How about he just commit ritual suicide on the steps of the Capitol building. Broadcast it live.

I hate Sessions so much. But lets be honest, I have hated him long before his stint as AG.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Oh by the way..

House Intelligence Committee Chairman David Nunes issued totally not a threat to the press.

quote:

"Look, I'm sure some of you are in contact with the Russian embassy, so be careful what you ask for," he warned. "We start getting transcripts of any of you or any other Americans talking to the press, then we can -- do you want us to conduct an investigation on you or other Americans because you were talking to the Russian embassy?"

Video:
https://youtu.be/ZzgPjbDsumU?t=331

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Everything about the proposed budget is both hypocritical and vile.

ANd the Reds have already gone on record saying it was going to be DOA.

There is either a very ugly divorce on the way, or Donnie is going to roll over and a mumble his power bottom begging through a ball gag.

Im betting on number 2. Which, conveniently, is also the body function Ryan will commit on Angry Mango's chest when he ends the SS/Medicare cut "stand off".

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Maddow made the point tonight that since there are transcripts of the Flynn calls, it means there was a warrant issued to listen in

wooooo boy this is getting real

I thought everyone understood this.

The reason Flynn got fired was because someone either in the IC, FBI or both has actual transcripts of the calls. The issue with the Russian thing right now isn't what was said/discussed. Its that they met and when asked about it, lied. In Sessions's case he did so under oath.

Sessions biggest issue right now is perjury. Flynn and the campaign in general is potentially a matter of Logan Act, but no one knows because we don't have access. But the contact is real and the White House covered it up, when it got exposed, tried to keep covering it up while calling it fake news, fired Flynn while calling it fake news and crying about leaks, and there are continuing exposures of meetings with Russian officials.

Right now, there isn't a crime that has been committed outside of Sessions. Its that they talked at all and are trying to cover it up. Which is why there needs to be an investigation. The White House is trying to block/interfere/influence investigations and the entire GOP is bending over backwards to help them. That begs the question, if they did nothing wrong, why are they turning the Nixon machine to 11?

Xenoborg posted:

Is Trump's whole budget somewhere to read or just a few leaks/reports about it?

The White House has sent budget blueprints to government agencies.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Sorta dumb question:
Now that there's actual ammunition against Sessions, are they (and i'm not even entirely sure who they is, I'm assuming the Senate?) going to do everything in their power to get a this racist out of the office of AG? Is this looming perjury thing enough for some Republicans to jump ship and vote (or whatever the mechanic is here) against him?

Someone explain how this can potentially unfold.

(Outside of the obvious "lol nothing matters nor will anything happen")

/ninjaedit: I'm a loving moron, let me watch that Maddow clip first if that explains it

Its pretty simple. He is being dragged before congress to clarify his statements, because the Republicans will use it to hand waive the fact that he committed perjury. The dems will still cry for him to resign but because they are minorities in both House and Senate, it means nothing.

Essentially "lol nothing matters nor will anything happen" barring some serious poo poo rolling out where literally nothing can be done to protect him and he is forced to resign. Or Al Franklin hears a lie that finally breaks him and he uses his bare hands to remove Sessions's lungs from his body in the middle of the review.

I'm hoping for the latter.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Two Finger posted:

I still can't really wrap my head around how these people clearly value their power more than actually helping people, but I guess that's politicians for you.

Nothing matters, hail satan, etc

They care about their fat rear end checks from corporations. Those fucks wouldn't piss on a constituent to put out a fire.

TBeats posted:

Just so we all have our expectations rooted in reality:

Everyone around trump could resign because of shady poo poo, you could have Trump in a 4K HD video talking face to face with Putin, admitting to banging Ivanka immediately after saying verbatim "I need you to make sure I, Donald J Trump, win the election in November 8, 2016 and I will then use taxpayer money to pay what I owe you, Vladimir Putin. My social security number is xxx-xx-xxx" and he still won't get impeached or lose a lot of his core supporters.

This is not true.

Realize that Trump's hold is very fragile. Not because of his tiny hands, but because it hinges on how 75% of his voters are either expecting him to deliver on jobs or stop SS/Medicare from being cut.

He is going to lose both of those. If you think for more than two seconds that Congress isn't going to gut SS/Medicare, you are loving retarded. And people aren't going to be real patient when all those JOBS aren't there. The stock market is going ape poo poo, and its not going to show up in living wage jobs. At that point the GOP is hosed. Understand, people are going to burn for whats about to go down in Congress over the next 6-7 months. Trump will be standing there with the entire thing crashing around him AND OH BY THE WAY I CUT DEALS WITH RUSSIA SO I COULD WIN AND PUT ALL MY RICH DONERS IN POWER TO MAKE loving YOU ALL THAT MUCH EASIER.

The only thing keeping Trump in power is the Reds thinking that he will roll over and let them end ACA and SS/Medicare, gut basically everything but the DOD, then drop a tax reform bill that screws the poor and middle class. We are not getting jobs back or creating any meaningful amounts of new ones. Manufacturing/mining/infrastructure.. None of it is happening. And when everything falls apart, he won't have midline and independent voters propping him up. That 40% rating is going to be sub 30% before December. His one saving grace is whether or not the Dems can be effective at showing how he and the GOP have hosed everyone. The town hall outrage will get worse when it adds all the broken promises republicans. And that poo poo show is going to cause Congress to start looking for distractions from their bullshit and rear end fuckery.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Click me

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

Being a paranoid idiot isn't impeachable.

Impeachable? No. As it does not qualify as "treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors".

But it can be cited in the process of declaring a President not mentally fit to hold the position. Which allows Pence and “majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide” to invoke the 25th Amendment.

Zeris posted:

How long until a sleepy senior WH officer gets executed by an anti aircraft gun?

If its Bannon I hope its televised live.

Stultus Maximus posted:

And if Trump is simply making up wild bullshit, it should be a scandal but somehow isn't.

You say this now, but...

If there is no proof, and Barak wants to be the petty dick he should be to Trump, he has just violated Libel laws. So civil lawsuits away!! Which would be hilarious given that Trump is going after the Daily Mail for libel.

In not Trumpster Fire news:

People mad about new TSA pat downs.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

What do you call competing rallies/protests where its just autistic screeching at each other?

LingcodKilla posted:

TSA pat down is one of the few ways I get human contact...

Same.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I want to know what is going to happen to that Aid in the second bullet.

Also:

FrozenVent posted:

The new American dream.

Keep them coming.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

How long until people in the administration start revolting.

And do they just quit then dump the dirt out in the press or stage a full on coup?

Oh my god this could be amazing. :flashfap:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Deadpool 2 teaser is out.

CE needs something uplifting.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

FastestGunAlive posted:

When Trump fires all his staff/they all quit, he will just start bringing in the random crazies throughout the country who still support him. He could hold a contest on twitter or even a reality show where they compete to get a job. He can claim that was the plan all along; drain the swamp by bringing in regular Joes like you and me. Catch phrase "your hired" as a fun little play on his old classic. It'll be like watching the experience-less governing of the tea party and, well, his current administration, but worse. They can pump out all sorts of EOs, investigations into pizzerias, and finally get to work on locking up crooked Clinton and the press. Great ratings though. The best ratings.

If you think for more than two seconds that Congress won't oust him you are joking yourself.

So thats totally what he is trying to work out in Mar-a-lago right now.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Lets back up a page to this:

psydude posted:

I hate to interrupt the Trump Hate, but this is absolutely massive:

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/04/world/asia/north-korea-missile-program-sabotage.html

Basically, the US has effectively penetrated and disrupted North Korea's missile program by hacking and sabotaging avionics and other components crucial to flight and
navigation.

How funny would it be if it was the US testing just how much control we have over their program.

:nsa: : We now own the North Korean missile program.
:) : Hey see if we can launch and steer something.
:j: : Ok.
:stare: : IT WORKED!

:newlol::hf::newlol::hf::newlol:

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Gobbeldygook posted:

We've collectively forgotten what utter children some of our previous presidents were. Bush Sr.:

"President Bush declared today that he never, ever, wants to see another sprig of broccoli on his plate, whether he is on Air Force One or at the White House or anywhere else in the land.

''I do not like broccoli,'' the President said, responding to queries about a broccoli ban he has imposed aboard Air Force One, first reported this week in U.S. News and World Report. ''And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!''"

Get the gently caress out with this bullshit.

Not wanting broccoli isn't comparable to Trump's constant meltdowns and fuckery.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

cowboy elvis posted:

Broccoli loving owns.

Correct, but not wanting it as an adult doesn't make you a whining man child. As implied by dumbfuck above.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Missionary Positron posted:

https://twitter.com/20committee/status/838991001846956032

Taking that with a big heaping bowl of salt but still :discourse:

This is completely believable.

Edit:

Ethics aside, because frankly going after the press in that manner is wrong and we all understand that, doesn't this break laws or at least pose a major security threat. Working with Russian intel to undermine the press would require authorizing them to operate in the US. Which basically green lights espionage. Right?

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 7, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

You know, of all my various subscriptions, foreign policy has been the one I use the most. Foreign Affairs has the edge on substance and analysis, but it just doesn't generate headlines like these:

Trump Hotel in Baku Partnered With ‘Notoriously Corrupt’ Oligarch Family With Ties to Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps

This story is one of those rabbit holes that somewhere around a 1/4 way down you are sitting at a table with a girl in a blue dress and some rear end in a top hat in a dumb hat thinking to yourself "drugs are bad kids, don't do them like me".

Then you keep going.

Somewhere past fully understanding where this hotel was built, which is around 1/3rd in, you start to just stare in awe that they were so blatant about breaking laws.

Fun fact: Bourke of Dooney and Bourke, a fashion accessory company, caught a 1 year prison sentence for doing business with many of the same people and agencies involved. Its all pretty :stare:.

On a side note: Heard some pundit say that the GOP would rather be talking about health care than trying to deal with this wire tapping poo poo.

No, dumbass, they don't want to say one word about that train wreck. The wire tapping stupidity is more than they could ever hope for at the moment.

In non-Trump news:

World's coolest Bond villain now building his test track for Hyperloop.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

it is going to be like the scene from james bond where he travels through the oil pipeline on the gokart thing?

No. Its more like the vacuum tubes at a bank drive through meets the LHC, with a dash of dark wizardry mixed in.

The neat part about it is Elon Musk used Skunk Works's philosophy of "Assume it works, and just reverse engineer the theory" but instead of a jet, its a mass transit system.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Defense attorney's pants catch fire during arson trial.

edit: Figured this managed to one up Sean Spicer being a furry.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

An even shitier part of all this, is that there are supposedly 30,000 people trading this poo poo around, and it's still ongoing. You've even got some of them sending death threats to reporters who are covering the story.

This story keeps getting worse. And proves that roughly 3/4ths of this country should just be rounded up and sent to gas chambers.

The guy who blew open this story, a veteran, is getting death threats.

Military personnel and civilians are coming out in droves to defend the fuckers with most saying something along the lines of "boys will be boys" or outright saying the women got what they deserved.

No one in the DoD wants to do poo poo about it.

ONE Senator is demanding something be done.

Basically everyone involved should burn. And no one will.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Shepard Smith soon to be reporting from an 'undisclosed location'

Nah.

Remember how Fox started the whole never Trump movement? Rupert Murdoch hates Trump more than the collective of MSNBC. The only reason they have been slobbing his knob for the last year was because their ratings took a massive hit every time Trump tweeted about how unfair they were. Now that there is blood in the water they are turning on him as fast as they have opportunity.

Russian poo poo going south? Start picking away at it.
Health care bill an utter poo poo fest? OH BOY ARE THEY ALL OVER THAT. Largely because they can thumb their finger at the Tea Party and say "see, they say its bad".
CIA issues, constant trips to Florida, everything they think they can get away with throwing a little shade they do.

The first hint they get at his base eroding and the will turn him over like backpage escort.

Edit:

Here. I don't know if this was posted but its a great breakdown of the Fox/Trump marriage.

Genocide Tendency fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Mar 10, 2017

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

TBeats posted:

serious question but how do you shift even more rightward than what they are now without just becoming full fledged nazis?

Nazis spent money on infrastructure.

Also, they had an extensive pre and postnatal care program.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Dead Reckoning posted:

Adultery is a crime under the UCMJ. So is a bunch of other stuff (GO1B) that is normally legal between consenting adults. Rarely prosecuted, granted, but the same argument about the behavior being contrary to good order and discipline applies here. No, I don't think we should let the idiots who open themselves up to this in the first place off the hook. I enjoy receiving naked pictures of my partner as much as the next person, but I can understand why, if they're a judge or a cop or a loving military officer, maybe they shouldn't be doing that.

If things haven't changed... The UCMJ has an other than missionary with spouse rule. Basically any sexual activity other than missionary with a spouse for any reason outside of conception is illegal. Believe it or not there are states that still have these laws on the books too.

They just don't punish someone for it unless its either another nail in the coffin or a guaranteed conviction when the rest of the big poo poo they want to nail someone on is unsure. Word was they busted a couple airmen on it at a base I was stationed at, but it probably was a Rod Stewart Rumor.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

This will die in the courts.

I say the courts because its going to pass right through both other branches of government.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Democratic response to the CBO report is on indefinite hold.

Possibly related, Chuck Schumer is testing the theory of "is it possible to die from laughter".

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

ded posted:

Well you see this plan does not have ~death panels~ it simply lets the free market decide who dies.

Seems relevant:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/840786233328459777

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Maybe we will get lucky and Bannon will decide to get married in the next couple weeks.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Oklahoma State Senator caught loving an underage male prostitute.

Pretty sure we need to invoke "all are pedophiles" rule for republicans from here out. Kinda like bronies.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

unbutthurtable posted:

"Shortey is charged with engaging in child prostitution, engaging in prostitution within 1,000 feet of a church, and transporting a minor for prostitution/lewdness, according to the Cleveland County District Attorney's office."

How is that, specifically, a crime? Yeah, prostitution in general I get, but not the church part.

No idea if it applies directly to that city's/state's law against it but...

Thats actually a fairly common law when it comes to sex/drug crimes and not because of minorities. For most of our nation's history, churches were community center points. Everything revolved around the local church. So it was a point where families, specifically children congregated. Those laws were designed to deter crime away from kids in the same way that "within x feet of a school" laws are.

bird food bathtub posted:

I've done zero research on it and have no evidence at all but I'm just gonna go ahead and guess it's a way to screw over minorities that much harder somehow. That's generally a safe bet for any kind of "what the gently caress?" laws you come across.

Contrary to what D&D says, not every law is crafted to specifically gently caress over minorities. Its a loving stupid narrative and you should stop pushing it.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

Lsyodpdyydlygxlyylcy hfxktydclughcxylpdlhcc jfmggdf

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/842753615265775617

NJ SKKTSKSTKTLXYCY

loving christ.

You did understand when he was elected that he was going to completely dismantle veterans care and compensation right?

Because thats exactly what he will do.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

sharknado slashfic posted:

For some reason I just flashed back to when Brian Billick coached the Ravens and how some fans got mad that he used "big words" in his press conferences...and suddenly Trump supporters make more sense to me.

The one saving grace about the GOP health care plan is that it kills Trump and GOP supporters at an obscenely disproportionate rate.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Proud Christian Mom posted:

I'm Irish where it counts: domestic violence and alcoholism

Totes stealing this. Cool?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Reverand maynard posted:

So I get that the immigration ban is bad, but how exactly do the courts have the power to block it? Is there a law they're citing or something?

There are several court cases that support striking it down.

Largely it centers around intent. In other words if the order is intended to ban someone based on race or religion its unconstitutional, period. The President can not circumvent the constitution based on National Security, despite what they have said since the first ban. The issue the courts face is proving that the intent is to ban muslims. To do that they have to be able to cite campaign and surrogate rhetoric. Which is the sticking point. As long as the executive branch can block the courts from accessing it then the ban is going to win. If they can't then it dies and we see ban 3.1.

Immigration bans are loving stupid and don't work. This cluster gently caress is a glaring reason why.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Y'all missing out on the most important news of the day. Tom Brady's SB jerseys were found and recovered.

Bonus :lol: is the thief was a Mexican journalist.

• Locked thread