Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I need to let Flo know I've named my price as single payer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shyduck posted:

Besides the fact that this is beyond false, does this guy ever not talk in absolutes?

The Sith deal in absolutes

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Jason Chaffetz a huge tool, spends donor money at Apple

quote:

FEC filings to show that Chaffetz’s donors not only pay his campaign’s Verizon bills– which last year ranged between $400 and $515 each month–but also, on at least one occasion, for his Apple electronics. On July 15, 2016, Chaffetz, or someone from his office, spent a total of $775.04 in two purchases (one for $738.08 and another for $36.96) at an Apple Store in Salt Lake City using funds from the Friends of Jason Chaffetz committee. That would be enough to purchase a new iPhone 6S and a case.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Two Finger posted:

as a distraction from trumpism, the north island got loving hammered by rain yesterday.

before:

after

No leprechauns, clearly not Ireland

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Zeris posted:

That's a pic of Australia, dummy

Hahaha misread that as North Ireland not island. My b. Still applies though to my limited understanding of the Queen's territories

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Proud Christian Mom posted:

The only group in Russia that isn't a bunch of drugged out alcoholics are the Muslims

They're just drug out by the alcoholics

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Current Events 3/17: battery fires and how to fight them

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ForeignPolicy/status/839974583381950467

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shyduck posted:

South Korea's president has been impeached.

https://nytimes.com/2017/03/09/world/asia/park-geun-hye-impeached-south-korea.amp.html

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

FrozenVent posted:

Has he ever explained why Obamacare was such a disaster?

He has, but it's an incoherent rambling mess of words that mean nothing but he uses the word disaster a lot so it must be true if he's saying it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

i'm goign to blow my brains out them with my RIBBONS ON UPSIDE DOWN

Is this a Sean Spicer cry for help?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
U.S. court voids 3 Texas congressional districts

quote:

A federal court panel late Friday invalidated three Republican-drawn congressional districts in Texas, including one in Travis County, for violating the U.S. Voting Rights Act.

However, in voiding the districts, drawn by the Texas Legislature in 2011, the panel did not mandate or discuss any remedies to correct the problems.

But the ruling has the potential to create more districts with larger populations of Latino voters, “and probably more Democratic districts, which would be good for Democrats in Texas, and also nationally,” said Michael Li, redistricting counsel at the nonpartisan Brennan Center for Justice at the New York University School of Law.

The panel, in a 2-1 ruling, said District 35 — held by U.S. Rep. Lloyd Doggett, D-Austin — was improperly drawn with race as the predominant factor to minimize the number of Democrat districts and to attempt to unseat Doggett by boosting the Hispanic population, making it more likely that voters would choose a Latino candidate.

“The political motive does not excuse or negate that use of race; rather, the use of race is ultimately problematic for precisely that reason — because of their political motive, they intentionally drew a district based on race in a location where such use of race was not justified by a compelling state interest,” the ruling said.

By drawing Doggett’s district with a majority Hispanic population extending into San Antonio, the Republican-controlled Legislature was able to “create the facade of complying” with the Voting Rights Act while eliminating an existing Democratic district, the panel ruled.

The panel also invalidated Districts 23, held by U.S. Rep. Will Hurd, R-Helotes, and 27, which includes southern Bastrop County and is held by U.S. Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Corpus Christi.

The court action in the long-delayed case will have a far-reaching effect. By requiring the three districts to be redrawn, the judges’ order will change the lines on an undetermined number of nearby districts.

Looking at Hurd’s district, the judges determined that the Texas Legislature drew its lines to manipulate Latino voter turnout with “the intent and effect of diluting Latino voter opportunity.”

“Defendants’ decision to place Nueces County Hispanic voters in an Anglo district had the effect and was intended to dilute their opportunity to elect their candidate of choice,” said the 196-page ruling, including a dissent by Justice Jerry Smith.

Friday’s order also said that plaintiffs who challenged the map had proved that the Legislature intentionally diluted votes “through packing and cracking” District 26 in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. The order, however, mentioned nothing about invalidating that district, most likely because it had been redrawn in 2013 and the court panel was assessing the legality of the 2011 map, Li said.

The order also did not specify how the invalidated maps should be corrected, but normal practice would be to have the Texas Legislature redraw the congressional lines, Li said.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton also could ask the U.S. Supreme Court to overturn the order, Li said.

Paxton also could ask the panel to halt the effect of its ruling while the appeal proceeded. If denied, Texas also could ask the Supreme Court to stay the ruling.

“Tonight is a victory for the voting rights of all Texans,” Gilberto Hinojosa, chairman of the Texas Democratic Party, said Friday. “Republicans have ensured that the dark days of discrimination in Texas continue to loom, but the sun will soon shine. In time, justice prevails.”

I had meant to grab only a little bit of it but goddamn, it's nice to have some decent news for a change

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Hell yeah the first health crisis is at hand! Time to play through The Last of Us again

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

orange juche posted:

I bet trump puts ketchup on hot dogs like a heathen.

Do you not? I'm a firm believer of every topping offered goes on a hot dog.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Reverand maynard posted:

At this point I fully expect Scott Pruitt and Rick Perry to reintroduce operation ploughshare but for fracking

That was Project Gasbuggy

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Zuckerman 2020 :downsgun:

http://www.salon.com/2017/03/12/we-picked-the-wrong-billionaire-the-case-for-mark-zuckerberg-2020/

You loving mark my words, the dem ticket will be between Zuckerman and Oprah in 2020

Is there some funny thing to change his name to Zuckerman instead of Zuckerberg?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Everyone mocked it for being dumb and shallow as hell but if Trump starts constructing a space station for the ultra rich we'll officially be in the Elysium timeline

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Third World Reggin posted:

rachael maddow at times sounds like she is doing the davinci code

It's the news as directed by Christopher Nolan

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Third World Reggin posted:

expect this to end in about 2 minutes

Goddamn right on the money

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Lmao

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/841833345604583424

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Current event: it's so cold I can't feel my balls. Winter you're a cruel bitch. It was +18 2 weeks ago and now it's -24 global warming my rear end

You're confusing climate with weather, partner

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I wasn't being serious im just salty as gently caress that early spring isn't going to be early and I bet it sticks around 0 until May again.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/kenbensinger/how-donald-trumps-enemies-fell-for-a-billion-dollar-hoax?utm_term=.qabz5RlWX#.mh9E246rm

We're playing into white house hand

I know you weren't. I just enjoy the cowboy that caths

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Jesus Christ, what is wrong with this goddamn country :negative:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ReebTop posted:

I missed something, I think. What was this in reference to, again?

Montenegro. Russia tried pulling a coup there

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

did obama's press sec have daily conferences like this? man the executive branch was a lot more boring six months ago.

Daily is the norm

E: and the AP is supposed to call the end of the press conference

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

gently caress you

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Casimir Radon posted:

I for one am glad that somewhere out there somebody is willing to catelog and analyze anything you can think of. So long as it doesn't turn into that Silent Hill wiki circumcision thing.

People film themselves eating and critiquing MREs and upload those videos to YouTube. I'm almost certain there's someone out there who does that and also has strong feelings about circumcision.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/842800856768512001

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

Sorry to quote myself, but loving holy poo poo they cancelled the meeting.

https://twitter.com/pbpost/status/842889255823294464

What's the Marvel CEO going to do for dinner now?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

LMAO https://twitter.com/PeteSessions/status/843160791184490498

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Two Finger posted:

is there a figure for how much america spends on welfare annually?

Not enough

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Trump will repeat this on Wednesday

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Uhhh we haven't been looking at Twitter while we're in here. Amazing.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TBeats posted:

What I'm reading from Trump supporters is that Comey didn't say Obama didn't have surveillance on trump, he just said Obama didn't tap his wires.

That's an admission of Obama's guilt if you ask me

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shyduck posted:

Tomi will have a show on Fox News by the end of the year.

Is she the one that memorized airplanes and where they were flying for some reason?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kuroyama posted:

She's the next generation of conservative FYGM nay-sayers. May have hate-hosed Trevor Noah.

Ahhh, I got her mixed up with Katrina Pierson

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
The irony of the Freedom Caucus saving the ACA is incredible and I hope it isn't lost to its members

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

shame on an IGA posted:

The endgame for NK is China glassing everyone to head off a refugee crisis

Ftfy

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

ded posted:

:siren:BREAKING NEWS:siren:

Trump is an rear end in a top hat.

What did he do now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nuclear Tourist posted:

Well, that's one thing I have to give the Republicans, they consistently throw more money at NASA than Democratic administrations.

So long as they don't do research on climate change

• Locked thread