Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

yo, the queen sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/837137235908657154

https://twitter.com/whignewtons/status/837159285792600066

quote:

At his Jan. 10 Judiciary Committee confirmation hearing, Sessions was asked by Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) what he would do if he learned of any evidence that anyone affiliated with the Trump campaign communicated with the Russian government in the course of the 2016 campaign.

“I’m not aware of any of those activities,” he responded. He added: “I have been called a surrogate at a time or two in that campaign and I did not have communications with the Russians.”"

In January, Sen. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) asked Sessions for answers to written questions. “Several of the President-elect’s nominees or senior advisers have Russian ties. Have you been in contact with anyone connected to any part of the Russian government about the 2016 election, either before or after election day?” Leahy wrote.

Sessions responded with one word: “No.”

I suppose it depends what your definition of "Russian" is.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I'm probably in an outrage-fueled fever dream, but I would love to see a RICO suit thrown at the Trump campaign/administration over this poo poo.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

This is going to end up like Clue: The Movie with Paul Ryan running around all over the Capitol explaining how everything happened and everybody's guilty of murder.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Guys

Donald J. Trump Presidential Library

:psypop:

The first Presidential library entirely in Viewmaster format.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/justinjm1/status/837373876581580801

PISSTAPE PISSTAPE PISSTAPE

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

he just said that the white house doesn't know ethics rules :rolleyes:

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-ethics-white-house-235586

Gee, I wonder why.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/837413733693550592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

I feel like this video should be immortalized for how unbelievable it is.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

This is my biggest issue with the media right now, especially regarding Trump. Everything is an anonymous source and very little in the way of concrete evidence is being offered up.

Actual sources would lead to those sources being immediately fired and their corresponding agencies put under even more of a microscope, likely leading to the loss of other sources (be they leakers on the Trump administration or actual intelligence sources).

Everything being leaked and published right now is being done so carefully with respect to sources and methods, which is a breath of fresh air when compared to Snowden and Manning.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

VikingSkull posted:

The thing is they didn't give two shits when it was Snowden and Manning so I still have no reason to believe the media has anything resembling integrity now. Maybe it's because I skew older than most of you guys, I was jaded and cynical years ago and I don't believe a word of what the press or either political party says, I need evidence.

Snowden and Manning I believed because the evidence was right there, and no one denied it was accurate. Same with the content of the DNC leaks, there was documentation and no one denied it.

As far as "shadowy person says this, therefor it is true", well, meh, we'll see.

You're absolutely justified in being suspicious of all of this and not taking it immediately as the gospel truth. Ultimately, the media is concerned with getting your eyeballs onto their words so they can justify their existence to advertisers and make money. Holding the powers-that-be accountable is secondary to that, and it's sort of a happy coincidence that the two are lining up right now.

There's a lot of smoke and no fire right now. Whether that's because there's a lot of people making up bullshit and having it accepted, a lot of people leaking poo poo out of political revenge, or because stirring the pot is the one way to get the public pissed off enough to start forcing Congress (i.e, the one body who can actually do anything about this) to actually do their jobs and investigate remains to be seen.

As far as there not being any concrete evidence of anything, consider the following: The House of Representatives has already said they're not going to investigate or hold anyone accountable for any of the Russia stuff so far, and there's nothing to suggest that it's on anything other than a partisan basis. Similarly, the FBI is not providing any answers to any questions that the Democratic members on the House Intelligence Committee have. You can view this in a few lights.

A: "Okay, the GOP doesn't want to hold anyone accountable and the FBI under Comey is complicit in this"
B: "This is one gigantic pile of nothing and nothing's going to come of it"
C: Comedy :tinfoil: option of "Comey's not saying poo poo to anyone because he needs to keep everything tightly under wraps because of who's involved"
D: Fill in your own here.

There are some people are going to think this is a partisan witch hunt up until there's a literal video involving Trump, Putin, hookers, and piss, and they're likely the same people who are going to unfailingly support Trump. What needs to happen is that these connections to Russia need to be investigated by someone outside of the executive and legislative branch, and currently, the number of Americans supporting investigation into this is growing with each new story.

If the Trump administration is actually innocent and can prove that this is a partisan witch hunt, it would be the single greatest advantage Trump could ask for because then there's clear proof that the media/intelligence community/everybody outside of his inner circle and Breitbart are out to get him, and that will sway millions more people than nebulous "A senior official said a thing..." accusations ever will.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Is 28 past the date of expiration for Russian brides?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Number Ten Cocks posted:

That's nice. Are you saying they made up their FOIA results?

Right wing news source reports on thing that no left wing news source will cover because it undermines left wing policy. "LOL, that's a right wing news source, tell me when the NYT reports on something that will piss the masses off about women in the military!" Ok, then.

Gee, I wonder what major political event could be happening that's giving servicemembers the heebie-jeebies and encouraging them to get the gently caress out of either the military or anything that could become an active combat zone.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Women being allowed into the military.

A shame the award winning journalism of the Daily Caller didn't report on the unprecedented swell of reenlistments across the military since January 20th.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Oh good, you can purge all of our posts so they don't become embarrassing attack ads during political primaries.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 6, 2017

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Godholio posted:

Wants taxes on robots.

one one oh oh one one oh

benoit hamon has got to go

:awesomelon:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/OKnox/status/838795080181907457

Scare quotes in an executive order. :downsbravo:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Missionary Positron posted:

Didn't this same administration plan to purge federal programs that specifically target violence against women?

I don't have proof exactly, but I could believe it.

The fact that there's no definition of "honor killings" aside from "gender-based violence against women" is troubling, because I guaran-loving-tee that domestic abuse isn't going to pop up on there unless the abuser is <insert non-white race>.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

FrozenVent posted:

If the US goes up against the EU, which side is Russia on?

Laughing all the way to the bank until someone blows up the oil pipelines.

quote:

Which side is Canada on? :ohdear:

Putting down a simultaneous secession of Alberta to the US and Quebec back to France.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Office Pig posted:

Never expect a genuine showing of ethics, morality, or otherwise redeeming human features from congressional republicans. Ever.

Ironically, this is the one thing currently saving the country: The GOP representatives are overwhelmingly results of the Tea Party wave, which means they've spent their entire careers saying no to everything. None of them know how to legislate beyond walking away from anything that isn't exactly what they want.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Also coincides with the upcoming French elections: Note the emphasis on skewing the French 2012 election and the references to activities in Europe.

Also, loving :lol: if you think that the analysis portion was written by anyone whose native tongue was English.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/toddzwillich/status/839208341733801986

Ooh, I wonder if the Republicans can effectively govern and pass a debt ceiling raise. :twisted:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

The Iron Rose posted:

Everything in that Wikipedia press release shows only that the CIA has their own TAO program, which is... fine? The CIA is an intelligence agency. Their job is to collect intelligence and to spy on foreign powers.

I'm pissed that the leaks happened in the first place, not that they had a big hacking program.

The whole point of this is to further delegitimize the intel agencies to the US public, with an added bonus of poking Europe and going "Hey, they spied on you and hosed with your elections, Russia doesn't do that".

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Handsome Ralph posted:

The funny thing is these idiots (Clarke, Flynn, etc) think Russia likes them and what not because of shared conservative values and genocidal thoughts on Islam.

I mean, even assuming that one day any of these useful idiots realizes how badly they've been used, I would love to see the looks on their faces at the exact moment they realize that they've been compromised.

They legitimately don't give a gently caress any more. Russia gives them money and attention, whereas the US laughs at and dismisses them.

It would not surprise me at all if they've managed to internalize being marginalized during the Obama years as "this entire country has gone bad, the people like me are the only ones who aren't bad and can save it".

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Two Finger posted:

Not inaccurate

Thanks elf dick heads you flooded half the country to save one hobbit

:sad:

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

You're probably swapping things around there. The Tea Party and tribal politics is the HIV that's weakened poo poo enough for the ebola strain of Trump to take hold.

Ebola is virulent and deadly enough that it can kill faster than it can spread, which is fitting for the administration trying to jam as much bullshit through as fast as possible without any regard to "how".

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

if we did invade russia how long would it take to get Moscow

the invasion point will be sarah palin's house, since she can see russia from her backyard

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Bear in mind that Flynn's resignation and Session's recusing were all spurred on by a combination of White House leaks and non-classified journalism. An actual investigation by Congress, to say nothing of an independent prosecutor who gets access to any of the juicy classified details? That's going to dig up a whole lot more.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch. We still got 3.75 years

I don't want to start putting things into Friedman Units, but let's see how the Republicans deal with a healthcare bill that nobody wants to vote for and would severely hurt large portions of their rural working-class base if it passed. There's rumors that it may trigger another right-ward shift if it fails, simply because the Republicans have banged the "Repeal Obamacare" drum so much that they have to get rid of it if they don't want to be primaried out by frothing lunatics backed by SuperPAC money.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

TBeats posted:

serious question but how do you shift even more rightward than what they are now without just becoming full fledged nazis?

In terms of the American political landscape, you really don't. However, you also have to consider two things:

A: Not doing the big thing you said you would do paints a huge target on your back.

B: Voting with the Democrats on anything is treason to the Republican base, which leads to the cries of RINO, which leads to being primaried.

If the AHCA fails, Republicans are going to lose their minds even more.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Donald J Trump has singlehandedly increased employment by 235000 in Feb alone. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39233237

Maybe now you lieberal pinheads will give him a break and let him get on with making you Grate Again?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

I would be highly surprised if she actually voted no when the vote comes.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

BigDave posted:

Was that ever actually proven? I thought the source was 3rd-party hersey.

More proof for a piss tape than a wiretapping of Trump, honestly.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Laukanikos is an cool dog who helped defend protestors in Greece, but Monty is an actual cool dog that is owned by a goon and the GiP charity is better than the others anyway.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Nixon and Bush Senior were the last non-big business Republicans. The EPA would have never flown under Reagan because it's bad for business' bottom lines.

Trying to compare the parties of today to the parties of the LBJ/Nixon/Goldwater/McGovern era is like trying to compare Pink Floyd between the Syd Barrett/Roger Waters eras: They're entirely different animals with different focuses and lunatics in charge.

Goldwater stirred up enough conservatism within the Republican party to make Nixon look liberal by comparison, and even Goldwater was appalled at how quickly the Republicans embraced the holy roller Jesus warriors and started waging culture wars. The failure of McGovern was the end of liberal politics in the Democratic party until the current era, because that was the catalyst that gave rise to the Democrats being Republican-lite.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Zeris posted:

I think their search machines for checked bags are more extensive, whereas with carryon and passengers they're compromising between quicker searching that doesn't enrage passengers or airlines, and deeper searching to match what the latest THREAT ALERTS are saying (ie pat down 50 random grandmas per week).

It's also a pretty straightforward vote of confidence against the security systems in place at those airports.

They've done that before. I remember in 2012-ish, airports in the US had signs everywhere that any passengers from Venezuela (or some other South American country) had to be thoroughly rescreened in the US because they couldn't verify that people were being screened.

This looks more like a routine "Welp, we can't verify their security systems" thing and I expect that any attempt to fight this in court will go nowhere.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

One out of Humvee gets healthcare, one behind follows with GI bill. When the one with the healthcare gets killed, the one who is following picks up benefits and continues.

Gonna have to ask McNally how this plays out.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/844596708558430208

ffx_tidus_laugh_10_hour_mix.mp3

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Godholio posted:

Oh god, can you imagine if someone associated with this administration faced the death penalty for their political activities?

Sudden about-face by conservatives over the virtue and legality of the death penalty?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/844631030040596481

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

https://twitter.com/dnvolz/status/844631471411335168

https://twitter.com/braddjaffy/status/844633257446649857

Basically, we can't see the fire for all of the smoke.

• Locked thread