Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Reservists are only subject to UCMJ while in a military status.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

davecrazy posted:

He's as close to a moderate as the right gets at the moment. He's still a douche.

David Brooks?

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://www.facebook.com/TheHill/videos/10154710971379087/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

psydude posted:

Disagree. Baby boomers are the worst. Their parents literally saved the world from Nazis, and the boomers celebrated by demanding an expansion of government-funded benefits that they could take advantage of while destroying the economy and pulling the ladder up after them, leaving their kids to pay into systems that will no longer exist by the time they can theoretically benefit. They experienced Vietnam, and then subsequently elected three presidents who dodged the draft. One of these presidents went on to start two wars that did nothing but get their kids liquefied by IEDs. They completely destroyed the power of unions (conveniently after their pensions had already fully vested) and then forced everyone to go to college before they hired them, all the while defunding subsidies to public universities, resulting in an unprecedented debt to income ratio among college graduates.

All of this, and they have the audacity to call everyone younger than them entitled for asking for living wages and benefits? gently caress the baby boomers.

Truly the worst. It's incredibly infuriating to get lectured by some smug retired boomer about how worthless the Millennials are. They've been so successful at it that half of Millennials try and disassociate themselves with the term.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

My dad had an XT clone when I was a kid that I remember playing some SEGA game on, I learned to type on an Apple II and used them (and original Macs) extensively through middle school. Hell, I even had to learn about typing on an electric typewriter in high school in the late 90s. Other than that I remember dialing into a BBS once or twice and mostly growing up on AOL circa 1995.

The earliest newsworthy event I remember is Desert Shield/Storm, so I suppose that puts me solidly in the older Millennial camp.

• Locked thread