Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

KildarX posted:

What is this day 50 something? Was obama's first x amount of days that exciting? I vaguely remember him closing git mo and then finding out it's kinda more complex than that and not really anything else.

He and Geithner oversaw the implementation of TARP. That was super important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

While I hope all that is true, and more importantly, it leads to the removal of the Trump adminstration, I'm not getting my hopes up. So far, Trump and Co are Teflon.

Yep. As of right now, the whole thing is just a conspiracy theory. A conspiracy theory that's being aggressively pursued by a lot of people, but a conspiracy nontheless.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Okay, I'm a total fetal alcohol syndrome baby who is incapable of reading between the lines on the Trump/Russia connection. What's the consensus? Is there something big lurking under there, or is this going to be a huge nothing scandal? More importantly, with what we've seen so far, what's the most banal and innocuous scenario for Trump's people contacting Russian officials throughout the campaign? Were they working on a business deal or something?

Basically, tell me what the most plausible and innocent explanation for this whole thing is. Otherwise, I'm inclined to believe the conspiracy.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/837792207562244096

So here are some ideas --

Boring Outcome: Trump is a retard braggart and forgets all about this after jacking off all weekend long at Mar a lago.

Comedic Outcome: Initiates an investigation, dick-all comes of it.

Not-so-comedic Outcome: jails every single member of the Democratic party at the federal level and kicks off Civil War 2: Nuclear Boogaloo.

Likely outcome: It's a TTT (Trump Twitter Tantrum) and he's not going to do anything about it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

suboptimal posted:

What the hell is he going on about now? Is this some sort of batshit theory that's been running on Fox News or does he not understand that the IC would monitor calls made by foreign diplomats? :psyduck:

He might be talking about the FISA warrants which were filed in the Summer, and granted sometime in October. https://heatst.com/world/exclusive-fbi-granted-fisa-warrant-covering-trump-camps-ties-to-russia/amp/
Though the FISA warrant only covered four individuals on the campaign. Is it weird, though. Why bring this up now? Is he seriously just learning about the FISA warrants now, or is this some new conspiracy thing? It's real weird, y'all.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

Please continue condomtalk or whatever, but this tweet is just so good about Donnie's early morning meltdown:

https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/838077630964465667

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/838082107591307264

Is anyone surprised? Like, actually surprised?

I mean, where a regular, sane president would call up the FBI director and say "Hey Jimmy, what's the deal here?", he instead decides to accuse the previous president of highly illegal electioneering. This whole situation is just so goddamn bizarre but at this point I'm not surprised.

Twitter should just o ahead and ban his account. If he wants to loving tweet, do it through @POTUS

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Have you guys thought about just giving Donald J Trump a chance at being president? Maybe things will all work out fine.

If he does good then we do good! :downs:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It's a Buzzfeed article, but bear with me here. The National Parks Service released official photos of Trump's inauguration from multiple angles, as well as Obama's 2009 inauguration. https://www.buzzfeed.com/jasonaleop...jw1e#.ucM0VRBYL

As any sane person could've told you on the day of the initial controversy, the results were not even close.

Trump

Obama

Trump from the Washington monument

Obama from the Washington monument

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
The folks at r/the_donald are in an absolute tizzy over this Vault 7 stuff. Basically, every suspicious death in the last 10 years has been the result of CIA hacking. Also, they now believe that the CIA engineered the purported Russian collusion in the election and is now trying to tie it to Trump.

Basically it's just an extension of the Infowars forums at this point.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

shyduck posted:

South Korea's president has been impeached.

Bet her shaman didn't see THAT coming

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Let us not forget that this happens next monday

https://twitter.com/JakeLaperruque/status/839224738971062278

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

You're a good man, Cole.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Does anyone have a running list of celebrities that Trump has picked a fight with?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I got to see both Little Richard and Chuck Berry live. Some of the best experiences I had as a kid. How many other R&B legends are still alive?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Mr. Nice! posted:

Regarding the President's claims via twitter that he was wiretapped, the FBI and DOJ have flat out said that there is nothing there.

"Mr. Secretary, revealing classified info is illegal, right? Like, super illegal? And that's really bad isn't it? Being illegal and all."

EDIT: Comey now being asked to comment on tweets

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

The vote is on Thursday, isn't it?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

This guy looks like a loving jerk

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

That's what makes it more plausible, imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

facialimpediment posted:

Comey announced yesterday that he had a secret twitter account.

Gizmodo then reverse-engineered his poo poo, plus information from his family and likely found the account.

http://gizmodo.com/this-is-almost-certainly-james-comey-s-twitter-account-1793843641

RIP @projectexile7

drat. That's some really good sleuthing.

• Locked thread