Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
wow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
if Spicer has said "100% false" regarding Sessions stuff then it's a done deal

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
4000 copies of "The Art of the Deal" and "Mein Kampf" or whichever hitler book his ex-wife testified was on his nightstand

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is the Sessions thing streaming anywhere?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB8f8KVzy8s

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
straight up denial within 10 seconds so theres that, as much as I figured it would be

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
oh well he'll recuse himself :effort:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
he just said that the white house doesn't know ethics rules :rolleyes:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
everyone knows that it's very obvious but he said it as an answer as to why Trump and all said that he shouldn't recuse himself. It's just kind of funny that it's an acceptable defense.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
drat I haven't heard Orientals used that way in like 20 years lol

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man you can call NK a lot of things, but “greatest immediate threat” is a loving joke

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LingcodKilla posted:

It is once we stick our dick in it.

No arguments there, haha. It would make Iraq/Afganistan look like child's play probably, and RIP Seoul and its 20 mil inhabitants

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

I was reading the CNN version of that earlier and it was basically "she laughs at my jokes"

which honestly is a huge thing as silly it is

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837491607171629057

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/837492425283219458

if you done nothing wrong you got nothing to hide so don't worry about a witch hunt don!

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
The cool thing we know for sure about the raid is like a whole bunch of toddlers died and poo poo :thumbsup:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I can't wait until the Charlie lifestyle from Sunny becomes whimsical and something we dream about achieving. Cans of cat food and a pull out couch/bed with my best buddy playing night crawlers together

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
somebody please come to Idaho and play nightcrawlers with me :kiddo:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I love knight croolers!

you whooooer

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

4 or 5 of those dudes probably gonna end up getting shot ED209 style by a AAA gun in the next year, lol.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

the picture in that wapo article lmao.

The scotch tape will never not be funny to me

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Gobbeldygook posted:

We've collectively forgotten what utter children some of our previous presidents were. Bush Sr.:

"President Bush declared today that he never, ever, wants to see another sprig of broccoli on his plate, whether he is on Air Force One or at the White House or anywhere else in the land.

''I do not like broccoli,'' the President said, responding to queries about a broccoli ban he has imposed aboard Air Force One, first reported this week in U.S. News and World Report. ''And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States, and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli!''"

oh yeah totally the same thing, thank you for taking the time to give us perspective.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I have a no meatloaf rule in my life I guess I'm as bad as trump, makes you think a bit

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

cowboy elvis posted:

Not even going to pretend that if I were president, the kitchen staff would keep like three Tombstone pizzas on hand at all times.

if I was somehow elected president today I would somehow work into a speach "I LOVE TOTINOS" like the fat kid in that commercial first thing IDGAF

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sorry man I"m not drunk enough and keep hopping back and forth between the forums and hZD

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

will u marry me girl in picture

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
plz post more "jewish girl big tits"

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
that picture is literally the second result, and also the first SFW image of "jewish girl big tits" on gis

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
PC master race smugging it up over here because long text doesn't crash my browser

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i've never read the john galt thing past "who is john galt?"

i've spent more time looking at big titty jew chicks than reading that

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
i know its hours old news but seeing this pop up on CNN made me laugh

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

lmao that trump poo poo is catching up 2 tour disabled veterans in his poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Uhhh

http://fortune.com/2017/03/04/trump-wiretapping-fbi-warrent/

quote:

Donald Trump’s latest series of tweets, which allege the Obama administration “had my ‘wires tapped’ in Trump Tower just before the victory,” have been widely described as baseless. But, while it may not be true that the Obama White House directly orchestrated a plot to monitor the Trump campaign—indeed, Obama has refuted the allegations—Trump’s claims are loosely based on existing evidence that the FBI was doing so as part of an investigation into Trump staffers’ alleged ties to Russia.

Interpreting Trump's tweets often involves figuring out what was on conservative media the night or hour before. In this case, several observers have tagged a Thursday night broadcast by conservative talk radio host Mark Levin, or a Friday summary of the broadcast on Brietbart News, as possible sources. (If true, this would represent an expansion of Trump’s usual cable-TV-heavy information diet).

Levin and Breitbart’s thesis is that the Obama administration used “police state” tactics to undermine Trump, a claim rooted, though a little loosely, in existing reporting. The Guardian has reported that the FBI applied for a Foreign Intelligence Service Act (FISA) warrant last summer to monitor members of the Trump campaign, but was denied in its initial attempt. Last November, former British MP and openly anti-Trump journalist Louise Mensch reported that the FBI had succeeded in its second request for a FISA warrant, which was later confirmed by the BBC.
Such a warrant would only have been granted if the FBI—not the Obama administration—was able to convince a judge that the Trump campaign had credible links to a foreign power.

The key distinction is that this was an FBI investigation, not an order from the White House itself. Commenting on this morning’s tweets, an Obama spokesman told the New York Times that “no White House official ever interfered with any independent investigation led by the Department of Justice.” FBI Director James Comey downplayed the existence of such an investigation at the time, perhaps explaining Trump's having just learned about the efforts.
The roots of the FISA warrant were themselves odd. According to both Mensch and the BBC, they centered on a server in Trump Tower found last Spring to have been communicating with Russia’s Alfa Bank, itself reportedly with strong ties to Vladimir Putin. The FBI reportedly came to conclude that the communications were likely innocuous.
One thing that is painfully clear in all of this is the widely divergent frames that can be put around a set of events. Where Trump’s critics see a legal investigation into foreign influence, he (and presumably his supporters) see a “McCarthyist” abuse of power of the same criminal stripe as the Watergate break-in.Only one of those interpretations can be right.

Trump self owning himself again with Russian poo poo

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
also, who wants to be that comey is gone by the end of the week?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Handsome Ralph posted:

Any other pol would be smart enough to not touch Comey but if Trump tries to get him to resign or fall on his sword...Ohhhh boy, that will not go over well for him in the long run.

Hehehe what a time to be alive. I hope the new travel ban drops today.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Piell posted:

Spicer says Trump will not accept a result from Congress on the wiretapping that he doesn't like.

:catstare:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

KildarX posted:

What?it'd be more surprising if he did.

true, it's just crazy when you think about it is all

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
"I'm going to let the tweet speak for itself"

:barf:

One day I can't wait until Spicers head just explodes

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Surely President Trump can do some of his famous wheeling and dealing and save these 1100 jobs!

http://money.cnn.com/2017/03/06/news/companies/gm-layoffs/index.html

quote:

General Motors is laying off 1,100 workers in Michigan -- the fourth layoff it's announced since November.

The company is eliminating the third shift at its Lansing Delta Township plant, which makes three SUVs built on the same platform -- the Chevrolet Traverse, the Buick Enclave and the GMC Acadia. But the new version of the Acadia is being built on a smaller platform, so production of that car moved to a Spring Hill, Tenn., plant last summer.

There are currently 3,144 workers at the Lansing plant. The workers who are keeping their jobs are pretty safe -- the company just invested $583 million in the plant to make the new generation of Traverses and Enclaves there.

GM has been scaling back production and employment due to lower U.S. sales.

In November, GM said it was eliminating the third shift at the nearby Lansing Grand River plant, as well as at the Lordstown Ohio plant. Those layoffs, which were the first U.S. job cuts announced by GM since 2010, took place in late January.

Then in December it announced plans to eliminate the third shift at its only remaining facility within Detroit city limits -- the Detroit Hamtramck plant.
The four rounds of layoffs will cut a total of 4,400 jobs. The company employed 105,000 as of the end of last year. However, GM still has more U.S. employees now than it did in 2015, when it employed 97,000 workers.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

quote:

Trump University Lawsuits May Not Be Closed After All
President Trump’s postelection agreement to pay $25 million appeared to settle the fraud claims arising from his defunct for-profit education venture, Trump University. But a former student is now asking to opt out of the settlement, a move that, if permitted, could put the deal in jeopardy.

Lawyers for the student, Sherri Simpson of Fort Lauderdale, Fla., on Monday asked a federal judge in San Diego to reject the settlement unless former students are given an opportunity to be excluded from the deal so they can sue Mr. Trump individually.

If the judge, Gonzalo Curiel, decides that Ms. Simpson and potentially others should have that chance, legal experts say it could disrupt the settlement because Mr. Trump and his lawyers saw the deal as a way to resolve all of the claims, once and for all, to avoid a trial and distractions to his presidency.

“If even one person could opt out of the settlement and force a trial, that might, in fact, crater the deal,” said Shaun Martin, a professor at the University of San Diego School of Law. “I’m sure Judge Curiel will be aware of that.”

The agreement, announced in November, appeared to resolve years of hotly contested litigation, including two federal class-action cases in San Diego and a separate suit by Eric T. Schneiderman, the New York attorney general. Students maintained that they were cheated out of tuition through high-pressure sales tactics and misleading claims about what they would learn. At one point during the contentious case, Mr. Trump questioned Judge Curiel’s impartiality based on his Mexican heritage.

Mr. Trump, who has rejected the claims and did not acknowledge fault in the settlement, posted on Twitter after the settlement announcement that the only downside of his winning the presidency was that it meant he “did not have the time to go through a long but winning trial on Trump U.”

Patrick Coughlin, a lawyer representing the class-action plaintiffs, said that it was a “terrific settlement” and that the objection seemed “politically motivated.” He said he feared that the objection could result in delays for students who have waited years to get money back. “She could have excluded herself before and pursued her own litigation,” he said. “That time passed.”

Lawyers for Mr. Trump did not respond to messages seeking comment.

Monday is the deadline for students to file claims to participate in the settlement, or object to it — as in the case of Ms. Simpson.

Her lawyers argue that a notice sent to students about the class-action lawsuits in 2015 left the impression that they could later request to be excluded from a settlement, but that opportunity was not afforded to them in the agreement.

“There was precious little reason to exercise the right to opt out at that juncture” in 2015, wrote one of Ms. Simpson’s lawyers, Gary Friedman of New York, in the objection filed on Monday. “The case was barreling towards trial, by all accounts.”

Carl Tobias, a professor at the University of Richmond School of Law, said that Judge Curiel would probably give the objection serious consideration, but that he would have to weigh it against “substantial pressure to hold the deal together.”

“A lot of work has gone into this, and people are generally satisfied all around,” Mr. Tobias said.

Plaintiffs’ lawyers have said that they would waive their fees and that they expected roughly 7,000 former students to recover half to all of what they spent on courses.

If they are allowed, it is not clear how many former students may seek to opt out.

In 2010, Ms. Simpson — a lawyer who spoke out about her Trump University experience during last year’s campaign — paid $1,495 for a three-day seminar, in which she said instructors pressured her to sign up for the $35,000 “Gold Elite” program under the premise that she would have access to the “resources of Mr. Trump and his real estate organization,” she wrote in a sworn statement. She split the fee with another student, spending about $19,000 in total, Mr. Friedman said.

But she soon grew dissatisfied when promises went unfulfilled. She wrote, “The Gold Elite program was a scam.”
https://nyti.ms/2n75f0V

I mean it's nothing but one can hope that Trump gets further humiliated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Maybe I'm dumb but isn't Rand Paul one of the people that will only be satisfied with zero health care, repeal only type poo poo?

I get all my Rand Pauls, Paul Ryan, Ayn Rands, and Ron Pauls ideas mixed up

• Locked thread