Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

Mr. Nice! posted:

the HFC is the house version of Ted Cruz. They only no how to say no and are the reason John Boehner got the boot for Paul Ryan. They are the inmates running the asylum.

Busted for drunkposting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Reverand maynard posted:

I really wish the military would get rid of all the bullshit medals. Unless its a campaign medal that you took part in combat of a valor award it doesn't loving matter.

Maybe they can do it like Disney did with Star Wars extended universe. Only a few basic types of medals will remain canon and the majority aka useless lovely ones are classified as military 'legends', exiled to discussions in the smoke pit.

Zeris fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Mar 31, 2017

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

And just like the Star Wars wiki is full of novel length explanations on the horse race from planet dix, the military legends wiki is just ERBs and AAM citations

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Sergg posted:

Narcissism is almost impossible to treat because the afflicted will never view themselves as a narcissist and, if ordered to seek therapy, will believe themselves smarter and better than the therapist and not needing any change. It's caused by having poo poo self-esteem deep down, so they delude themselves into the lie that they are actually their ideal self instead of their real self. It's an ego protection mechanism and anything at all that puts up a mirror to their imperfections is viciously attacked and must be destroyed. They develop obsessions with enemies and allies and you are either one or the other to them. They also need a constant supply of adulation so they surround themselves with yes-men and grandstand to get attention and validation (narcissistic supply). To them, the most important quality is loyalty, not truth.

If you scan their brains, they also have less gray matter in the left anterior insula and the area of the prefrontal cortex that processes empathy/compassion. This means their cognitive function and emotional regulation are already compromised. They also have unusually high activity in a region of the brain associated with self-directed thinking. There's also increased activity in the part of the frontal cortex that does impulse control, which actually corresponds to more impulsive behavior. Like they have so many crazy impulses to do stupid and destructive poo poo that it is overloading their self-control mechanisms.

Think about how terrifying your own internal monologue is then multiply that by several times in a brain that lacks empathy and compassion for others and is obsessed with the self.

The worst part of this is narcissists in a post-woke (kill me) world who learn the codes and shibboleths of performative empathy who use politeness and helpfulnesses for their own benefit; when you find out eventually - as you will - it's a double betrayal, or letdown.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

facialimpediment posted:

I follow this twitter account just for the "overheard at the Pentagon" quotes.

https://twitter.com/nancyayoussef/status/848887147222507520

The irony being that some pentagon brat is trying to one-up the kush

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Is this a good time to buy a VPN service or is this too hosed even for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

someone do april

• Locked thread