Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I want to believe :fap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Victor Vermis posted:

It also included a giant folder of deployment smut. The 3 female marines who managed to get a kiddie pool into their can was probably the most memorable set of pics & videos from that folder. The kiddie pool was empty. They used it to contain the torrents of piss they were blasting on each other. Marines are loving gross.

What is it with military culture that brings out just the weirdest poo poo in people :wtc:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/838770207892127744?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Ahahahah :suicide:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Pesticide20 posted:

Has Trump denounced the latest missile test from the DPRK yet? Even a statement like "KJU bad, me good" would be better than nothing

Come on, give him a break. Dude just had a really rough round of golfing during the weekend :(

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Didn't this same administration plan to purge federal programs that specifically target violence against women? I guess good ol' domestic, 'Murican sexual violence and assault is just peachy :angel:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Mar 6, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

haha come the gently caress on, for real?

Come on, you should know better by now. This is the Worst Timeline:

quote:

President-elect Donald Trump’s incoming administration is working on plans to make “dramatic cuts” in funding for initiatives to end violence against women, as well as for federal arts and humanities programs, according to a report from The Hill published on Thursday morning.

http://europe.newsweek.com/donald-trump-violence-against-women-federal-funding-budget-cuts-544710?rm=eu

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/journorosa/status/838815925235232769

uh :stare:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
someone help, I cant stop posting:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Continuing the theme of Europe and defense:

quote:

Fearing U.S. Withdrawal, Europe Considers Its Own Nuclear Deterrent

BERLIN — An idea, once unthinkable, is gaining attention in European policy circles: a European Union nuclear weapons program.

Under such a plan, France’s arsenal would be repurposed to protect the rest of Europe and would be put under a common European command, funding plan, defense doctrine, or some combination of the three. It would be enacted only if the Continent could no longer count on American protection.

Though no new countries would join the nuclear club under this scheme, it would amount to an unprecedented escalation in Europe’s collective military power and a drastic break with American leadership.

Analysts say that the talk, even if it never translates into action, demonstrates the growing sense in Europe that drastic steps may be necessary to protect the postwar order in the era of a Trump presidency, a resurgent Russia and the possibility of an alignment between the two.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/06/...pe=sectionfront

Granted, the chances of an independent European nuclear deterrent happening are minimal but as the article points out, it's pretty crazy that the chances are no longer 0%.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

KildarX posted:

Because I don't think they trust that don man and the executive branch aren't Russian puppets/patsys?

Pretty much this. The US is no longer seen as a reliable ally, which is pretty terrifying.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/_cingraham/status/838874217852567552

:lol:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/20committee/status/838991001846956032

Taking that with a big heaping bowl of salt but still :discourse:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Genocide Tendency posted:

Ethics aside, because frankly going after the press in that manner is wrong and we all understand that, doesn't this break laws or at least pose a major security threat. Working with Russian intel to undermine the press would require authorizing them to operate in the US. Which basically green lights espionage. Right?

♪Hello treason, my old friend♪

I doubt that there is a single person (who already isn't a mole or otherwise compromised) in the American IC who would go along with this, so any green lighting from the administration would be a technicality at best. A treasonous one, for sure, but still a technicality considering that counter intelligence is (supposedly) already aware of it.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Two Finger posted:

About half of my facebook feed apparently. They are also arguing that America has had its turn in charge and Russia would do a better job.

As someone who lives in a country bordering Russia, those people are full of poo poo. Russia brings nothing but corruption, misery, and bloodshed in every single place they get a dominant position at.

Shame really, Russian people and culture are pretty rad. It's just that the Russian state is a pile of burning medical waste.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

someones gotta provide the josh hartnetts for the eric banas to say empty platitudes to

speaking of blackhawk down:

:patriot:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

What is this from? I want to read it.

Reel Power: Hollywood Cinema and American Supremacy by Matthew Alford. The author should really do a revised edition that includes American Snypa, because holy poo poo did that movie fit the book's thesis completely.

EDIT 2: If you're interested in academic writing about war literature in general, definitely check out War, Literature & the Arts. It's a journal published by the US Air Force's Department of English. The fact that the US Air Force has an English department caused me to do a double take the first time I noticed the publisher, because :wtc:

Missionary Positron fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 8, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
rip in peace, america. It is now only a matter of time until F-22s start falling out of the skies:

“Qaher F-313, Tehran’s homemade stealth jet, in final production stage” Iran’s Defense Minister claims

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

The leading intellectual mind of the GOP, ladies and gentlemen.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

quote:

North Korea Is Practicing for Nuclear War

North Korea isn’t testing its missiles. It’s preparing for a nuclear first strike.

[...]
This time, North Korea launched four “extended-range” Scud missiles that are capable of flying up to 620 miles. The map showed all four missiles landing on an arc that stretched down to the Marine Corps Air Station near Iwakuni, Japan. Once again, the North Korean statement doesn’t leave much to the imagination: “Involved in the drill were Hwasong artillery units of the KPA (Korean People’s Army) Strategic Force tasked to strike the bases of the U.S. imperialist aggressor forces in Japan in contingency.”

So why is North Korea practicing nuking U.S. forces in Japan?

The United States and South Korea are conducting their largest annual joint military exercise, known as Foal Eagle. The exercise, which is really a series of exercises, lasts two months and involves tens of thousands of U.S. and South Korean military personnel, as well as an aircraft carrier, bombers, and — guess what? — F-35 aircraft based out of Iwakuni. Foal Eagle is a rehearsal for the U.S.-Republic of Korea war plan, known as OPLAN 5015, which has been described as a pre-emptive strike against North Korea, including its leadership, as a retaliation for some provocation. Whether that’s a fair description or not, the North Koreans certainly think the annual exercise is a dress rehearsal for an invasion. This year’s menu of fun and games reportedly includes a U.S.-ROK special operations unit practicing an airborne assault on North Korea’s nuclear and missile facilities.
:getin:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/03/09/north-korea-is-practicing-for-nuclear-war/

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/MattWilsonCSS/status/840033747286265856

:dogbutton:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

quote:

How US nuclear force modernization is undermining strategic stability: The burst-height compensating super-fuze

The US nuclear forces modernization program has been portrayed to the public as an effort to ensure the reliability and safety of warheads in the US nuclear arsenal, rather than to enhance their military capabilities. In reality, however, that program has implemented revolutionary new technologies that will vastly increase the targeting capability of the US ballistic missile arsenal. This increase in capability is astonishing—boosting the overall killing power of existing US ballistic missile forces by a factor of roughly three—and it creates exactly what one would expect to see, if a nuclear-armed state were planning to have the capacity to fight and win a nuclear war by disarming enemies with a surprise first strike.

Because of improvements in the killing power of US submarine-launched ballistic missiles, those submarines now patrol with more than three times the number of warheads needed to destroy the entire fleet of Russian land-based missiles in their silos.
US submarine-based missiles can carry multiple warheads, so hundreds of others, now in storage, could be added to the submarine-based missile force, making it all the more lethal.

http://thebulletin.org/how-us-nuclear-force-modernization-undermining-strategic-stability-burst-height-compensating-super10578

Uh... wow :stare:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

aphid_licker posted:

Doesn't that ignore the missiles the Russians have driving around in those huge trucks? Or was that a Cold War thing they don't do anymore?

Yeah, they still have road mobile ICBM launchers. I guess the article's idea of a surprise first strike is a scenario in which the launchers are still in their bases and not yet dispersed .

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

devmd01 posted:

That scenario is in the article...nuke an entire 800 square mile forest to ensure you get all of em. Hail Satan.

I think you mean 8000 square miles:

quote:

To destroy or expose the remaining launchers, United States planners would have the nuclear forces needed to undertake truly scorched-earth tactics: Just 125 US Minuteman III warheads could set fire to some 8,000 square miles of forest area where the road-mobile missiles are most likely to be deployed. This would be the equivalent of a circular area with a diameter of 100 miles.

:getin:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

Since I post too much serious poo poo, here's a story of a Rhode Island guy that visited Florida as a tourist, got drunk, and became Florida Man.

https://twitter.com/LizetteNYT/status/840551831981969409

It turns out the real Florida Man was inside all of us the whole time.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

From a gazillion rumor sources, it looks like the pain train arrives at 4pm EST.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/841365298527764482

The GOP will just label it as nonsense, and say that CBO has never matter all that much and the bill continues on its merry way.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

facialimpediment posted:

A vibrator manufacturer got caught tracking their users and had to pay $4m to customers.

It's also controllable via Bluetooth and/or a cell phone app and the security is non-existant.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/mar/14/we-vibe-vibrator-tracking-users-sexual-habits

Maybe I'm turning into a luddite who doesn't get It Anymore, but I really don't understand why poo poo like vibrators, beds, and lamps need internet connectivity.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

poo poo, dude. you got me. i'm a total secret kink shamer irl who hates non vanilla sex havers with the white hot intensity of the sun.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Torrannor posted:

So you can do a live webcam show where each donation/tip makes the vibrator go off, and if the spectators pay enough, they can get you off/make you pretend that you are getting off.

SwampDonkey posted:

Or perhaps a significant other but whatever you're more familiar with.

:captainpop:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Just so I'm clear, this tax return scoop was just another example of Trump/Bannon playing 11th dimension chess much like the first immigration EO

also, lol:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

Good news? What is this feeling...

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://twitter.com/MarkLGoldberg/status/842391373584113664

The swamp is insanely drained at this point

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

quote:

Mulvaney described the budget blueprint, which calls for dramatic cuts to domestic spending programs in favor of increased funding for the military, as “one of the most compassionate things we can do.”

[...]

On after-school programs, Mulvaney said services intended to help feed hungry students in order to improve their academic performance deserve to be cut because proof of that progress has not materialized.

“They're supposed to be educational programs, right? I mean, that’s what they’re supposed to do. They're supposed to help kids who don't get fed at home get fed so they do better in school,” Mulvaney said. “Guess what? There's no demonstrable evidence they're actually doing that. There's no demonstrable evidence they're actually helping results, helping kids do better in school… the way we justified it was, these programs are going to help these kids do better in school and get better jobs. And we can’t prove that that’s happening.”

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/mick-mulvaney-donald-trump-budget-meals-on-wheels-236144

That's just... pure evil :psyduck:

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
India also launched the most satellites in a single go, and ESA plopped a lander and an orbiter on a comet.

Don't discount the rest of the world.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

VikingSkull posted:

There's a huge difference between having a space program and engaging in a space race. The US is head and shoulders above the rest of the world when it comes to space travel.

True, I'm not disputing that. However, going around throwing statements how no one will EVER want to compete with the US in space, and win is pretty arrogant.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

bird food bathtub posted:

Hells yeah, watch the bone spur draft dodging orange cum rag start a nuclear war.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Watch this amount to nothing, and result in a Trump victory somehow.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
spicey going all in on blaming obama re: flynn lmao

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Apparently this dude covers the USMC nude photo-scandal:

https://twitter.com/JimLaPorta/status/844325003827052544

OORAH DEBBIL DOGGOS

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004