Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Proud Christian Mom posted:

the Russians really did win the Cold War. wow.

They're certainly rewriting the terms of surrender, if nothing else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Twitter dump incoming, because jfc

As we speak, some screenwriter in Hollywood is banging out a first draft of a movie based on this, it's going to be an awesome spy thriller about how a meeting in some dinky Cafe in Amsterdam changed the course of global geopolitics forever. It's going to be great, I'm talking Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy awesome.

Sometimes I think these things happen just so movies can be made out of them.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

http://spacenews.com/nasa-receives-19-3-billion-in-final-2016-spending-bill/

WASHINGTON — The final version of a fiscal year 2016 spending bill will provide NASA with nearly $19.3 billion, funding most agency programs at or above the administration’s original request.

The omnibus spending bill, released by House and Senate appropriators early Dec. 16 after extended negotiations, allocates $19.285 billion to NASA for fiscal year 2016. That total is $756 million above the administration’s requested budget and the total provided the agency in a House spending bill passed in August. It is nearly $1 billion above a Senate bill that appropriators approved in June but was never passed by the full Senate.

Well, that's one thing I have to give the Republicans, they consistently throw more money at NASA than Democratic administrations.

• Locked thread