Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I enjoyed Portal 2 more than the first. Co-op was really neat!

Kai Tave posted:

I can't say I really care one way or another about Half Life 3 but for a while Valve basically had some of the best comedic writers in video games on hand and it's kind of a shame that we don't even get TF2 animations from them anymore let alone something like a new Portal.

Someone has to write those Dota 2 announcer packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also because of that post I added Codex of Victory and Tahira to my wishlist. The system works

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just saw the late title card for Nier:A route C.

:stare:

Edit: Then I did a crate pushing puzzle, I love ludonarrative dissonance

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Mar 31, 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I think Gabe probably personally cares most about making Dota 2 a professional sport and creating a completely separate hardware/OS ecosystem in case Microsoft goes crazy. This means that everyone in the company knows those are safe projects to work on.

Anyone who wants to develop games probably got isolated and their desks pushed to the corner in that weird tribal system of theirs

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I just ordered a ps4 slim from amazon with same day shipping

can u guess for which game???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSz815Srub0

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Frankly I never liked the wacky pop culture references in Fallout games. For several reasons I guess: referential humour is the lowest form of wit, not sarcasm; what are 80s references doing in this far-future sci-fi world whose aesthetics are 60s kitsch; way to date your game, nerds

This is why I really liked Horizon: Zero Dawn, it's basically Fallout if you got rid of all that campiness

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Andrast posted:

So it's not like fallout at all aside from being post-apocalyptic?

There are many, many plot points that are reminiscent not just of any generic post-apocalypse but of specific storytelling beats and tropes from Fallout, and they brought in the lead writer from New Vegas. The lineage is there.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Yeah Ive never paid full price for a DLC for this reason, I know in like 6 months it will be single digit dollars so I almost always buy stuff way later ina steam sale.

I am perfectly fine staying one expansion behind with a Paradox game, they need time to patch all the things they inadvertently mess up with the new DLC anyway

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Minerva's Den is still the best thing attached to anything with the word BioShock

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

oh yeah am i going to love nioh, or am i going to loving LOVE nioh?

I played the beta and it felt like a very cool souls clone with its unique charm

Nioh is very, very good.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I am definitely pumped for nioh then

Dark Souls 3 was a blast but lacked its own personality (though the DLCs and subsequent playthoughs have made me appreciate what the game is doing much more than before)

Nioh looks like it will hopefully offer exactly what DS3 was supposed to deliver: a fresh new action game with its own unique vibe and atmosphere

http://i.imgur.com/cOP6Sjh.gifv

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Keeping in mind that I have not played Persona 5 yet, Nekomata is currently in the lead for Best Video Game Cat 2017

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Game rental services and used copies

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am renting Persona 5.

Edit: There is another Trump reference in Colorado

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

It's a real game too with achievements and everything. Amazing

edit: real talk though Bayonetta on steam would be worthless because it wouldn't come with the Peach costume which makes it so Bowser's fists come out of portals to punch angels in the face instead of her hair fists. Without that what's even the point

Maybe it will come with some unique Valve-based costume? NieR did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

This post is here so I can easily find and export my cat gifs.

• Locked thread