Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

HZD has death stranding and ludens easter egg items. collect them all to receive a reward named "warm socks"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

J2DK posted:

I really wish the switch was compatible with older controllers, but then again, Microsoft and Sony consoles don't use old controllers either.

controllers are a big money maker.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah prey looks like a systemshock reboot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I wouldnt question switchs power, except it cant run zelda in tv mode smoothly even with no anti aliasing.

Zelda wasnt designed as a switch game of course but theyve had a long time to figure something out here idk.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

glam rock hamhock posted:

Zelda had absurdly high scores on metacritic right now. the minigame collection? Not so much and looks like Bomberman is just sorta meh or at least not really worth the asking price

Reviewers know what happens when they rate zelda games low. its also a hard game and they dont want to seem like it was too hard for them.

It deserves good scores im sure, but the odd rear end in a top hat review that lowers the average is gonna think twice about calling down months of death threats on themselves

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Harrow posted:

Yeah, Easy Allies is great and their reviews are quality. They were the first thing I ever supported on Patreon, actually.

I like the content of their reviews but i find the scores dont line up very well. When a game is bad they still give it a 3. I have to look but im not sure they've given a 2 or 1 yet at all.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I like buy/wait/avoid but it still doesnt capture those games where its a 10 for genre fans and a hard pass for everyone else. The only winning move is not to play

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Mr satan saved us all. Hes earths greatest warrior

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Turns out they were very beatable

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

https://youtu.be/nbAtTuxYDeg

I want this now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

I live somewhere with a store that breaks street date

Ive been meaning to ask you which store this is

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

one of the zora in botw sounds a lot like joseph jostar

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

I'm finding that I'm really annoyed with myself for not liking Breath of the Wild, for some reason

i am both totally addicted to it and also kinda annoyed at it because i've been playing so much of it and dealing with the same few issues over and over.

i don't like the shrines. they vary in quality and length too much. I would have preferred the shrines in a region to be combined into a single dungeon-like experience with some unique theming and maybe some npc stories to break up the monontony of grinding puzzles for life and stamina and there are too few main dungeons and some optional ones would have really helped.

i hate the inventory system, especially when you can't pick up a new shield or bow because there is no button press to drop them and you have to use the menu.

I also think they start you off with way too little stamina. they should have halved the stamina drain while running imo. the whole world is built around the stamina system for climbing but theres no reason that link shouldn't be able to sprint for much longer. the stamina bar is also really obtrusive but i'm not as annoyed by it while i play.

lastly, they should have some way to size up your enemy's level before you engage with them.

that said, everything else is superb. i'm really impressed and I can only hope they bring the same fresh thinking to mario later this year.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Mar 6, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the controls and options in PP were good enough that i never got annoyed in it but i can see what you mean

i've gotten back into jrpgs lately but now i limit myself only to modern ones with quality of life features like control over when you fight battles. My 20 ps1 jrpgs on vita are probably never gonna get finished

Ciaphas posted:

I'm not really attaching to Horizon Zero Dawn either, and the common thread between the two games seems to be open world and exploration, so all I can conclude for sure is maybe I don't like those sorts of games anymore??

It's baffling that I don't know exactly why I dislike games :psypop:

horizon had me really into it but i stopped playing more than a mission or so a day when i got zelda cause of the new system fever and i'm having a hard time getting back into it idk.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 6, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rogue galaxy grabs you hard at the start and straight up murders your interest in it after about 4-5 chapters

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bloodychill posted:

Titanfall 2 multiplayer is indeed a ton of fun. I've burnt out on it because of playing probably 150 hours of it with goons but those were some good times. They did a great job with all the abilities and the map design. Bounty hunt was a nice new game type that hasn't been done before. I'd say the only major flaw is too few maps.

yeah it was my most played game from launch until February.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i am 1/2 way through nioh (4th region) and i'm waiting for it to shake things up. i heard the end levels get wacky. i play about a mission a day, only takes like an hour.

afaik nier's world its just space to travel through doing the linear story its not going to be the same as zelda or hzd which seem to have much more potential for getting lost doing gently caress all in a map corner for hours and hours

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sunning posted:

If you liked RTS games with 'War' in the title, then these three games were released within one week of each other:

And on September 20th, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne patch 1.17 added two new Neutral Heroes, the Firelord and the Goblin Alchemist.

Dawn of War 1's release date is closer to the release date of Dune 2 than it is to today.

Kohan 2 loving owns

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah its more of the same with refinements. didn't blow my mind or anything but good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the plot is so thin its amazing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

MinibarMatchman posted:

looked at jontrons's feed today and yikes, what happened to this guy's brain the last few months

Just watch vgdunkey instead

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i beat another dungeon in zelda. i'm starting to worry about the amount of uniquely themed dungeon content in the game. they have all been cool but really short and easy. the approach to the dungeon was like 3-4 times longer than the dungeon itself.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LawfulWaffle posted:

I wish my 24 year old cat would just let go already so I didn't have to clean up piles of cat poo poo around the house first thing in the morning while worrying that my pregnant wife is living in a house literally crawling with toxoplasmosis. The cat is old and frail and scared of our other cats but the vet said she's fine so my options are to wait until she gets worse or euthanize a "healthy" cat. I think she's had a good run and I don't think her quality of life is very good anymore, but it's also immensely cruel to decide to end a life for convenience. I'd try and take her back to the vet but that's no fun for anyone.

Sorry for the bummer talk, and I'm sorry your cat died. Pets are great sources of happiness but can also be great sources of stress. Please pet or scratch your animal friends.

Unless its an outdoor cat or has contact with them its not going to have communicable toxo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sakurazuka posted:

There are indoor cats???

In america, land of coyotes and car first neighborhood planning

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

Cats have driven many native species to extinction but yeah LOL AMERICANS

Id imagine fairly few people keep their cat inside for reasons other than the cats own safety.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

oddium posted:

my cat stopped using the litter box and i'm cycling through boxes and litters until i find one she likes again

Get her checked out too. It was the first sign of illness for my elderly cat last year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Nier is so badass. Playing on hard feels perfect, although i strongly recommend playing the first level on normal as you cant save until you beat it so if you get an unlucky situation like what happened to me where the hit detection is wonky on stairs, you have to replay from the unskippable intro sequence. You can bump it back up after.

Dr Cheeto posted:

How much like Far Cry 3-Primal is Horizon?

It has outposts and hunting and crafting satchels like a far cry. Character driven subquests and buff potion quaffing like a witcher. Combat feels a lot like caveman vanquish actually.

Its a great game that is way more than the sum of its borrowed parts

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The more i play zelda the less i enjoy it.
The more i play hzd the more i enjoy it.

Both are good, id score them the same, but horizon has a lot more than i expected and zelda is turning out to have much less.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

mutata posted:

Uh, plenty of people make videos of Nintendo stuff. GameGrumps has a Breath of the Wild series right now, in fact.

Nintendo makes you pay them for this unless you are really big i think.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This scene was like half of what came out of my mouth in highschool

Psychochopper!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

grieving for Gandalf posted:

when are we supposed to hear more about the Spider-Man game for PS4

is that off the table

Sony has been doing 2 e3's and then a spring release for practically all their 1st party games lately so probably out by may 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

I was a Unreal Tournament person myself. I never really saw the appeal of Quake III Arena.

Same but its still awesome

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Psa: Dont dismount a moose the wrong way in nier.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Aphrodite posted:

Anyway it's a thing with webcams and front cameras on phones/tablets/etc. They by default mirror the image so when you're looking at your screen you see what you'd expect from an actual mirror and don't break your brain.

A lot of software will reverse the mirroring when you're sending video to someone else so it looks right for them, but not all of them do.

I hate this. It shows you one thing and the picture is different.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Botw is very frustrating to play but is rewarding.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ethanol said its the 3rd best zelda, 1st best when not playing it.

It was maybe the first good ethanol post

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jay Rust posted:

It's not perfect until it's on PC

Wii u emulator runs it at 10 fps

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

A Wii U emulator can run Bloodborne? :eyepop:

Oh fuuuuuuuuuuck

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

My only experience with dolphin is playing Mega Man 9/10 which probably isn't putting the thing through its paces properly

I wanna set it up for skies of arcadia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

if i reviewed it it would be the really excited gamepro face for most of the categories but then a less excited one for sound and performance and a side bar about how lots of decisions led to a less fun game than they could have had.

• Locked thread