Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

KingSlime posted:

I'm gonna level with you guys

Bloodborne is my favorite anime because it's mostly free of dumb tropes, and yet it features a dude who has a fetish for dolls (but you know what, this works with the plot well, imma let it slide)

I also like Berserk but holy poo poo homie really loves his rape scenes and naked fairy bois

And this is all, from what I can gather, based on older styles of anime that were less blatantly pervy

anime has no chill

You sound like a man who has a basement people aren't allowed in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

From what I understand madoka magica is a good deconstruction of the magical girl genre. The only anime I watched recently is jjba though.

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Mar 20, 2017

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I was going to post the actual poster for Rolling Thunder in solidarity, but then I found this and :laffo:

Nice to see Sloth get work after the Goonies.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Sakurazuka posted:

I know one of the rangers is gay

Uh excuse you she clearly states that she "doesn't like labels"

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I feel weird because Zelda is a more fun game but nier is so well put together in how everything interacts and means something that I feel like it deserves to be called one of the best games

It's like if we had a best directed Nier slam dunks that category

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In Training posted:

9 days to Persona

Do you have a waifu picked out IT for your hot persona romance?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Don't tease me with the possibility of good political simulators on steam

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/zerochoirs/status/846405899103223809

Why even have a story at that point

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm really, really enjoying the resurgence in simulator / management games and I can only hope that this trend continues.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

DS3 also had maybe the worst online since the two area covens didn't work and the game would heavily prioritize games where the host has a phantom already summoned. That plus the hornet ring instant kill means that every pvp fight was the exact same one people figured it out.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Stux posted:

i had/have a character who lives in the belltower, wearing the butterfly poison aoe armor with powerstanced poisoned weapons and it was the most fun pvp ive had in any of the dark souls games rip

I was a fan of the desert sorceress outfit while powerstancing the toxic frog whips. I can only hope people enjoyed the extremely weird fights I brought them.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cherry blossoms fall
Languidly onto stone paths;
Lo, spring has arrived

The hero arrives
Deep red with embroidered cap
Wahoo! Goes the man.

His pockets heavy
He asks the thread, who wants games?
Haiku for a code

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Snak posted:

Is Persona 5 sad like Nier: Automata? I would like to play another sad game...

P5 is SSSSSSSSSSSSSTYLISH

http://i.imgur.com/isPEjtO.gifv

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/62991t/the_dota_2_workshop_and_its_ecosystem_are_dying/

I know no one will read all that, so the basic summary is that Valve has effectively cut Dota workshop revenue from 25% to 6%

TL;DR:
1. Workshop year is now entirely dominated by battle passes,
2. You have to agree to battle pass terms to sell your hats,
3. Battle pass money is no longer shared with workshop artists,
4. Only direct purchases of chests from the store are shared
5. artists making ~6x less than before,
6. no longer a worthwhile endeavor financially

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's especially sinister since the free chests that you get in battle passes can be sold on the market, which 100% of that money goes to Valve and not the artists.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

Heads up, word is that Gamespot spoiled the ending of P5 in their video review so you may not want to watch it.

I am willing to put money on it being Peter Brown who does it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This just looks like a screencap from a yaoi game.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Palmer Luckey has been let go from Facebook, looks like. Is this the first man fired for memes?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Samuringa posted:

People always mention that someone should do something the Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system - Well, Ken Levine got your back.

But what if you are the nemesis? heh, really makes you think. *collects hundreds of awards*

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://globenewswire.com/news-rele...Act-Canada.html

quote:

SAN DIEGO, March 31, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Mad Catz Interactive, Inc. (the “Company”) (OTC Pink:MCZAF) announced that, with the authorization and approval of its Board of Directors, it and its subsidiary, 1328158 Ontario Inc., made a voluntary assignment in bankruptcy on March 30, 2017, pursuant to the provisions of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act (Canada). Pursuant to the assignment in bankruptcy, PricewaterhouseCoopers Inc. (“PWC”) has been appointed as the trustee in bankruptcy of the Company’s estate. The Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, Mad Catz, Inc., ceased operations and also has filed a voluntary petition for relief under chapter 7 of the United States Bankruptcy Code to initiate an orderly liquidation of the assets of the Company. In addition, certain of the Company’s other subsidiaries have filed or will file for liquidation under comparable legislation in their countries of origin.

The Company also announced that all of the directors and officers of the Company have resigned effective as March 30, 2017.

As previously disclosed, the Company’s Board of Directors formed a special committee in 2016 to explore and evaluate strategic alternatives intended to maximize shareholder value, including a sale of the Company. The Company hired a financial advisor in connection with evaluating and pursuing strategic alternatives. The Company has been consistently pursuing its operational plan with the aim of increasing revenue and improving working capital.

The Board of Directors made the decision to have the Company make a voluntary assignment in bankruptcy after considering various strategic alternatives, the interest of various stakeholders of the Company as well as a number of other factors. The Board of Directors has been advised by the Company’s financial advisor and management that no viable strategic alternative in respect of a sale of the Company or other corporate sale transaction is being made available to the Company by any third party. In addition, the Board of Directors has also been advised that the Company’s lenders will not increase the amount of its credit facilities beyond the current levels.

Karen McGinnis, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated that, “Regrettably and notwithstanding that for a significant amount of time the Company has been actively pursuing its strategic alternatives, including various near term financing alternatives such as bank financing and equity infusions, as well as potential sales of certain assets of the Company or a sale of the Company in its entirety, the Company has been unable to find a satisfactory solution to its cash liquidity problems. The Board of Directors and management would like to acknowledge the outstanding efforts of the Company’s employees in support of its business, especially during the time that the Company faced financial difficulties. The Company would also like to thank the vendors and professional service providers who have supported the Company’s efforts during this time.”

Inquiries concerning the filings and proceedings should be directed to the attention of Fergal J. Rogers of PWC at the contact information noted below.

F

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Ah April Fools. The day a bunch of bitter nerds get weirdly angry that a website flipped its text upside down or something

no one has done anything fun or creative for April Fools for years.
https://twitter.com/jeffgerstmann/status/847913284971896832

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

What don't you like about Bangkok? I really like it, obnoxious hotel-goers aside - but I'm a giant sucker for vertical levels, they suit my style more than Colorado's flat plain.

Getting between the two towers is a pain in the rear end and the basement is almost totally useless. Those are my only real complaints with it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

April Games Chat - The real joke is that you thought that Persona 5 was going to release this month

Alright, I think I have a good title. I'll go ahead and make the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

new chat thread here
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3815481

• Locked thread