Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Heyoooo march

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am Error.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Horizon Zero Yawn - some games journalist somewhere, I assume

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Saw some of these at walmart

yikes

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I remember a dude irl telling me to get a psp and to throw away my ds because playing trauma center and phoenix wright is lame because you can't learn to be a real surgeon or lawyer doing those and that the psp is where all the cool adult games are

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lobok posted:

If I played what my friends recommended, I'd be playing The Division, MOBAs, Skylanders/Disney Infinity...

Can't speak for The Division, but MOBAs can be fun casually with friends who aren't angry stereotypical MOBA players, and skylanders is definitely a fun mindless romp if you can get the stuff for cheap and have a friend to play co-op with

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Captain Toad Licking

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

What's everyone's favourite cartridge in terms of taste? The special gold-coloured Ocarina of Time cartridge for Nintendo 64 is probably mine, off the top of my head.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Is pig's blood a normal thing in makeup because it seems really weird to me that his go-to would be pig's blood and then bricking himself in the face instead of just getting a makeup artist

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

that theme got old in like ten seconds

Hahaha did you actually buy it?

I told you not to pick that one :P

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lizard Wizard posted:

It has a 30 second preview video you dolt

Then why did you ask me if you should buy it or not???

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlNc81dnYQI

I might get to play this board game in a few weeks because a friend was all "I'm gonna buy this for you" even though I told them they didn't have to :D

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm bragging, I'm not trying to and if it sounds that way I'll quiet up about it, I'm just simultaneously disappointed because I feel like I somehow coerced them into saying they'd buy me a board game as a gift because they know I'm poor and have no source of income and also excited at the prospect of finally getting to play Neuroshima Hex, a board game that looks like a lot of fun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Palpek posted:

More like "Make video game characters look their age" :v:.

Mario is canonically 24

Palpek, is that what 24 year-olds look like where you live :ohdear:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lobok posted:

They just need to come out with a bad-rear end firefighting game and VR will take off!

A VR port of that arcade firefighting railshooter would be cool

Any port of that arcade firefighting railshooter would be cool

I just want to play that game without spending a ton of money on lives >:[

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Volfogg posted:

Hell yeah. Brave Firefighters was pretty cool.

I remember playing it a couple times years ago at Dave & Busters.

gently caress yeah

I've seen vids of people playing it emulated but it doesn't emulate well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuhx5clJ2sQ

It, House of the Dead 2, and Ocean Hunter are the sega arcade games I wish would show up on steam or something at some point.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I recently discovered that House of the Dead 4 got a PS3 port, sadly it's pretty worthless without being able to use a lightgun with it.

How do they handle the shaking mechanic, do they just have you press/mash a button?

Also, it really fuckin bugs me we never got a house of the dead that finished off the major arcana deck. They were so close, they only had like 3 left!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

My favorite thing is how they mention missteps with previous projects, which is both a diss on Wayforward's creepy tendencies and infuriating to people who raged out when Double Dragon Neon and other games the Yacht Club team worked on were criticized for some sexist elements. Whoops, turns out they agreed with Anita Sarkeesian and you got mad over nothing!

No offense but I feel like you may be extrapolating and projecting a bit

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who mocks the mockthreaders

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
CJacobs is going to speedrun a game with me because I said so right now in this post >:]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Looper posted:

Roman Polanski is a piece of poo poo

Yea, turns out unfortunately a fair amount of talented people are also horrible people :(

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cyron posted:

cosby was one that hit hard like running into a brick wall, he always come off as a cool guy, now he raped a shitload of people.

Tbh the one that comes to mind is shmorky because goddamn some of the flash tub stuff is just amazing but now there's that stink of shmork about it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

Okay! As long as it's a fun game.

It's gonna be Ultionus. Or Super Clew Land. >:]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I understand that shmorky is a crazy person but what did he do wrong?

Groomed children into sexual roleplay with him

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Red Bones posted:

I think it's really a matter of personal choice on where you want to stand

Yeah it's pretty much this. Like whatever you're comfortable with liking, as long as people realize that liking something doesn't mean you condone the actions of the person that made it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

FirstAidKite is going to buy me a pizza and take me to a movie.

Cool, really swell of you to give me money to buy you a pizza and movie tickets :D

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

I have a movie pass :D

Cool, really swell of you to give me money to buy you a pizza and not movie tickets

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Don't mess up my date. :mad:

Ok now let's let the joke rest cause I think we've taken it far enough imo. Originally I was just gonna end it with "well thanks for giving my poor rear end some cash to pay for you" but now we're here

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
It didn't, I just thought we killed whatever was left of any potential humor. Or "humor."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Don't mess with the kohan

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The country's dyin, cloud

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

According to Wikipedia, JonTron will be voicing a character in that yooka-layle game, so that's good

Well, it's just gibberish voice acting yeah?

I like jontron's content but I understand why people wouldn't, and it's pretty strange seeing someone of Iranian descent being involved in all this alt-right poo poo but hopefully people who don't like him are able to overlook any gibberish he supplies to yooka laylee

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I don't think anyone should support a game that promotes themselves by including a horrible human being in them. It's sort of hard to overlook that.

:shrug: We had this discussion earlier in the thread I think (not you and I specifically, we in general) and the consensus seemed to be "if you don't feel comfortable supporting something due to someone you don't like being involved in it, then that is fine, and it is also ok to support something you like in spite of the actions of someone involved in that something."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
If I have twins, male and female, I'm gonna name them arkadios and arcadia >:]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Don't scare the birds, it'll give away your position, also you should shoot the birds to scare them and give away your position

Cool game, I assume that you quit at the end of the video

He wouldn't have died if he had gone across the street instead and tried to sneak past that way.

Vampire Rain is all about stealth with you facing enemies that are way way stronger than you and it is foolhardy to try to take one on, especially by sneaking up right behind it and expecting a headshot to take it out

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I haven't played it, but from a vid I saw in defense of it, it CAN be used to kill enemies but you have to set yourself up in a position to have the advantage against them because otherwise they will maul you. You're mostly intended to use it as a form of distraction iirc.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

My cat of 14 years died today. I'm afraid I will always associate this amazing Zelda game with the death of my cat.

plz dont pull out posted:

Putting my dog down next week. Fraid this gives me only one option to play at her dog funeral.

I want you both to remember that mourning and grief are both completely 110% normal and that it is ok to be sad, and if you feel like crying, that is okay, and if you feel like venting, that is okay too. Bottling up your emotions isn't healthy. If your way of coping involves staying distant for a while, then that's fine, but I don't want either of you to feel like you're not allowed to be sad because they were "just animals" or something like that.

I wish you both the best. I hope you are both able to find calm and relief soon, and please know that both of your animals love you greatly and they will always be thankful for their time they got to spend with you.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All of my cats at this time are indoor cats and I'm never gonna let them be outdoor cats.

There are things you can't unsee in life. Witnessing several of your own cats die solely because they existed outside at the wrong time or the wrong place is one of them. Seeing an entire family of cats die in horrifying ways that wouldn't have happened had they been indoor cats. Coming home from Ryan's on a stormy night to find my neighbor had done us a favor and shot that weird looking possum that was on our front porch eating our cat's dry food, the weird white fuzzy possum that looked like a cat. Hearing a kitten crying while inside of the water main opening beneath the trailer we lived in, then hearing him suddenly quiet up just as my father finally manages to fish him out, showing that he had a snake bite. Waiting for the bus along with my cousin, seeing one of our kittens playing out in the road. I ask, "Hey, should I get him out of the road?" "Nah, he's fine," she says. I'm 3 or 4 and I trust what she says since she's 14 or so. Then a car comes along and the kitten runs head first into the car's tire, scrambling his brains. I watch him seize out and die. I could have prevented it.

Even knowing all of that, my mom continued to let cats be outdoor animals, resulting in one winter night over a decade later when my stepdad and I had to go out into the woods with a ladder because we could hear our cat crying in the cold because he had gotten stuck in a tree branch.

Never again. Indoor cats only. We give them enough things to play with. They'll live without the outdoors. Literally.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

Uhh FAK take your pills, my friend.

Was I too late to the cat discussion??

sorry. I haven't been well lately even with the meds. The cat discussion just struck a chord with me is all, sorry.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Any of you ever play Hive before?

Either the video game version or tabletop version, doesn't matter which.

Was it fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

Still not gonna buy it though.

I'm looking at this game instead because apparently I'm in the mood for old, anime srpgs? It's not on sale, but...I still want to play it, so I might splurge a bit.

lmao that art, those faces

• Locked thread