Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I think it's mostly due to the song selection to be honest. It'd be a bit of a hyperbole to say "all" the good songs have already been taken, but Rock Band 3 has over 2000 downloadable songs and there have been hundreds more for the previous ones and the Guitar Hero games so...

edit: It's also probably at least in part due to the fact that the fad has passed.

Guitar Hero Live's weird streaming model probably put people off too

Like you have maybe 40 songs on disc that are from the weird FMV career mode thing (which i actually really liked) But for the other 500 or however many songs (they're still adding them I think) you need to go to GHTV which has like three channels streaming songs that you join in on (like a pop channel/metal channel/indie channel) If you want to actually choose a song yourself you need to use plays (that you buy with coins you get from playing the streaming channels) or you can buy the plays with real money

I probably put like 20 hours into GHTV without paying anything and playing mostly songs from the catalog but that was in the first month where they were doing free weekends and stuff. I dunno what it's like now

I assumed the new GH/Rock Band games did ok though. I guess this is pretty meaningless but I know 5 or 6 people in real life that bought one or the other and they don't play that many video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I didn't know they were making another Batman game, is it Rocksteady? I can't find anything about it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I mean all launch lineups are kinda bad

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe people should be arrested the moment they make even a single penny from playing or writing about video games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

When do the horizon/zelda comparisons stop

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why do they have to be embarrassing

Some Ace Attorney games/Ever17/Remember11/Zero Escape trilogy/Danganronpa 1 + 2 (aka most of the VNs I've played) would fill out a month pretty well I think. Maybe Hotel Dusk and Last Window too if those count

Oh and Steins;Gate

Help Im Alive fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 9, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure anyone is going to sell fridge corn on visual novels

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Do you ever get the green tunic in Breath of the Wild because if not I might actually die

I dyed some of my clothes green but it's just not the same

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

That's cool, I'm gonna do it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I haven't been following Yooka Laylee is the actual platforming fun because that's all I really care about

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

Also the way Mario communicated was cool.

I like when he speaks his beautiful native tongue in the Mario & Luigi games

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj84qXDT8S0

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

Capcom and Konami are the two developers whose 90s golden age I miss the most. They used to make such good games, and so many of them...

Sega has held in there pretty well I think

I mean I can't think of anything recent other than Yakuza/Miku (maybe Sonic will be good again?! They had a good thing going for a while with Generations + Racing Transformed) Valkyria Chronicles was cool too

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I only had Quake 64 which I'm assuming was the definitive Quake experience

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

happy mario day to all, wahoo

What's mario about it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm looking forward to rolling my eyes until they fall out of my skull when people say zelda is bad two weeks from now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I don't need to wait 2 weeks to say that!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if Link is also british like Zelda

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Snak posted:

I don't play pc twitch shooters. I'm done with that part of my life.

That's very dramatic

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The spelunky secret: kill shopkeepers/sacrifice damsels/start from the beginning instead of using the shortcuts

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is Shepard in the new one

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure that youtube celebrities are untouchable

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am really glad I don't follow YouTube video game dudes and just play games myself, these people all sound awful.

Video games are good as hell I don't know why they attract so many terrible people

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I bought The Witcher 3 at launch and still haven't played it properly because I ended up just playing gwent after the tutorial area then got distracted by a different game or something. It keeps nagging at me because I don't like buying games and not playing/finishing them (i don't know how steam people live with themselves)

But I picked up FFXV again so I need to finish that and I need to plat Yakuza 0 before I buy Nier and I need to finish that before Persona 5 comes out and I still haven't bought RE7 and now I'm kind of in the mood to buy Yoshi's Wooly World and I still haven't bought the new miku oh no

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is it really though

e: i liked THPS3 better than 2

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

$20 seems steep for that socks game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

lol Nintendo fans are trash. The new Zelda is honestly a bad game with god awful gameplay mechanics. Like I know Sterling thinks the game is good, but it seriously loving isnt.

The blood moon rises once again...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Did that guy give his child a joke name so he could get 143 retweets on twitter

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What if there was a multiplayer game where you pay money to buy it and you get all the characters/maps/skins

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I usually try to separate the art from the artist but JonTron crossed way too many lines and is now just espousing and debating using open racism. And I mean, funny YouTube videos aren't exactly high art to begin with anyway.

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/841408151459155968

idk why people give them attention. It's very easy to not have racist youtube celebrities be a part of your life

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Is that Batman remaster good, I thought people were saying it looked worse than the original or something

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Make the hacking mini game picross and I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

There could be a cool twist moment where you try to hack the highest security level and it's 3D picross

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

WarioWare or NES Remix would make neat hacking minigames if Mario ever decides to go cyberpunk

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Now we're in the era where it's cheaper and more profitable to slap Elsa's face on a match 3 game and call it a day

That's probably for the best

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

they should bring back good advance wars instead

They should call it Switch Wars

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

tap my mountain posted:

I refuse to believe that there are asscreed superfans.

I just thought it was a generic geek Funko bait property, the game is too vanilla for somebody to care strongly about it.

I mean ezio probably has the most badass character design imaginable if you're 12

idk who the main character is now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

oddium posted:

um the main character has always been Desmond

significantly less badass

e: I just noticed the tribal sleeve nevermind

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

Everyone solves their problems by playing Yu Gi Oh, I saw half of one newer episode where a cop has to beat the protagonist at Yu Gi Oh to be able to arrest him.

We could learn from this, is what I assume you're saying

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Mass Effect but I might pass on this one I think with how many good games there are right now

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This looks cool, I hope there's like a PS4 version or something where you don't have to buy the thing/cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I wonder if TWEWY still holds up if you're not 15

At the time I thought this guy was extremely cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfQXSIpzYJo

• Locked thread