Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Anybody who is shorter than me isn't an adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Monkey Fracas posted:

Man I really hope Nier is good. Honestly if it looks promising upon release and there's no issues with the port I will buy it full price on PC.

Thought about buying it for my PS4 which is just a Bloodborne machine so far but....

Buy Nioh

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

raditts posted:

It's kind of annoying but not a huge deal IMO. The sprint button is B and the jump button is X, so if you want to do a running leap you kind of have to reach over with two fingers. I haven't run into a situation where sprint + jump is necessary over regular run speed + jump though.

You can also switch the jump button in the options

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

has anyone played both Horizon and Zelda? Honestly I want to play/try both but idk where the biggest differences are. I haven't played any open world adventures since Witcher 3 so I'm fresh for the experience. The only things I know probably differ in Zelda are climbing virtually anything, weapon durability, a parachute, more sparse story, 100 little temples to upgrade your poo poo.

I played Horizon for a few days before Zelda came out and now that I've played BOTW I probably won't touch Horizon until I'm done with Zelda.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

glam rock hamhock posted:

Please don't post poo poo like this even if you're trying to be ironic, tia

BBC doesn't employ that many jews anyway

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Red Bones posted:

Chrono trigger is pretty much the perfect Jrpg, so you should play that! It's kind of embarrassing how much better it is than the almost 30 years of Jrpgs that came after it.

The battle mechanics in Chrono trigger are really dull.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

JRPGs evolved in a totally wrong direction during the playstation era. So many cutscenes, so much anime, so much voice acting...

And they never really recovered.

Chrono trigger is very anime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Tales of Berseria came out in January and is top 5 JRPG's ever material.

It's pretty good but like most jrpgs you could have cut like 10-20 hours away from it and it would've been better for it.

Lurdiak posted:

Chrono Trigger is The A-team compared to like, Star Ocean.

It's like all genres have good and bad games. That doesn't make it more or less anime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Yes but is it anime?

It's very anime.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak is very anime

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sunning posted:

Nier Automata is scoring about 20-ish points higher than the first game on metacritic. For comparison, Grand Theft Auto 2 to Grand Theft Auto 3 was a 27 point jump. Yoko Taro directed games usually score in the mid to low 60s.

It's almost like Platinum is a good developer

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

babypolis posted:

dont buy consoles at launch friends

I'm very happy with my portable breath of the wild

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

babypolis posted:

have to say im a lil jelly of people playing botw because it looks amazing but once you finish that its gonna collect dust for a while, probably

Splatoon 2 is coming out during summer. Also it's not like there is any shortage of games at the moment.

Jesus christ there are a lot of good games out/coming out

Andrast fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Mar 8, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Placing botw on the same level as TP is really insulting to botw

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If I reviewed botw I would give it 10/10 and I think there are some big flaws in the game. I haven't enjoyed exploring in a game this much ever.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

spirit tracks in my underwear

I hope not, spirit tracks is awful

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bloodychill posted:

I mentioned give and take on the factors relatively.

So does literally every reviewer. People who gave BOTW great scores didn't think the flaws were big enough to lower the score for them personally.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

What the gently caress is LBW.

One of the best Zelda games

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The 4-10 scale never really bothered me since that's also how you are graded at school in Finland

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

plz dont pull out posted:

Is that similar to how anything below a 60 is a failing grade in American schools?

Yes. A 4 is a failing grade and grades 5-10 pass.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Star Wars isn't sci fi

Star wars is in fact sci fi

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

It's fantasy with a sci-fi backdrop

Also known as sci-fi

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

Soft sci-fi.

which is a subgenre of sci-fi

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

This is the dumbest argument I've ever been involved with on the internet. :allears:
Technically true!

...Speaking of, I wish more games were set in space/were sci-fi, because it's just so much more interesting than "here's more forests and fields for you to tramp around in, complete with swords and sorcery" and I know fantasy can be well done, but it's just the most boring stock setting you can get these days.

I say, fully aware that sci-fi games usually consist of endless gray corridors. :sigh:

There are tons of interesting fantasy settings out there and you can do a lot with the genre but games generally go with the most boring stuff imaginable

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Just set everything in the real world. Real history is cool.

Shadow hearts was cool

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

How about the new Tomb Raiders?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I am very angry that someone didn't like a game as much as I did

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Macaluso posted:

I think what's so funny about this whole thing is that A) he said he LIKED IT and B) it literally says "good" next to his 7/10 score. It's not like he said it was bad! It just had a bunch of flaws so it wasn't 10/10. I think he puts numbers scores there just to make people upset that the metacritic score is now slightly lower than it was before.

Also his site got ddos'd earlier which is always funny because his site isn't supported by ads and he'll just put his reviews up on mirrors for people to read until the ddos is fixed, so it's the most pointless thing to do to him

This kind of poo poo is probably actively beneficial for him. Attention is what reviewers/youtubers/"content creators" want and need.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Unless he's literally never paid any attention to the internet at all there's no way this isn't exactly what he expected when he gave it that score.

I'm pretty sure he just expected people to yell at him on forums and youtube comments, not to hack his website/social media account.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Actually no game deserves a Greatest because that would mean it has literally no flaws, the most you should ever give is a Great.5

BOTW is at least a Great.6

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

fridge corn posted:

I don't read video game reviews

Thanks for your input

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Maybe he just thought the game deserved a 7/10 score

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

https://twitter.com/pattymo/status/841408151459155968

idk why people give them attention. It's very easy to not have racist youtube celebrities be a part of your life

The thing with Jontron is that the (public) racism is a pretty new thing for him. For a long time he was just a guy who made videos people liked.

When someone you like turns out to be an insane racist it's pretty natural to talk about it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm fine with DA:I but in space too tbh. There aren't enough space RPGs.

I'd rather have a game with passable combat and non-garbage sidequests.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Andromeda's combat seems fine at least.

Yeah, I think it's pretty unlikely that they gently caress up the combat since it was fine in ME2 and ME3

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

You should play Mask of the Betrayer. It's way better than anything Bioware has ever released.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

When I was a teen, my idea of a perfect game was BioWare's writing with Bethesda's gameplay.

and I thought I had bad opinions as a teenager

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

All minigames that you are expected to do constantly over the whole game are bad.

Except inventory tetris in RE4 if that counts.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

Inquisition was perfectly okay, definitely not without its flaws, but an otherwise solid RPG in a weak year overall for RPGs. I think around this time many goons had already forsworn their holy crusade against Bioware and the evil EA empire so opinions around here tend to get a bit exaggerated.

loving MMOs have better single player combat and sidequests than DAI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Advance wars is never coming back, blame people who didn't buy them.

I hope that advance wars clone on the switch is good

• Locked thread