Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Mass Effect isn't an RPG.

Franchescanado posted:

Mass Effect is an RPG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I wish someone would rip off the Ogre Battle gameplay type, not even indie kickstarters have caught on to this dead genre yet

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/27/chronicle-ruin-real-time-tactical-jrpg-inspired-ogre-battle/

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Stux posted:

seriously can someone tell me what auto aim is...

It's when you mash the lockon button while firing in Metroid Prime to take out a bunch of Shriekbats.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'm just joking about that but I also don't play actual FPS games and thought auto aim was just when the game subtly changes your aim when you're close enough so that you can actually hit instead of just barely missing.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

one might say "fresh"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I changed my castle to inverted and now there's pumpkin head ghosts in my library.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Someone buy that snake game and tell me if it's good please

I'm getting it tomorrow you will know.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

Was Panzer Dragoon Saga on the Saturn any good? There was a lot of buzz at the time about it being "the greatest game no one played."

Give me a grand and I'll find out.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Time for Evergrace 3.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Maybe I would have actually fought that boss if it didn't involve running past a bunch of loving Alonne knights in dream world with a time limit to try again.

edit: Like I chose that DLC first because of Fume Knight, had fun with that, and then that boss run for Sir Alonne straight up made me stop playing the game entirely. I had enough of that bullshit from the lava castle area whose name I can't remember at the moment.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Clearly the solution is to never exit Dark Souls 3 and play the game until you beat it.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

I hope the next From Software game is designed by Hideki Kamiya and your character has a bazillion moves, fights against a cosmic upside-down kingdom, and runs at 60fps on consoles. The Enigmatic Darkbloode, coming 2018

cool, then the dark souls team can make a Castlevania

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I'd be perfectly fine with Parasite Eve going away and never coming back because it's gotten worse with each successive game. I'd hate to see the travesty of a Fourth Birthday.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Did those Net Yaroze games even exist outside the UK, I had a bunch of them on demo discs from some PS1 magazine

Rocks n Gems for life

YEEEE HAAAAW

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Did anyone buy Snake Pass

I did.

It's fun but I completed level 3 and it says I'm at 19% completion.

Also maybe don't get it on Switch, I think it runs better elsewhere.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

it's a videogame, videogames cannot hurt you

http://smod.wikidot.com/weapon:psp

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

It took me a long time to realize you didn't need to chopper out of the area to complete every mission because I just treated them like discrete levels in the first place.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Did Kojima bring over much of his team to the new studio? If they are working on making Horizon's engine even better that seems like a glorious revolution

I know one of the leads was stuck behind at Konami and left to work at Namco.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just preordered Persona 5, people were mentioning issues with the Steelbook Version but that was just a hoax right

Amazon told a bunch of people their order was dangerous or something and some people may have had them cancelled, but then Atlus spoke to Amazon and those people are getting the game for free now.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

haveblue posted:

Some people were mad that Fusion is more linear and tells you where to go instead of just turning you loose and relying on the environmental design to constrain you.

The funny thing is that this now makes it somewhat unique and interesting among all the other games, and that Other M has retroactively made it better because it's just trying the same thing except being worse about it in every conceivable way.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Thread title for next month

"Looks like April has been kidnapped by Persona 5!"

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

So now that Atlus has made assets for a ton of classic SMT demons for the PS4, not to mention spell animations for all the standard Persona/SMT spells and attacks, what are the chances we get another console SMT game using those assets? We got a shitload of SMT and Persona on the PS2 because Atlus could just reuse the assets they'd made for Nocturne, so maybe we'll get another run of console SMT games?

I mean, they got one coming on the Switch... dunno if there's any other subseries they want to necessarily do on PS4.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Harrow posted:

It'd be great if they did a weird spin-off like Digital Devil Saga or the Raidou games again, though even with the ability to reuse Persona 5 assets I'd be surprised if they devoted the resources to something totally unexpected like that on a major console in this generation.

I'd be more surprised if they didn't reuse them at some point. Maybe not to the extent that there's like ten* series going on like on the PS2 but yeah.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

I mean until hdmi systems playing games on a CRT is preferable, even if it had a dial.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

In Training posted:

This exact same conversation happened a week ago

my bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

That's why I like action rpgs, where random encounters are a treat and I try to trigger more of them.

I should play Tales of Eternia again.

• Locked thread