Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

When does Phoenix Wright get less-than-really-good? I've just completed the case with Von Karma (the vampire-looking prosecutor) and it feels great.

There's a case in Justice for All which is less-than-really-good and then there's Apollo Justice, which is less-than-really-good for most of the game, but still very much worth playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Palpek posted:

drat, another hardware fail on Nintendo's part - there's no way they'll be able to fix the cartridge taste before next week's release.

Drafting my Polygon article titled "Nintendo Switch: Bitter Defeat"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Japanese release of Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations had the aroma and flavor of black coffee

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The biggest problem with getting games on the Wii U was the lack of middleware support, not graphical horsepower. It only supports Unity and UE3 IIRC and there were some real problems with the Unity implementation. From what we know of the Switch so far it seems like it's going to be much better in that way.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

glam rock hamhock posted:

But whatever, the most important question is should I buy a 128gb microsd card for this thing, or spend the extra money for 200gb?

The price of those cards is only gonna go down, why not wait until you find yourself bumping against the limits of the meagre onboard memory? If you're not planning on getting BotW digitally then you should have some room to play with for a month or two.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It would be really cool if we stopped this review score nonsense altogether imo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

five point review systems are a sin

Why do you single out five-point systems? What makes them worse than ten- or twenty-point systems?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

five point review systems are like using celsius over farenheit for weather

Objectively better???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I'm buying Puyo Puyo Tetris and playing it with my friend, Anime Satan

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
They have digits, yes

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Harrow posted:

Definitely seems a bit strong at first glance but that's what a bunch of PTR testing is for.

The only time they've made a change based on PTR feedback was hog's reworked hook.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Did you know: every time you check your Best Buy preorder status, they delay it another day

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

ImpAtom posted:

there are no big exclusives for at least a few months.

Dare ye forget SNIPPERCLIPPS???

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Zelda, mostly. I am excited to take Zelda with me. Snipperclips, a new FAST racing, and Shovel Knight with timed exclusive Spectre Knight sweeten the deal.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jay Rust posted:

Buncha rich kids ITT

tbf Reggie knocked $10 off the price each time I posted about how games are linked to your NNID, not your console

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

I dunno when the trend of breaking down a review score into individual components originated but I'm glad it seems to be on its way out.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
You need to tap the inverted camera amiibo

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Once I leave work I'm gonna name my save file "Epona" and my horse "Link"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Snipperclips appears to only support Joycons, I think.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
God drat

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Macaluso posted:

edit: Hm well the second video is a bit more damning lol. I had no idea you could climb up slopes you can't run up in BOTW :swoon:

Outside of shrines (which generally have walls that are too slick to climb) you can climb just about anything.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Just don't start climbing in the rain :negative:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How much like Far Cry 3-Primal is Horizon?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Real hurthling! posted:

It has outposts and hunting and crafting satchels like a far cry. Character driven subquests and buff potion quaffing like a witcher. Combat feels a lot like caveman vanquish actually.

Its a great game that is way more than the sum of its borrowed parts

Thanks, most of what I've seen of it was unfortunately fighting other people, which looked rather Far Cry. Glad to hear that there's a lot more going on there!

Speaking of Far Cry 3, whatever happened to Jeffrey Yohalem? He kind of dropped off the face of the earth after that insane RPS interview.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The Switch doesn't have a real web browser so if you're looking at it as a tablet/game system hybrid you are going to be disappointed. It has just enough of a web browser to log into your hotel wifi and post screenshots to Facebook and Twitter, nothing more.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It's a very lean launch but FAST RMX and Snipperclips are great titles that I am enjoying when I'm not completely absorbed in BotW

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've said it before but game scores in general and the 1-10 scale in particular should die

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

CJacobs posted:

I can't believe you would say something like that

I'm the games chat thread heel

Video games are bad, much like you're posting :twisted:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I don't know why we treat sci-fi and fantasy as genres when it's so much more useful to think of them as settings instead.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sushi is a kind of sandwich if you think about it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Soup is just watery sushi if you think about it

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Willie Dustice later had a successful career as an attorney in the Wright Anything Agency

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

fridge corn posted:

I don't read video game reviews

Uninspired post that will nevertheless entertain fans of the genre 5/10

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

bloodychill posted:

A 7 isn't even that bad a score. In games in general, 7 is still in the "it's a good game" region.

Maybe from Jim a 7 is good but the industry has been working with a 6-10 range and people 's expectations have been trained accordingly.

Just another reason to trash the 1-10 scale imo.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
How is JonTron channeling my dead racist grandfather

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Harassing people online isn't cool, but neither was Jim Sterling's VSWID episode so maybe the truth is in the middle.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Doctor Spaceman posted:

His career is built on saying provocative things. It's why his videos are titled things like "Steam Needs To Stop Selling Toys Full Of Cum" and "Why It's Morally Okay To Pirate All Of Nintendo's Games", it's why Digital Homicide sued him, and it's why people like him.

The company which attempted to sue hundreds of Steam users over negative reviews emphatically did not sue James Nicholas Stanton because he was provocative.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Harrow posted:

Seriously, though, here's my big contrarian stance on Zelda: Ocarina of Time was great at the time but rides on nostalgia now.

Disagree emphatically. I played Ocarina 3D as my first Zelda game last year. I know they made a number of improvements to the game but it absolutely holds up, and the only N64 games I've got nostalgia for are GoldenEye and Mario Kart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I always really liked Remember Me but I know it's a deeply flawed, possibly bad game, and now I've got a way to express that using numbers

• Locked thread