Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i have given videogames up for lent today so i will only be playing things that are not games, such as gone home, the witness, and the witcher 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Quest For Glory II posted:

i noticed it happen with MGSV most recently. when it first came out everyone was fuckin exploding with cum over it and now people are like "UGH that game"

i think that's more that everyone who played mgsv died from cumming too much and now the only people left that walk the earth are those that hated it enough not to play it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

as it turns out getting video game recommendations from complete strangers on the internet that have been established completely independently of your own personal tastes and opinions is dumb as poo poo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I think you can watch gameplay footage and get a sense of how you'll like it. I saw Nioh gameplay and knew it would be rad. I am still excited for Horizon but seeing multiple people cheese encounters by hiding in the grass and whistling over and over has me slightly more skeptical

that's not really taking another person's opinion though that's researching and forming your own isn't it

what i like is getting a few real life friends who understand and respect what games you like and don't like and can give you honest recommendations on games you might like but it's just a theory since i have no friends in real life

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The NVIDIA GeForce Experience made PowerPoint hang and crash multiple times because it thought it was a game and every time I switched slides it asked me if I wanted to Share the Experience, good times

i was feeling kind of mopey but this post cheered me up immensely thank you

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also hypothetically if i did have friends i would bet one of them would be one who to his dying day never stops recommending to the group at large that they play dota2 and bears it as a personal scar upon his soul when each and every one of us turns him down every single time always coming back repeatedly with new elevator pitches as to why it's such a fantastic game that we'd love

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Mar 1, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i take it back real life friends suck for video game recommendations

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nintendo switch: This Snipperclips Carts Tastes Terrible

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wiiu zelda?

but how does it taste

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

flight sims and anything using a thumbstick/joystick get inverted y.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So I think I am going to buy a Wii U. I skipped the Wii entirely so I feel like if there are at least ten essential games for the Wii, it wouldn't be the dumbest decision

give it a few weeks so the price plummets at least

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeIr5l15DC8

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

hey remember that time that the game you liked's director literally equated gay people to dogs having sex in the rear end

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

I have so many writers, actors and directors who I used to respect.

I liked Bill Cosby once upon a time. :smith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh4WnHlsbvM

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

The last time they did analytics on this, only like half of everybody even used the character creator tool and most just selected default Soldier John Shepard.

here's the image which is the source of most of this information, that i think was originally published by bioware themselves on their findings

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if you're not operating a character creator like you're griffin mcelroy trying to record a new monster factory you are objectively doing it wrong

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

I think city of heroes did that?

either saints row 3 or saints row 4 or both definitely did

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Endorph posted:

'monkey cheese' and 'anime' are goon code for 'anything that shows the slightest amount of originality and personality'

really because i generally use anime as shorthand for "800 year old dragons that look like prepubescent girls"

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

I use it to refer to an artstyle that most of the games you enjoy actually employ.

Stop referring to tropes as anime. It's so loving bizarre.

it's not really that bizarre, it's pretty convenient actually

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

MMF Freeway posted:

Anime isn't a genre though, but I do know what people mean when they say it that way.

see there you go

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Sometimes I like anime, but also, sometimes I do not like anime.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Cowcaster were you ever a moderator, idk why but I swear there was a time you were a mod but I can't remember and I might be confusing you with another poster.

i was a moderator for a bit and then an admin for a bit

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Phantasium posted:

other people don't, consider that this makes it confusing as to have to figure out whether or not random poster #1611 is complaining about tropes or trying to attribute pedophilia to the whole of Japan.

your forums account is a little too young to remember this but we actually had to evict an entire community of "ironic" pedophiles from the anime forum like 10 years ago so i don't think your case is as strong as you think it is

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FirstAidKite posted:

Welp. today just got really really lovely.

Got pulled over by the police, fiancee's getting a couple of citations we can't possibly pay for, car potentially got towed if our friend doesn't get there in time to drive it to us and if it got towed, that's another fee we can't possibly afford right now, and the citations were because the car wasn't inspected because the car doesn't pass inspection and would cost too much to actually get fixed up and legal and then my fiancee had a panic attack from being pulled over so we're sitting in the ER right now with her feeling suicidal and she's wishing she just had a job again and she's mad that her job offer she was so excited about had rescinded the offer an hour after giving her the start date and the whole thing is a mess and

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

>:[

Sorry, I just needed to vent. Things are not good at the moment and ugh, bills are due today and tomorrow and we only have enough in savings left to pay for rent and bills another month and then idk what's gonna happen :|

wow, that sucks. hope things start going your way from here!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

look if i wanted to consume media both about and targeted to 12 year olds i'd play videogames

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

zelder? drat near killed'er

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Wear your gamer badge with pride.

no don't

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

witcher 3 is a sandwich

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i know nothing about destiny but i've always been under the impression that it was 50% halo and 50% borderlands which to me is kind of like saying it's 50% a turd and 50% a poop

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Sakurazuka posted:

It's not really anything like Borderlands other than being an FPS that has loot

and i'm out

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you think about it, isn't 2016 DOOM an FPS that has loot? 🤔

no

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

video games are bad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

maybe if you don't consider tears, laughter, cheers, exclamations, and frantic earnest nodding "interacting"

but enough about my interactions with a dangly set of colorful plastic keys

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not a writer but why is this a difficult thing do to

Aren't most of us human beings

ah, but you see, video game characters, are not

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

an open world game is a sandwich

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Harrow posted:

I use a controller for everything except games that you primarily interact with by pointing and clicking (map games, Civ, XCOM, etc.) or FPS games.

personally i'd lump fps games in with games you primarily interact with by pointing and clicking

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's got a grid based inventory and a heck of a lot of menu screens that i can only imagine are nightmarish to navigate without a mouse cursor

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well all i can say is i didn't rebind a single default control using keyboard and mouse and it has never caused me a single issue

and may i also say that i really appreciate that while in any given screen you can hit the shortcut key for any other screen and it'll still work more games need to do that

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

pc gamer navigating w3 menus: this must feel like satan's birthday to controller gamers... [kisses mouse, then keyboard] absolute power ...

console gamer navigating w3 menus: dang lotta drowner teeth

please don't doxx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

controllers are vile

• Locked thread