Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Easy Allies on Youtube is my favorite place to get reviews. They were formally GameTrailers. They gave Breath of the Wild on Switch a 4.5/5 with their only complaint being the real bad frame rate issues that they said they encountered throughout the entire 60 hours they played. They liked the survival mechanics, weapon durability, difficulty, dungeons, and graphics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cheekio posted:

How hard is it to get a switch. do I have to stand outside of nobody beats the wiz for six hours?

You can't get one, you will be waiting a few weeks probably.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A birdie is actually telling me that Amazon Prime Now will have units available tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Houston Rockets posted:

Would that be at midnight or 8am?

Amazon Prime Now is 2 hour delivery service, so you'll want to smash F5 a lot tomorrow and it's only available in select areas for Prime members.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going to see Logan tonight, very excited.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Logan was a very good movie. This is a really good month for nerd poo poo.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Going to be at Emerald City Comic Con today :toot:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There was a lot of real amazing Overwatch, Destiny, and Legend of Zelda cosplay today at Comic Con.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I pre-ordered Nier: Automata just now. :O

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nier Automata goes live at 9pm pacific time tonight on PSN.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

One of my best friends bought the Japanese version and has beaten it 4 times so far. They are absolutely in love but have played all the Nier/drakengard games since the beginning.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Horizon Zero Dawn finished and platinumed. It was so good and like Nioh and New Doom completely caught me by surprise. I hope people I convinced to buy it like Palpek enjoy it as much as I did. Now, I'm onto Zelda and Nier: Automata but I haven't decided which one to do first. Guess I'll download the Nier demo and see if it digs its claws into me...

Nier Automata is really good so far.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lakbay posted:

Guerilla Games is now doomed to make Horizon sequels forever like they've been making Killzone

At least Horizon is starting off amazing. Killzone at no point in time was ever good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My 2nd pair of Sony PlayStation Wireless headphones broke. The plastic on these things is awful and they don't even sound that good. I decided to buy the Astro Gaming A50 Wireless headset tonight. A lot of my friends recommend this set and from the sounds of it the build quality is amazing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I love cats a lot.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nier is really good. I need to find more time to play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

John Carmack, the chief technology officer of Facebook-owned Oculus, sued ZeniMax Media on Tuesday, saying it still owes him money from buying the video game studio that he founded. Maryland-based ZeniMax bought id Software, a Richardson-based video game studio, in 2009. Carmack left the company in 2013 to become Oculus' CTO.

ID Software's first good game since Quake II (Doom) is without John Carmack is pretty funny to me. He is probably feeling pretty salty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

Are you actually suggesting Quake II is better than Quake III Arena

I was a Unreal Tournament person myself. I never really saw the appeal of Quake III Arena.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I laugh at how I use to think playing Quake 2 with a mouse was odd to me. Quake, Command & Conquer: Red Alert, and Warcraft II were my first multiplayer games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

There is that new Quake in development too, but it's an arena shooter. I want a new single player remake of Quake and I want Trent Reznor to do the soundtrack again.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kong: Skull Island turned out to be a pretty good movie.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's just a video game, none of this matters. Bioware doesn't care about the lore they create in so much as they want it to appeal to the most people so it makes them as much money as possible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol Nintendo fans are trash. The new Zelda is honestly a bad game with god awful gameplay mechanics. Like I know Sterling thinks the game is good, but it seriously loving isnt.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Worst Misfits song ever.

I'm actually dismayed by Jontron turning out as such, I enjoyed his videos, especially the Disney bootleg one and the Takeshis Challenge ones.

JonTron has been an openly racist and sexist piece of poo poo for years now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Joe Gillian posted:

He's CD-i Link, actually.

CD-i Link is awesome

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

Except the home port of Turtles in Time, the greatest beat-em-up that isn't made by Technos.

That was my favorite co-op game on SNES.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Something about society just turns white teenage boys into the most miserable shits in the universe. I would like to believe there is an equivalent on another planet somewhere out there but I doubt it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

In Training posted:

I bet mass effect andromeda sells better than Nier Automata

"Not covering ones genitals was seen as... problematic."

Doesn't matter, Nier is still the better game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Just finished Ending B of Nier Automata. There are some mind gently caress plot twists in this game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Retail store employees are not going to know ever when something is going to be in stock. They generally don't have access to that kind of information, only what is already in their inventory.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

Pokemon can talk?

Yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPbB4qfsA14

Andromeda needs a Garrus

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I think it's fine to believe a game is just okay. A lot of titles that people think are amazing are in reality just okay, gamers have very low standards.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Games good gamers bad

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Harrow posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda being kind of a mess is simultaneously sad and a relief for me. It's sad because I love the basic idea of a Mass Effect game about jetting off to a whole other galaxy and exploring and I'm sad that they apparently hosed it up really bad, but it's a relief because holy poo poo I barely have time for games that are already out and Persona 5 is coming soon and I haven't even played Nier Automata yet :ohdear:

Nier Automata is really good and should take priority.

Today I am going to go to work, and then head out to pub trivia with co-workers and then Mass Effect once I get home. :homebrew:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Persona 5 can be finished in a pretty reasonable amount of time on the easier difficulties if you just want to experience the awesome storyline.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If Mass Effect doesn't appeal to you consider playing Nioh instead if you have nothing else you want to play. Here is a screenshot

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Endorph posted:

also total war warhammer is very good

This game was $30 on Steam in the last week. I wish I had bought it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It was $12 as the Humble Monthly headliner last month!

Awww, i'm sad that I missed this one. Humble Bundle says that it was the March one, it's still March though so I don't understand why I can't get this bundle still. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I legit want this cap.

• Locked thread