Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry. I actually considered whether it was a douchy thing to do to suggest surgeon simulator to someone about to undergo surgery. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I can't believe anyone still wants or cares about Half Life 3. That's as bad as Firefly fans...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

What is Night in the Woods anyway? I haven't really been paying attention, just kinda seen pictures and such. Someone just used it in the same sentence as Undertale so now I'm paying attention :v:

I'm playing it now and went in completely blind. It's a story driven game with some light platforming and minigames. I'm not very far into it, I don't think, but so far it's about coming back to your home town after dropping out of college. I think it's really good so far, but it's text heavy. Its visual style works really well. The read a lot of conversations, but I think the dialogue writing is good and they do a neat thing where each main character has a color associated with them and their dialogue is always in that color. It helps me keep the characters straight.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Valve has a very... uncommon management structure.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

At this point I think people only care about it in the way people used to "care" about Duke Nukem Forever, as in they don't really give a poo poo anymore but they just want it to get released and get it over with.

But Valve isn't even claiming to be developing HL3, as far as I know... so...

You're probably right though.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Well, given Valve's management structure, it will be an absolute miracle if it ever happens.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

plz dont pull out posted:

Man there was a string from like HL2: Ep 2 to Portal 2 where Valve was just putting out a steady stream of solid-great games. Couldn't wait to see what they did next then DOTA 2 happened and welp.

Basically, for half life 3 to get made, someone who works at valve would have to raise their hand and say "Okay, I'll make Half Life 3" and then, if it fails, it's on them. And they would have to recruit people to work on it from other, lower risk projects. Valve, as a whole, isn't going to decide to do Half Life 3 and then assign people to work on it. Some idiot has to propose it and then it will be their project. Their neck.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
same. My PSold is trucking along just fine, although I worry about dust because i don't vacuum enough. My TV is kind of lovely, but it's a 40" and it's a pretty big improvement over my previous TV, which I still have, which is this

Yes, I played my ps2 on that TV.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

KingSlime posted:

I just ordered a ps4 slim from amazon with same day shipping

can u guess for which game???

Nier: Automata?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

fridge corn posted:

I was 10 when Chrono Trigger came out. I used to love jrpgs and as a child I watched a lot of anime, but I no longer have any tolerance for it. Besides, Chrono Trigger is pretty inoffensive in its animeness

So what you're saying is... "It was one of the good ones."

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

ImpAtom posted:

Ah yes Fallout, the game that literally has direct references to anime. Certainly not anime at all.

...does this logic mean that anime containing direct references to western art is western?

Edit: beaten

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

So it's not like fallout at all aside from being post-apocalyptic?

You have a pip-boy and no one else does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

I watched someone stream Nier for 2 and a half hours the other day and I can say this about it:

1 - People in chat were really angry that the player wouldn't self-destruct so they could see the butt.

2 - The game is really boring if you're a dummy who takes 2 and a half hours to get out of the tutorial.

The only stream to watch of Nier: Automata is KyleMcCarley's. He's the English VA for the male lead, but he reads all the text dialogue aloud and does voices for it. Sometimes the VA for 2B joins him. It's good times.

It's like magically watching a fully voiced version of the game.

• Locked thread