Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hiddenmovement posted:

Cats are very unlikely to damage the fixtures and fittings of a property, they will almost certainly just target the tenants on stuff (i.e rip my poor couch). Cat poo poo reeks though and you cant really put the tray out on the balcony because they will inevitably decide to climb over the ledge. You probs shouldn't have one

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Either you aren't changing your litter enough or you aren't feeding it properly.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Zenithe posted:

That's a fairly impressive level of incompetence.

https://twitter.com/ellinghausen/status/837156673185689600

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

xPanda posted:

Does LF Economics have some connection to our favourite erstwhile subforum?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-02/housing-why-are-we-still-buying-properties-we-cant-afford/8289634

His name is actually Lindsay David lol.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
We now cross live to pre-eminent LF economists, Francis Fukyomama and Red Ken.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/tanya_plibersek/status/837099770111913984

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

JBP posted:

I mean I didn't expect this to come from a dude like Abetz, but his proposal allows a business to dismiss casuals and get new ones that don't have the protected rate. Considering that casuals are the real losers through anything like this, it's a bit of a "but see I'm a nice guy" play.

Its to wedge Turnbull - Turnbull has to pass on the penalties because independent advice, abide etc, pro-business, so come out against them as unfair puts Turnbull on the wrong side of the conservatives agains so Tony can rock up as a compassionate conservative. Or Dutton. It's pure politics just to continue to gently caress over Turnbull and keep him unstable.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Lid posted:

Liberal senator Eric Abetz has dramatically intervened in the penalty rates debate, calling for workers' existing rates to be protected, and creating a fresh political headache for Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull.

So if I'm your typical unscrupulous small business owner, i just get rid of everyone (or make some sort of superficial adjustment to the role and make everyone reapply for their "new job") and now my workforce is subject to the reduced penalty rates?

Abetz is a loving snake but if he's actually concerned about his constituents then this will do gently caress all to help them anyway, and if he's just paying lip service instead then anyone relying on penalty rates isn't going to be fooled by his suggestion anyway (one hopes).

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

aejix posted:

So if I'm your typical unscrupulous small business owner, i just get rid of everyone (or make some sort of superficial adjustment to the role and make everyone reapply for their "new job") and now my workforce is subject to the reduced penalty rates?

Abetz is a loving snake but if he's actually concerned about his constituents then this will do gently caress all to help them anyway, and if he's just paying lip service instead then anyone relying on penalty rates isn't going to be fooled by his suggestion anyway (one hopes).

He aint concerned

quote:

In an opinion piece for Fairfax Media, Senator Abetz has publicly called on the Fair Work Commission to protect existing pay rates so "no worker is worse off" and only new employees would be paid reduced rates on Sundays and public holidays.

Senator Abetz said he supported the landmark decision to cut penalty rates for certain workers in the retail, hospitality and tourism sectors because it would help small business and create jobs, but the decision "had to be implemented in a fair and equitable manner".

So only the future employed are to be hosed over!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/Henry_Belot/status/837166894473846784

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
https://twitter.com/lanesainty/status/837105289077805056

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Lid posted:

Its to wedge Turnbull - Turnbull has to pass on the penalties because independent advice, abide etc, pro-business, so come out against them as unfair puts Turnbull on the wrong side of the conservatives agains so Tony can rock up as a compassionate conservative. Or Dutton. It's pure politics just to continue to gently caress over Turnbull and keep him unstable.

Regarding the "or Dutton" part, knowing his track record he would have an initial reaction to say the wage cuts don't go far enough. Compassion isn't something he really understands.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/837167394682351616

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/amworldtodaypm/status/837052373193261056

What a clown.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
It's me, I'm the person who works twelve days a year

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Solemn Sloth posted:

Pauline?

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

The ABC posted:

The Queensland Liberal National Party is to hold an unprecedented meeting of its state and federal MPs this weekend to discuss ways of countering a resurgent One Nation.

The office of the Queensland opposition leader Tim Nicholls has confirmed to 7.30 that MPs from regional and provincial areas will be meeting in Bundaberg on Saturday.

Despite speculation this week about a possible demerger of the LNP, 7.30 understands that issue is not on the agenda.

Rather, the inaugural meeting of the LNP's Provincial Policy and Implementation Council will examine ways the party can better campaign in areas where One Nation is gaining in popularity.

"No-one, except for a few extremists, wants the party to de-merge," Toowoomba-based Senator Barry O'Sullivan told 7.30.

"It's not going to happen.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is Fielding Redux with Extra Clownshoes DLC.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

If anything comes out of this, I will laugh my arse off if Tudge shows his face at the local sporting club in the future

Solemn Sloth posted:

A Federal MP?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lmao

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Chadzok posted:

Wait, women in QLD can't get abortions?
Holy poo poo that's pathetic, gently caress you QLD!
I guess there's a few select super-popular clinics right over the border in actual modern civilisation (NSW)?
They're also rolling back flouridisation in some areas, right? What a shithole, no wonder the PHON vote is so high; anyone with half a loving brain would just move.

From yesterday, but don't go thinking NSW has it's poo poo sorted on this issue. Abortion is still a crime in NSW unless the performing the abortion "is necessary to preserve the woman involved from serious danger to her life, or physical or mental health".

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/nsw-lags-way-behind-on-updating-its-abortion-laws-20160610-gpganw.html - Note the bill discussed in this article from June last year went nowhere and was never voted on.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hyperbowl posted:

From yesterday, but don't go thinking NSW has it's poo poo sorted on this issue. Abortion is still a crime in NSW unless the performing the abortion "is necessary to preserve the woman involved from serious danger to her life, or physical or mental health".

Which (thanks to Kirby in 1994) has such broad criteria that it can cover almost every imaginable situation.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

I'm the bookmarks on every single page of the reader.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Starshark posted:

You know Roberts has a first class crazywall somewhere.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

Clearly he wanted to use the whole packet of post-its.

I'm just glad he opted for hot pink and bright yellow to help convey both the appropriate amount of levity and the missing jester costume.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/837187542344581120

https://twitter.com/SenatorMRoberts/status/837198673532477440

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The more I think about the implications of this the funnier it is.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
https://twitter.com/tegangeorge/status/837230803574652928

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Please insert the smiley of infinite vomit here.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
He does have an honours degree in civil engineering, so his horrible painting at least has some grounding in reality :shrug:

Of course, in its own special way its equally on the nose as anything Trump commissioned where he's swathed in gold and striding forth like an emperor - full of poo poo, just coming from the opposite direction.

EDIT: Holy poo poo, I didn't realise how right I was about Trump's portraits.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Mar 2, 2017

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Yeah look, it actually could be worse.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

It's fine except that if you didn't tell me who it was I wouldn't have known.

The resemblance isn't great.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Gorilla Salad posted:

He does have an honours degree in civil engineering, so his horrible painting at least has some grounding in reality :shrug:

Of course, in its own special way its equally on the nose as anything Trump commissioned where he's swathed in gold and striding forth like an emperor - full of poo poo, just coming from the opposite direction.

jesus loving christ

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Gorilla Salad posted:

This looks like a crop from one of those joke images where the presidents are riding bears and velociraptors.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://twitter.com/AndrewBrownAU/status/837094381639233536?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When I think of the NT the first thing that comes to mind is all the snow.

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

NSW is definitely not California and WA is Arizona not Texas

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
The government wants to have the powers to do the same thing Tudge did with ARE VETERANS info - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-03-02/government-wants-new-power-to-release-veterans-personal-info/8320268

What the gently caress is going on with all this? Is there an actual endgame here or do they really just want to have something to shut down people thinking about making public criticisms? How can they think this looks like anything besides an insanely unethical mess?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
^^^ Geez, how the gently caress do they think they're going to win on that one? "We want to gently caress over ARE DIGGERS". Yep. Good optics right there.

Jonah Galtberg posted:

NSW is definitely not California and WA is Arizona not Texas

Yeah, seriously, where's the Austin in WA? WHERE?!??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah, you'd probably have better luck mapping Australian states to Texan cities than US states.

• Locked thread